Zumba = bulky muscles?

Options
13»

Replies

• salsera_barbie
    salsera_barbie Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    When I was dancing all the time, latin ballroom, I danced 5-6 days a week and my calves didn't get "bulky" they got cut.
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    I know a guy who said his teeth fell out because he brushed them too much...
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options
    lolNO
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options
    Yes all the top bodybuilders incorporate zumba for its muscle building efficiency

:laugh:
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    Zumba won't make you bulky. But Tae bo is a whole different story. Be veddy veddy careful with Tae bo

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/749572-can-you-lose-weight-with-tae-bo
  • Factory_Reset
    Factory_Reset Posts: 1,651 Member
    Options
    OP, be wary of shake weights too

they made me hy-ouge
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    Zumba made me what I am today!
  • cmcollins001
    cmcollins001 Posts: 3,472 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. I am interested in doing some Zumba, but I told my friend this and she said if I do Zumba a lot my calf muscles will get bulky from all the dancing. I do want to do zumba, but I don't want bulky muscles though. Should I do it anyway?

You+forgot+about+Funnyjunk+giving+someone+500++thumbs+for+getting+_0b442ae6effa7d7e81d7509828f4550a.jpg
  • walkinthedogs
    walkinthedogs Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Did that comment she made make any sense at all to you? Cause it sure doesn't to me or many others. Honestly, sometimes I just don't know where people come up with these bits o' advice. Do you know how hard some people have to work on their calf muscle just to have one sorta show? Besides having a defined calf muscle is hot. Period. Now go dance, dance, dance!
  • FerretBuellerr
    FerretBuellerr Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    Hi I want to apologize to some of you who thought this question was a joke. No, I really wondered about it. I'm sorry if I upset anyone, that was not my intention. I'm very new to the whole diet & fitness thing so I don't know much about really anything. Bulky muscles is not my goal, I prefer looking skinny, but in a healthy way.

But thank you for all the answers. I guess it was a silly question...sorry about that. I guess I should look into a zumba class.

I don't think it was that you asked a silly question, but that your friend is greatly misinformed and just transfered the wrong information to you.

I love Zumba, and it in no way has made me "bulky" since I started a few months ago. The ladies I see there that have been going for over 4 years are not bulky either.
  • _jordy_
    _jordy_ Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I've never done zumba.
    But, I feel ya on the whole 'bulky calves' issue.
    It's genetics unfortunately. I do a lot of cardio and while my legs are smaller/more toned I still have proportionately 'large' calves. It's just the way you and I are built. Still it is a bit agonizing for me, I really hate them.