jillian michaels???

Options
13»

Replies

• hannamarie88
    hannamarie88 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    Yes! Do it! When I started 30 day shred I could barely survive the level and I hurt for two days -- but I kept at it and now Ripped in 30 is killing me too. But I love it. The suggestions of breaking the circuits apart are very good. You might try out 30 Day Shred because I found it easier than Ripped in 30. Here is my success post: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1082378-jm-30-day-shred-results-first-success-post

Good luck! I was a former couch potato too :)
  • doublegrrr24
    Options
    It kicked my *kitten* at first too but then I got stronger and I kick my own *kitten* now! :) Just keep at it!!
  • I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    Options
    but Level 3 I didn't like, not because parts were harder but because of the jump training, I just didn't enjoy it at all.

Why did you not enjoy it? Is it possible you didn't enjoy it because it was hard? (I don't enjoy it, either, but I don't enjoy any exercise...it all sucks in my opinion. I still do it though.)
  • dianakamp
    dianakamp Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    She's got a pretty good yoga video out, really more aerobic than yoga but if you like her you would probably like it and it is less intense to start out with that the 30 shred.
  • fionarama
    fionarama Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    Just do the beginner version. Its well worth it. My only problem with Gillian is the time limit. 30 days is a nice achieveable goal. But you need to make a LIFESTYLE change, like forever. Not just 30 days. So you should make a plan now for what exercise you will do after the 30 days and make sure you keep to it, otherwise you will lose weight and get fitter, then put it all back on when you finish the programme.
  • Achaila
    Achaila Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    I did the 30 day shred when I was 270 pounds! Let me tell you, for weeks I sat on my couch and just watched it all the way through thinking about if I wanted to do it or not. My biggest piece of advice is do what you can. Go all the way through it. If yo ucan't do the jumping jacks, stop for a second then keep going. The thing that killed me was the squat and press. Holy crap were those torture. After a few days it got easier and easier. Then once you can get through it its on to the next level and you start all over again with feeling incredibly out of shape. :P

They have it on youtube. All 3 levels. I used the YouTube app on my Xbox360 and watched it :)
  • AynzL
    AynzL Posts: 40
    Options
    Congrats on starting! That's the hardest part in my opinion! I started my journey in January and was similar to you. I had a baby 2 years ago and it had been almost 3 years since I did any type of exercise. I say do what you can! Sometimes I found even taking a break halfway through to do something a little easier (I had a treadmill so I would walk for 10-15 min....anything with weights... stretches, butt bridges) and it'd give me the break I needed to finish the rest. Eventually you will be able to do it! I finished Ripped in 30 last month and it is a hard one! Have you tried the 30 day shred? That might be a little easier for starting. Good luck! And again, congrats on starting!!! Putting on your workout shoes and getting out of bed or off the couch is half the battle! Don't over do it and hurt yourself like I did in the beginning! You're body will let you know when it's had enough!
  • mag131
    mag131 Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    but Level 3 I didn't like, not because parts were harder but because of the jump training, I just didn't enjoy it at all.

Why did you not enjoy it? Is it possible you didn't enjoy it because it was hard? (I don't enjoy it, either, but I don't enjoy any exercise...it all sucks in my opinion. I still do it though.)

Jump training certainly sucks, but it is super effective! I hated it at first, but now I love it. I love a good challenge though. Completing the full set with intensity at the same pace as Jillian is such a satisfying feeling.
This discussion has been closed.