I Feel the Need...the Need...for Pizza and Chocolate.

Options
So, perhaps the ladies out there can identify a little better with this, but there are times when I'm just about ready to hold up a chocolate shop or run down the nearest pizza man. Seriously. All I can think about is a big, juicy, cheesy...sorry, I'll stop. A nice, creamy, sweet, peanut butter-filled.... :love: ...GAH. See my problem? So what do y'all do to curb these all-consuming cravings? Are there healthy alternatives? Or anything, really. For the safety of all of my local pizza men and chocolate shops. It's a good cause.

50239516.png

Replies

• whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options
    Then eat it.
  • Iron_Lotus
    Iron_Lotus Posts: 2,295 Member
    Options
    I don't deny myself what my body is craving. It won't kill you to indulge a little, just make room for it.
  • Escape_Artist
    Escape_Artist Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    Then eat it.

This, as simple as that
  • Factory_Reset
    Factory_Reset Posts: 1,651 Member
    Options
    When I WANT something, I HAVE it

It all goes in

Every. last. bit.

I shudder to think of my life without the stuff I crave
  • MaryLouRoyal
    MaryLouRoyal Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Thank you! You guys are right. If I deny myself, I won't be able to sustain this. On to pizza--in moderation!
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options
    When I WANT something, I HAVE it

It all goes in

Every. last. bit.

I shudder to think of my life without the stuff I crave

Giggity
  • KayLasMack
    KayLasMack Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Yes! I can relate! What I've found helpful in the past and even now, when I have that overpowering chocolate craving is to make myself a cup of homemade hot chocolate using a few semi-sweet chocolate chips(enough to slightly fill my palm) and around 6oz of low-fat milk and a dash of cinnamon. You'd be surprised how that stopped my chocolate craving.:bigsmile:
  • MaryLouRoyal
    Options
    Idea saved! It's getting to be hot chocolate season, after all.
  • determined2lose89
    determined2lose89 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    I had this problem yesterday. I really really really wanted pizza. So....my hubby and I ordered a thin crust, easy on the cheese, veggie loaded pizza. I had 3 (yes, 3 slices! When you make it thin crust and easy on the cheese you knock it down to 185 cals per slice) and a large salad! Total meal was about 615 calories but I had room because of a workout before dinner.
  • Confuzzled4ever
    Confuzzled4ever Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    i make eggplant pizza.. using eggplant for a crust and topping with whatever I want.. not the same.. but it's still yummy. lol
  • steve2kay
    steve2kay Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    A lady at work brought in a box of chocolates - I've resisted all day. I've just come back from a 5k run and decided I could treat myself to one as it'll fit in my macros. I got a coffee one! urgh...what a complete waste!
  • happy2mamma
    happy2mamma Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    pizza is my trigger food for overeating :) I LOVE it :) i make english muffin pizza's or try making them with flat out bread. i know its not the same as the corner pizza shop but it help me get thru those cravings :)
  • jennyrebekka
    jennyrebekka Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    Then eat it.

This, as simple as that

Unfortunately is it NOT just as "simple" as that. To someone who has issues with control, it does not feel possible to stop at just ONE slice of pizza (or whatever that number of pieces is that will fit in your macros)
  • dp1228
    dp1228 Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    just eat it if it fits into your day. if it doesnt for pizza i'll make my own. lots lower calorie recipes online. and for chocolate i usually make a cup of hot chocolate. the dark chocolate caramel starbucks pack i found in target :)
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Most times I make my own pizza at home so I can control the calories. Since I save calories for a big dinner every day this never puts me over. But sometimes we still get delivery.

I eat chocolate almost every day. Chocolate milk, cocoa roast almonds, dark chocolate, sometimes candy bars if I have the calories. And I almost always eat chocolate with almonds or pb. I love the mix of salty and sweet. But, other than the rare PMS fueled fiasco, I've never been able to eat a lot of chocolate in one sitting anyway. Not so much with pizza, though.
  • Factory_Reset
    Factory_Reset Posts: 1,651 Member
    Options
    i make eggplant pizza.. using eggplant for a crust and topping with whatever I want.. not the same.. but it's still yummy. lol

Lets focus on the phrase....not the same

pizza is not made with eggplant or cauliflower....it's just not!!!
  • dp1228
    dp1228 Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    Then eat it.

This, as simple as that

Unfortunately is it NOT just as "simple" as that. To someone who has issues with control, it does not feel possible to stop at just ONE slice of pizza (or whatever that number of pieces is that will fit in your macros)

It's definitely not simple at all, BUT it is a necessary skill that people have to learn in order to truly change their habits and make this a lifestyle change. In my opinion people NEED to be able to learn to stop at one slice, one piece etc.... if not, how are they supposed to go through life? Avoid foods they love forever? That's a recipe for failure.
  • TX_Rhon
    TX_Rhon Posts: 1,549 Member
    Options
    I usually cave and eat it! I dont beat myself up over it but I will do some extra cardio to make me feel better about the splurge. This is a new behavior that I have adopted and is my biggest NSV! You can get there as well!! :flowerforyou:
  • MaryLouRoyal
    Options
    Then eat it.

This, as simple as that

It's definitely not simple at all, BUT it is a necessary skill that people have to learn in order to truly change their habits and make this a lifestyle change. In my opinion people NEED to be able to learn to stop at one slice, one piece etc.... if not, how are they supposed to go through life? Avoid foods they love forever? That's a recipe for failure.

Luckily for me, my favorite pizza place sells 7" personal pizzas. I'm early in my journey, so I'm not well-seasoned at this, so...even if I lose control and just go rabid on the thing, I probably won't go over my calorie count too much, if at all (checked the database). And I'm set at 1.5 pounds per week, so even if I accidently go over just a little, I'm still in a losing range. I doubt my rabid state would be enough for me to hop in the car and get ANOTHER pizza.
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    Fortunately I am of the mentality that there aren't any unhealthy foods (Unless you're planning on chugging NaOH because that IS unhealthy). What I do know is that many foods aren't worth the calories in terms of taste vs. nutrition. So like soda is generally something I tend to avoid.

When I have cravings for such things, I learned that I will eventually endup eating/drinking them anyways except that I will likely chug it down in larger quantities (AKA binging) and that is a worse for me. So I usually just try and make room in my diary for said unhealthy foods and go from there. Don't have enough calories? Workout and get some room for them. Don't wanna workout? Just eat it today and eat fewer calories tomorrow or just eat it tomorrow.

Now, I have noticed another thing. When I workout vigorously and regularly, I tend to crave sugar less and less. Something about a chemical being released that is similar to satisfying sugar cravings I read. Hope these help :)