How do you satisfy the evening snacking urge???

Options
I reached my caloric limit for the day but often find myself still wanting something later on in the evening. I was wondering what do others do to satisfy that sensation and don't want to eat? I tried water but it goes right through me and i'm hungry again in an hour or so. Please Help!!!

Replies

• CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Options
    I eat...... I know that I am going to be hungry around 10 so I make sure I save some calories for a snack and enjoy it..... Best of Luck
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    Options
    Early to bed, early to rise...
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options
    Eat dinner later or otherwise schedule in a snack
  • Pelly57
    Pelly57 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I know I am going to want something sweet later in the evening. I budget and plan for it. Sugar free jello if nothing else.
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,583 Member
    Options
    pre log your days or workout some to lose more.

Then again, are you eating enough in the first place?
  • leb199
    leb199 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Sunflower seeds! 32g of Jumbo sunflower seeds is only 95 calories and it takes a while to eat them.
  • 1_Slick_Chick
    1_Slick_Chick Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Cup of diet hot chocolate...or, go to sleep. If too early, do some exercise so I can eat something light (string cheese) or a few almonds.
  • trisH_7183
    trisH_7183 Posts: 1,486 Member
    Options
    I try to save 2-300 cals for a snack.Tonight it was a pudding cup...100 cals,then later a C of seedless grapes for 65 cals.
  • Cherrie099
    Cherrie099 Posts: 45 Member
    Options

Yes i'm eating enough, I just hate to go over the 1200 calories.
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    Options
    I save calories for evening snacking and also keep a low calorie snack by my bedside along with a big glass of water. Usually my snack is a protein bar to knock out all urges for the night. I live in a two-story house, and I find that if I keep a snack upstairs, I am less likely to go down to the kitchen and rummage around for something unhealthy.
  • Leah_Brooke
    Leah_Brooke Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Sex.
  • Cherrie099
    Options
    Sunflower seeds! 32g of Jumbo sunflower seeds is only 95 calories and it takes a while to eat them.

Thats an idea. thanx
  • Hezzietiger1
    Hezzietiger1 Posts: 1,256 Member
    Options
    pound egg whites w/hot sauce.

But, I usually just eat 4-6 meals a day and the last one is about 2-3 hours before bed. I don't really get hungry after. Plan better.
  • Cherrie099
    Options
    Cup of diet hot chocolate...or, go to sleep. If too early, do some exercise so I can eat something light (string cheese) or a few almonds.

Diet Hot Chocolate sound yummy! ;-)
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,583 Member
    Options

Then no, you aren't. The 1200 is a goal. You should eat that much.
  • Cherrie099
    Options
    I save calories for evening snacking and also keep a low calorie snack by my bedside along with a big glass of water. Usually my snack is a protein bar to knock out all urges for the night. I live in a two-story house, and I find that if I keep a snack upstairs, I am less likely to go down to the kitchen and rummage around for something unhealthy.

Protein bars sound good too. Lots of good suggestions here. Thx everyone. You are the best. I love this site
  • kshiraakshara
    kshiraakshara Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I eat smaller meals during the day so that I have a few hundred calories left for snacking at night. I try to snack on relatively low calorie food so that I can eat a lot without going over (veggies, fruits, sunflower seeds, air popped popcorn with hot sauce on top, stuff like that).
  • Cherrie099
    Options

Then no, you aren't. The 1200 is a goal. You should eat that much.

I'm 56 and it's very hard for me to lose weight. I've been heavy most of my adult life. I work out and do the treadmill on my days off. If i eat the 1200 I will maintain but not lose. (I think) I've been on this plan since July 31 and only lost 13 pounds. Not alot. I don't get hungry all the time but sometimes I just want to snack.
  • melissabarbehenn
    Options
    I save up some calories for a snack before bed. It keeps me from being ravenous in the morning too and overeating at breakfast.

I eat a Nutrigrain bar or a Fiber One bar (chocolate). Satisfies the sweet tooth, while being conservative on the calories.

Also, I add a splash of diet juice (Ocean Spray Diet Cranberry with Lime) to my water. It helps it go down easier.

Hope that helps!!!
  • whitebalance
    whitebalance Posts: 1,655 Member
    Options
    I don't have this urge, probably because dinner is seldom earlier than 8-9pm for me. When I go over is when I didn't leave enough calories for dinner, which is usually because I planned on working out after work but didn't get to for some reason.

I have occasionally wanted a post-meal treat of some sort... usually if I don't have the calories for it, I make myself move for it.