How do you satisfy the evening snacking urge???

Options

Replies

• Cherrie099
    Cherrie099 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I eat smaller meals during the day so that I have a few hundred calories left for snacking at night. I try to snack on relatively low calorie food so that I can eat a lot without going over (veggies, fruits, sunflower seeds, air popped popcorn with hot sauce on top, stuff like that).

i like that. thx
  • Cherrie099
    Options
    I save up some calories for a snack before bed. It keeps me from being ravenous in the morning too and overeating at breakfast.

I eat a Nutrigrain bar or a Fiber One bar (chocolate). Satisfies the sweet tooth, while being conservative on the calories.

Also, I add a splash of diet juice (Ocean Spray Diet Cranberry with Lime) to my water. It helps it go down easier.

Hope that helps!!!

I just ordered the Fiber One bars on line. Now i'm excited..
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    pre log your days or workout some to lose more.

Then again, are you eating enough in the first place?

Yes i'm eating enough, I just hate to go over the 1200 calories.
    Then no, you aren't. The 1200 is a goal. You should eat that much.
    Took the words right outta my mouth. 1200 isn't really enough for most women. Are you at least eating back exercise cals? Goal means GOAL, not a mark to fall short of. Considering that 1200 is the bare minimum for women, going over by a hundred cals or more a couple days a week isn't going to hurt ya. Probably do ya some good! :wink:

I snack in the evening sometimes. Plain greek yogurt with fruit & honey is a good one, or a few squares of dark chocolate dipped in peanut butter. Or a scoop of ice cream with half a banana & some chocolate syrup! Budget it into your calories - or better yet, change your settings on MFP to get a higher daily goal - if you set your goal to lose 2lbs a week, change it to 1lb, which is a better target since you have less than 50lbs to lose (going by your ticker on your profile).

Good luck!
  • Cherrie099
    Options

Took the words right outta my mouth. 1200 isn't really enough for most women. Are you at least eating back exercise cals? Goal means GOAL, not a mark to fall short of. Considering that 1200 is the bare minimum for women, going over by a hundred cals or more a couple days a week isn't going to hurt ya. Probably do ya some good! :wink:

I snack in the evening sometimes. Plain greek yogurt with fruit & honey is a good one, or a few squares of dark chocolate dipped in peanut butter. Or a scoop of ice cream with half a banana & some chocolate syrup! Budget it into your calories - or better yet, change your settings on MFP to get a higher daily goal - if you set your goal to lose 2lbs a week, change it to 1lb, which is a better target since you have less than 50lbs to lose (going by your ticker on your profile).

Good luck!

No I don't add back my work out caleries. I'm so undisciplined i'm afraid if i am not strict I will fall. I have to be very strict or i royally mess up. It's all or nothing at all with me.
  • barrkat14
    Options
    13 lbs is still a lot!! good job!:smile:

I also like to do light popcorn, its filling and takes a while to eat, and gives me my salty fix!
  • Cherrie099
    Options
    13 lbs is still a lot!! good job!:smile:

I also like to do light popcorn, its filling and takes a while to eat, and gives me my salty fix!

wow yea! light popcorn!!! totally forgot about that. Hmmmm..... Thx my friend
  • yask989
    Options
    I drink more water or make something hot..like green tea.
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,583 Member
    Options

Good luck!

No I don't add back my work out caleries. I'm so undisciplined i'm afraid if i am not strict I will fall. I have to be very strict or i royally mess up. It's all or nothing at all with me.
    ..sigh.
  • Nissi51
    Nissi51 Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    - dessert gum
    - water
    - 5 calorie jello servings
    - tea
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    By snacking in the evening.

I intentionally plan my day to leave a bunch of calories late at night, so I can fit in some ice cream and Pop tarts and whatnot.
  • jonnythan
    Options

Good luck!

You're being strict, but wrong. You need to be strict, but to the right things. You're doing it the wrong way.
  • leaaa92
    leaaa92 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    If I reach my calorie goal and It's too late to exercise but I still want to snack on something, I grab some fruit! :smile: I get a handful of blueberries or some dried fruit snack or apples.. yummy.
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    3789.png

photo+3.JPG

1685.png
  • bethanyliz1
    bethanyliz1 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I have this problem too! I'm going to start brushing my teeth as soon as I hit my calorie limit. Seems to help!
  • SarahWrittenThin
    SarahWrittenThin Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    blend a bunch of strawberries and freeze in small cups or on popsicle sticks- fresh, low cal, and sweet :)
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options

No... you're not. You're a nurse (and on your feet a lot, I would assume), and eating only 1200? No wonder you're hungry. Have a snack.
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options

Good luck!

um, how on earth do you even have the energy to do your job you're undereating like this?
  • jonnythan
    Options

I'm 56 and it's very hard for me to lose weight. I've been heavy most of my adult life. I work out and do the treadmill on my days off. If i eat the 1200 I will maintain but not lose. (I think) I've been on this plan since July 31 and only lost 13 pounds. Not alot. I don't get hungry all the time but sometimes I just want to snack.

13 lbs in 8 weeks is a lot of weight loss. That's at or near the absolute fastest you should be losing weight.

You're not eating enough
  • prinkster
    Options
    I had this same issue. The way I got around it was to try to budget just a few calories for the night for a snack like some light popcorn, and to also try to eat most of my food earlier in the day.

I kind of realized that, for me, it wasn't usually that I was hungry at night, just that I was kind of bored and wanted something to do. If you're that kind of hungry, just load up a plate full of zero-calorie food like baby carrots, celery, baby spinach, etc. It will satisfy your "I want to eat something!" feeling without ruining your diet.

Best of luck!
  • Cherrie099
    Options
    I had this same issue. The way I got around it was to try to budget just a few calories for the night for a snack like some light popcorn, and to also try to eat most of my food earlier in the day.

I kind of realized that, for me, it wasn't usually that I was hungry at night, just that I was kind of bored and wanted something to do. If you're that kind of hungry, just load up a plate full of zero-calorie food like baby carrots, celery, baby spinach, etc. It will satisfy your "I want to eat something!" feeling without ruining your diet.

Best of luck!

YES THAT IS MY PROBLEM. As I stated before I'm NOT hungry. Just have the urg to snack. Thank you!! ????