•1 large head of cauliflower
    •2 cloves garlic, grated or minced
    •2 large eggs, lightly beaten
    •4 oz low fat mozzarella cheese
    •1/2 teaspoon onion powder
    •salt
    •pepper

•Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
    •Chop the cauliflower into chunks and place into microwave for about 5 minutes or until soft
    •Place the cauliflower into a food processor and blend until it's a mashed potato texture
    •In a medium bowl, stir together cauliflower, eggs,cheese, and seasonings
    •Lightly spray a baking pan with spray oil and coat with the mixture (about 1/2 inch thick)
    •Bake at 450 degrees for 20-25 minutes or until the top starts to brown
    •Add additional cheese to the top and enjoy!

:happy:
  • Dorothy4208
    Dorothy4208 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Poor cauliflower. No one wants it for what it is.

I must be seriously PMS'ing. I read this and got sad, and started feeling bad for the cauliflower.
  • MIM49
    MIM49 Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    will the recipe turn out ok if you replace the whole eggs with eggbeaters ( or eggwhites only)?
  • Ok, so out of every 100 people, one half of a person is gluten intolerant. Is it their right half or the left half? I think maybe the cauliflower boom is cause people have been taught that carbs are supposedly bad. I like cauliflower, just not as a breadstick :smile:
  • lauren3101
    lauren3101 Posts: 1,853 Member
    Options
    I am confused... where is the bread and the sticks? :grumble:

Oh no you didn'T! :angry:

9cd9d66d-4e71-4e91-b924-6614e1f12d22_zpse7a19ac0.jpg
  • rhileyschubbygranny
    Options
    what is the calorie/nutritional info on this recipe?
  • LauraMacNCheese
    LauraMacNCheese Posts: 7,198 Member
    Options
    Cauliflower replacements are the bane of my existence...
  • Escape_Artist
    Escape_Artist Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    I really don't think this is as good as breadsticks, with you know, bread but whatever floats your boat! :indifferent:

Really unless you have a medical condition that makes it you can't eat bread there is no reason to sub bread for cauliflowers :noway:
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,692 Member
    Options
    Cauliflower is for salads and for steaming. Next thing you'll know there'll be cauliflower candy.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • LauraMacNCheese
    LauraMacNCheese Posts: 7,198 Member
    Options
    Cauliflower is for salads and for steaming. Next thing you'll know there'll be cauliflower candy.

IDEA Fitness member
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

1350192087_1253886001_office-no.gif
  • TArnold2012
    TArnold2012 Posts: 929 Member
    Options
    It may not be bread sticks but sounds yummy !!! Thanks
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options

IDEA Fitness member
    perhaps....however I find it quite boring to only steam and eat cauliflower in salads...is that really all you can think to do with it?
  • coonl0422
    Options
    Wow...I'm gonna walk the path less taken here and NOT criticize what sounds like a great recipe.
    (BTW...for those that are wondering; Carbs. That's why Cauliflower. This is great for KETO)

I was looking for Nutritional Info as well....Assuming that you cut them 5 times vertical, and 1 time horizontal (making 10 "Bread" sticks) this is what i got...

http://imgur.com/yYs8T4U

(I can't get bbCode or HTML to load on this board...sorry but the link is the best i can do.)
  • Epluim
    Epluim Posts: 1
    Options
    Making them now! I'm so excited for this recipe, since I cannot eat bread! I added some protein powder, just to give them a boost, and I can't wait to try them. Thanks for the recipe!
  • Will_Thrust_For_Candy
    Will_Thrust_For_Candy Posts: 6,109 Member
    Options

IDEA Fitness member

Yup, all of this ^^^^^^

I puke in my mouth a little bit every time I see one of these threads :sick:

ETA....that GIF is the best!
  • darbydh1982
    darbydh1982 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Sounds yummy! I'll have to try!

I'll share a recipe for cauliflower alfredo sauce.

1 Big head of cauliflower
    1/2 onion white or yellow
    couple cloves of garlic
    1 or 2 tsp of oil to coat
    12 oz of chicken broth
    1/2 cup grated/shredded parmesan cheese
    Optional: herbs like oregano or basil, Garlic Salt, Pepper or Reg salt, up to your taste.

Boil cauliflower in chicken broth until soft like mashed potatoes. Saute onions and garlic with oil in a frying pan. Blend all ingredients together in blender. Makes a ton of sauce. Depending on how much broth you use, sauce may get watery after being refrigerated, so re blend and experiment with broth amount.

When I feel like I have had too many carbs for a day, I'll put it over spaghetti squash instead of noodles. Hope you enjoy!
  • Cindyinpg
    Cindyinpg Posts: 3,902 Member
    Options

IDEA Fitness member

tumblr_m4i8brl8wB1qg3muyo1_500.gif 
  • keeptehpeace
    keeptehpeace Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I'm not understanding how these would taste like breadsticks..
  • chilicoco
    chilicoco Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    These are great. My son and I made some tonight, slightly different recipe but quite delicious.
  • CuteMonkeyGal
    CuteMonkeyGal Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I'm in for cheese and garlic. I'm still warming up to cauliflower... ;)

Thanks for the recipe! :D