MFP bullies

Options
I've been seeing a lot of people coming in to posts and tearing apart the OP and I cant understand why. If you have a differing opinion on what beauty or fitness is, that is great and you can express yourself all you want. But don't get angry or rude if the person doesn't agree! Body image is a sensitive topic for a lot of people and there's no need to hurt anyone. Kindness is easy. Taking digs at a person i'snt doing anything but making you look despicable. This website was designed to provide support in your journey. Not torment.

Replies

• KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    worry about yourself
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    Options
    I am making tacos.
  • ILoveTheBrowns
    ILoveTheBrowns Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    I am making tacos.

i just had 2 tacos for lunch from the mexican joint in town....they were awesome
  • RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    Options
    popcorn-go.gif
  • ladynocturne
    ladynocturne Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    I'm on here a lot, do these horrible posts happen as soon as I get up to put laundry in or something?
  • Escape_Artist
    Escape_Artist Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    I am making tacos.

You better be sharing :bigsmile:
  • arghbowl
    arghbowl Posts: 1,179 Member
    Options
    I am making tacos.

i like tacos
  • mlb567
    mlb567 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I don't think it takes long before you discover that there are a lot of polarized opinions on this site.
    And about 90% of people have ZERO sense of humor.
    So, that being said, if I had a topic I felt particularly sensitive about random feedback on, a smart person probably wouldn't post it.
    Whatever you do or say, there is someone who is going to rip you up like you just got tossed into the shark tank.
  • ILoveTheBrowns
    ILoveTheBrowns Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    I'm on here a lot, do these horrible posts happen as soon as I get up to put laundry in or something?

yes
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    My favorite puppet is Kermit the Frog.
  • ssaraj43
    ssaraj43 Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    popcorn-go.gif
  • ladynocturne
    ladynocturne Posts: 865 Member
    Options

yes

That's amazing.

How do they know? *paranoia*
  • JenAndSome
    JenAndSome Posts: 1,908 Member
    Options
    I am making tacos.

i just had 2 tacos for lunch from the mexican joint in town....they were awesome

I thought about tacos for lunch, but changed my mind. Now I wish I had just went for it.
  • danarandallreed
    danarandallreed Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    The world is full of people who need to prove something. And taco lovers, it is full of taco lovers apparently.
  • Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Mia_RagazzaTosta Posts: 4,885 Member
    Options
    I just smashed some bacon. It was delicious.
  • Fitnin6280
    Fitnin6280 Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    I am making tacos.
    Homer-Simpson.jpg
  • chloecats
    chloecats Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    worry about yourself

They probably are.

OP, if comments in your thread upset you, perhaps the solution would be to leave the general forums for a bit, instead focus on the 'Groups' or 'Friends' aspects of the Community section, and maybe come back and lurk, without posting, for a bit later to get used to the manner in which people comment on things. Not saying that people haven't been rude to you - maybe they have - but at the end of the day, it's just an internet forum. Growing a thick skin about these things would probably be very helpful in your personal self-improvement journey. I know that has been a huge help to me in recent years. I used to be very sensitive and would dwell on things for days. Now I just close the tab if necessary and can carry on my day.
  • Mr_Bad_Example
    Mr_Bad_Example Posts: 2,403 Member
    Options
    This website was designed to provide support in your journey. Not torment.

I thought this website was designed to track calorie consumption and fitness.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,015 Member
    Options

yes

That's amazing.

ladynocturne - I agree! I don't think the OP actually knows the definition of "bully". Very, very rarely have I seen a reply that even closely resembles mean - and I've read about a bajillion topics here. (see start date and post count)
  • kurbikoff
    Options

yes

That's amazing.

What percent of people are making fun of this very post haha. I mean I can take it, but this is generally what happens. just something Ive noticed and wonder why people post in these at all
This discussion has been closed.