MFP bullies

Options

Replies

• Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    Chia Seeds and Raspberry keytones make you lose fat.......If you disagree with me you are a bully.
  • ILoveTheBrowns
    ILoveTheBrowns Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    I am making tacos.

i just had 2 tacos for lunch from the mexican joint in town....they were awesome

I thought about tacos for lunch, but changed my mind. Now I wish I had just went for it.

yeah you scrwed the pooch on that one.....those 2 tacos changed my life.....and i got free chips and salsa with them which just added to the amazement of the situation
  • ladyfox1979
    ladyfox1979 Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    Wow! There are MFP Bullies? My mother always told me that if you should never ever allow someone to have power over your emotions, otherwise they win.
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options
    Please don't bully me.
  • stillnot2late
    stillnot2late Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    worry about yourself

They probably are.

OP, if comments in your thread upset you, perhaps the solution would be to leave the general forums for a bit, instead focus on the 'Groups' or 'Friends' aspects of the Community section, and maybe come back and lurk, without posting, for a bit later to get used to the manner in which people comment on things. Not saying that people haven't been rude to you - maybe they have - but at the end of the day, it's just an internet forum. Growing a thick skin about these things would probably be very helpful in your personal self-improvement journey. I know that has been a huge help to me in recent years. I used to be very sensitive and would dwell on things for days. Now I just close the tab if necessary and can carry on my day.

THIS. I see the OP just joined in September. This reply will probably be of help to her (unless she is gone already). I know cause I got there by growing that tough skin, and stopped thinking about things for days. I pick my posts carefully, since I enjoy making comments.
  • kurbikoff
    Options
    I'm on here a lot, do these horrible posts happen as soon as I get up to put laundry in or something?

yes

That's amazing.

How do they know? *paranoia*

ladynocturne - I agree! I don't think the OP actually knows the definition of "bully". Very, very rarely have I seen a reply that even closely resembles mean - and I've read about a bajillion topics here. (see start date and post count)

ok maybe not the correct term. Bully is a bit strong. But if you look through this thread itself nearly everyone is making fun and being rude. Am I wrong?
  • NonnyMary
    NonnyMary Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    I've been seeing a lot of people coming in to posts and tearing apart the OP and I cant understand why. If you have a differing opinion on what beauty or fitness is, that is great and you can express yourself all you want. But don't get angry or rude if the person doesn't agree! Body image is a sensitive topic for a lot of people and there's no need to hurt anyone. Kindness is easy. Taking digs at a person i'snt doing anything but making you look despicable. This website was designed to provide support in your journey. Not torment.

If someone is insulting, then report them to the powers that be here.

if someone is telling the truth, but their delivery is not as sensitive as you woudl liek it, then listen to what they have to say.

pick one of the above depending on the situation.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    Chia Seeds and Raspberry keytones make you lose fat.......If you disagree with me you are a bully.

I used that as my topping for my cauliflower pizza with cauliflower breadsticks on the side. :wink:
  • izWHATitIz
    izWHATitIz Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    TACOS!!!!!!!:tongue: with fresh salsa and chips................
  • Pangea250
    Pangea250 Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    I'm on here a lot, do these horrible posts happen as soon as I get up to put laundry in or something?

yes

That's amazing.

Just stop doing laundry. You really need me to point out the obvious?
  • MickeyCastello
    Options
    The only way you can keep from being bullied is to read and not post.
  • ihad
    ihad Posts: 7,462 Member
    Options
    My favorite puppet is Kermit the Frog.

He is cool, but isn't he technically a muppet?

Did you see the episode of Angel where he was turned into a muppet? Now that was cool.

33l04d1.jpg
  • chloecats
    chloecats Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    What percent of people are making fun of this very post haha. I mean I can take it, but this is generally what happens. just something Ive noticed and wonder why people post in these at all

People post this sort of thing in these sorts of threads because it's enjoyable to do so, and they're poking fun (I would not use the word 'bullying' to describe this thread, by any stretch of the imagination) because I suppose you can say that the thread topic is a slightly foolish one. As cmriverside noted, this forum is a very tame corner of the internet; you aren't going to find many posts saying, "I agree, it's terrible" because a lot of people disagree that it's harsh.

In other words, it's banter.
  • harvo
    harvo Posts: 4,676 Member
    Options
    I am making tacos.

Goodness gracious...I came in here to make a point and lost my train of thought early....bless you!
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options
    My favorite puppet is Kermit the Frog.

He is cool, but isn't he technically a muppet?

Did you see the episode of Angel where he was turned into a muppet? Now that was cool.

33l04d1.jpg
    ^ that was totally my face the first half of today.
  • salladeve
    salladeve Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    For the hungry bullies

slider_tacos_fiery_2013.png
  • awtume9
    awtume9 Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    *yawn*
  • VeroJuly
    VeroJuly Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I am so having tacos for dinner tonight!!! yum!
  • ILoveTheBrowns
    ILoveTheBrowns Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    soft tacos are so far superior then their crunchy counterparts.....its not even close...crunchy tacos are soooooo 1997
  • Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Mia_RagazzaTosta Posts: 4,885 Member
    Options

yes

That's amazing.

ladynocturne - I agree! I don't think the OP actually knows the definition of "bully". Very, very rarely have I seen a reply that even closely resembles mean - and I've read about a bajillion topics here. (see start date and post count)

ok maybe not the correct term. Bully is a bit strong. But if you look through this thread itself nearly everyone is making fun and being rude. Am I wrong?

It's because this same thread is started weekly without any merit.
This discussion has been closed.