If you keep your phone in your bra while working out

OK, certainly not definitive (and you could even argue complete hearsay based on sample size alone) but why risk it?? Makes me wonder if an arm band is any better...

http://www.hindawi.com/crim/medicine/2013/354682/

Replies

• WakkoW
    WakkoW Posts: 567 Member
    I have never once thought of putting my cellphone in my bra.

Really? This is a thing? Women do this?
  • Therealobi1
    Therealobi1 Posts: 3,261 Member
    but these ladies were keeping it placed there for hours each day. its abit much
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member

Some do. I sweat like crazy and no way would it stay put.

I have a bely clip I put mine in and then clip it to the back of my sports bra.
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    I saw this one lad pull an iPad out of her bra. true story.
  • AmyP619
    AmyP619 Posts: 1,137 Member
    I'd be afraid that my boob sweat would cause my phone to malfunction. Bwahahhaa
  • leaaa92
    leaaa92 Posts: 164 Member

I do sometimes, during the day, if I don't have a pocket. But never while working out.. that's a bit weird.:huh: It would get all sweaty! lol
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member

I've seen plenty of women do that. I don't understand it, myself.
  • Iron_Lotus
    Iron_Lotus Posts: 2,295 Member
    I sometimes put it between my strap and my shoulder area, if I for got my clip or armband
  • Morninglory81
    Morninglory81 Posts: 1,190 Member
    Sooooo if I keep it in my pocket will I develop ovarian cancer?
  • _crafty_
    _crafty_ Posts: 1,682 Member
    I use an app on my phone to track my lifting while I'm at the gym so I have it "out" the entire time I'm there. If I didn't use that app I wouldn't have it with me at all. It would be in a locker.

That being said, I wear shelf bra cami tops around my house and as pajama tops all the time. I have been known to stick my phone in the top of those if my hands are full and I need to take my phone with me to another room or something but I don't store it there for periods of time.
  • corn63
    corn63 Posts: 1,580 Member
    I can't even tell you how many phones women would bring in; not working. I'd open up the phone and the water sensor would be tripped. They'd claim to have NEVER put their phone in water. "Do you run or do other activity with your phone in your bra?"

"MY BOOB SWEAT KILLED MY PHONE?"

True story. Pour one out for my homies long gone.
  • BattleTaxi
    BattleTaxi Posts: 752 Member
    I put mine in my bra when consuming alcohol in venues other than my home. If I put it in my bra during a work out, I may give someone a black eye after it bounces off the girls and projects across the room.
  • frommetobetterme
    frommetobetterme Posts: 124 Member
    I do on occasion, just not while working out, just like I've put money in there in days of yore while going to the bar.

During a workout, no.... it would get too sweaty and gross.

I didn't read the article, but these studies are on people who have them in there for prolonged periods of time no? The same way they were worried about male genitals and cell phones.

I don't worry about it so much, now days, everything gives cancer (tongue in cheek, don't take this literally).
  • cafeaulait7
    cafeaulait7 Posts: 2,459 Member
    Hee hee. My boobs killed my phone, yeah. I was just getting the mail, but I stopped to pull some weeds and got into it. It was a hot day. RIP, little phone.
  • opalescence
    opalescence Posts: 413 Member
    Boob sweat killed my android, now I have a new phone but still use the dead one to workout for the music stored on it.

I wear 2 workout bras and it sits nicely snuggled in between the two and it doesnt get sweaty at all, it also doesnt have service anymore, just the music player.

I hoop dance so an armband or earplugs doesnt work with the hoop flying all over my body.
  • WakkoW
    WakkoW Posts: 567 Member
    This really is fascinating to me. I have never really thought of using my bra for storage, but then again, I was blessed with the little, perky ones, so something like a phone would be really obvious.

So maybe this falls under the category of big tittie problems.
  • Rogstar
    Rogstar Posts: 216 Member
    Yep, I keep mine in my bra when working out if I don't have a pocket. I set my apps to track my workout, then I put it in a sock and put it between the two sports bras I need to wear for my 38DDDs. Probably looks a little weird if it shifts towards the front, but my boob pockets work great. I agree that it would be rather disgusting just putting it up to my skin...but no sweat gets to it this way.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    This really is fascinating to me. I have never really thought of using my bra for storage, but then again, I was blessed with the little, perky ones, so something like a phone would be really obvious.

So maybe this falls under the category of big tittie problems.

Yeah it does... I could never put a phone in my itty bitties lmao :laugh:
  • smarionette
    smarionette Posts: 260 Member
    Belt clips and arm bands bug the hell out of me for some reason when I'm working out, so if I'm outside my phone goes under the strap above the majority of the flesh.