If you keep your phone in your bra while working out

Options

Replies

• Stage14
    Stage14 Posts: 1,046 Member
    Options
    This really is fascinating to me. I have never really thought of using my bra for storage, but then again, I was blessed with the little, perky ones, so something like a phone would be really obvious.

So maybe this falls under the category of big tittie problems.

Yeah it does... I could never put a phone in my itty bitties lmao :laugh:

This. If I put a folded up dollar bill in my bra, it would be noticeable.
    If I put my phone between my boobs, people might mistake me for Tony Stark!
  • tladame
    tladame Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Another card-carrying member of the IBTC here. No way could I carry a cell phone in my bra. My phone is longer than my cup size! I know several women who always carry theirs in their bra. My neighbor's mother-in-law, who is about 65, does this. Cracks me up every time she whips it out in front of everybody (the phone, not her boob).

Seeing these articles about links to cancer would be a deterrent for me.
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    I have never once thought of putting my cellphone in my bra.

Really? This is a thing? Women do this?

That's where I put mine when I work out. I have a nexus, which is about palm sized, and I wrap the earbud cord around the bra strap. It's obvious but then, the idea isn't to be 'discreet' it's to put my phone somewhere so my hands are free. It's about 45 minutes 3 days a week, so I'm willing to keep risking it.
  • cosmonew
    cosmonew Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    I put all kinds of things in there, dog bags (before the poop) credit cards, money... but never my cell phone. I did put my fitbit in there and then sweat to much.... now it doesn't work, I know the same thing would happen with a non water resistant cell phone.
  • Francesca3434
    Options
    I have never once thought of putting my cellphone in my bra.

Really? This is a thing? Women do this?

my thoughts exactly!
  • mortuseon
    mortuseon Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    Wear 2 sports bras -> put phone inside first layer of sports bra -> successfully use Runkeeper.

I should really just get an armband.
  • barbalari
    barbalari Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    my sis keeps hers in her bra...will have a word!
  • grrrlface
    grrrlface Posts: 1,204 Member
    Options
    This worries me that people do this.

A hairdressing colleague I know developed breast cancer from holding her hairdryer under her left arm while blow drying hair at work.

It's something to do with the stimulation of cells in that area by phone/hairdryer etc.

I would never risk it, since everything else in the world is also out to kill us. :flowerforyou:
  • aarar
    aarar Posts: 684 Member
    Options
    Wow good to know! I always pit my phone in there while running.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    I don't have an arm band- my ipod and or my zune go in my bra- all the time. Like daily.

Every once in a blue money when I don't have the music I need to dance to- or something strikes me- I'll down load it to my phone- and use my phone.

i didn't think it was all that shocking- women keep keys- money- rings wallets- all sorts of stuff in there. It's an instant pocket- ALL my money is kept in there if I'm at the gym and I need to run to the store- there are no pockets in workout gear- unless i have a light jacket on.
  • init2fitit
    init2fitit Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Sooooo if I keep it in my pocket will I develop ovarian cancer?

Lol. This.
    Should I keep my phone in a lead bag around my ankle?
  • pkw58
    pkw58 Posts: 2,039 Member
    Options
    Nope, don't use my bra as a carriier of anything than what it was intended... I pay good money not to look lumpy!
  • thatonegirlwiththestuff
    Options
    I actually did at one time keep my phone in the shoulder strap of my sports bra, but I sweat so profusely, it would slip around, so I invested in an arm band. So much better.
  • rld27
    rld27 Posts: 6
    Options
    For the cost of two have one nice one with a pocket :) www.isportsbra.com
  • qtgonewild
    qtgonewild Posts: 1,930 Member
    Options
    This happened to my girlfriend this weekend.

Results:

PHONE DEAD. Brand new 2 month old galaxy. DEAD ON ARRIVAL.

FML.
  • cstringfellow2013
    cstringfellow2013 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I guess I am just old fashioned. I would never keep anything in my bra other than my breasts. I keep my phone in an arm band when I'm working out and in a wristlet when I'm at the bar.
  • fireytiger
    fireytiger Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Add me to the naughty ladies who store phones in the bra, haha. I only put my phone in my bra at the gym when I go, and because i'm so hugely chested AND too poor to afford better sports bras, I have to wear two. It fits well in between the two. I know I really need to A) get some better sports bras, and B) get something better to hold my cellphone so I can listen to my music while working out.
  • jwooley13
    jwooley13 Posts: 243
    Options
    Wear 2 sports bras -> put phone inside first layer of sports bra -> successfully use Runkeeper.

I should really just get an armband.

You just single-handedly solved my sweaty boob phone issue. I can't believe I never thought of that. You are actually my hero.
  • amygauv
    amygauv Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Sooooo if I keep it in my pocket will I develop ovarian cancer?

Lol. This.
    Should I keep my phone in a lead bag around my ankle?

seriously. i run for an hour at most. If I run outside, i throw it in my bra and go, go home, wash it ( in my lifeproof case ) and its clean.