162 lbs...size nine jeans? What gives?

2»

Replies

• jayliospecky
    jayliospecky Posts: 25,022 Member
    You might want to research whether manufacturers are making sizes different now than before because women want to wear a smaller size. Manufacturers will then make a size 14 and then say its a size 12 because they want to trick the person into thinking they are getting a smaller size. Research this to see if this is happening with your favorite clothing manufacturer.

I don't understand why she would want to do this.

To make sure she feels the proper amount of shame for being at whatever size it is she's at?

Which is to say: Who knows.

I've heard that the average shoe size has also gone up over the past 30 years. What if they've done the same thing with shoes? What if my feet aren't ACTUALLY a size 9? What if they're a size 10 and someone has just TRICKED me into thinking they are an acceptable size 9 when they are really a MUCH LESS ACCEPTABLE SIZE?!?!
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    You might want to research whether manufacturers are making sizes different now than before because women want to wear a smaller size. Manufacturers will then make a size 14 and then say its a size 12 because they want to trick the person into thinking they are getting a smaller size. Research this to see if this is happening with your favorite clothing manufacturer.

To make sure she feels the proper amount of shame for being at whatever size it is she's at?

I've heard that the average shoe size has also gone up over the past 30 years. What if they've done the same thing with shoes? What if my feet aren't ACTUALLY a size 9? What if they're a size 10 and someone has just TRICKED me into thinking they are an acceptable size 9 when they are really a MUCH LESS ACCEPTABLE SIZE?!?!

I wear a 6.5...but what if I my freakishly small feet are in fact just 'small'?

This could change everything. Or nothing. It could change nothing.
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member

Well, it's not like she's claiming to be an HOURGLASS FIGURE! Cue "I'm an hourglass and only .000005% of people are and I can't BELIEVE how many people claim they're hourglass when they're not!"

8%
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    The numbers don't count.

I am 5 ft 4 in and weigh 162 labs and I wear a six to eight, depending on the cut.

Also, the only thing required to lose weight is to eat at a calorie deficit. Are you doing everything you can to ensure that you are doing this?
  • gonesewing
    gonesewing Posts: 63 Member
    Hmm....I am 153 lbs and wear a size 10. What jeans are you buying?

You will find that, in many cases, women with a higher LBM will be 'smaller' than another woman of the same height and build be less LBM.

Case in point I'm 145 pounds and wear a 6, and I can wiggle my butt into some 4's. At 150 I was easily into my old size 9's from high school.

I am 5' 11.5'' with a small to medium frame size and pretty lean right now. I still think I am buying the wrong jeans :tongue: :laugh: . Hm...not much in the boob department so maybe that is it , lol.