Bored

Options

Replies

• djeffreys10
    djeffreys10 Posts: 2,312 Member
    Options
    It is known in physics that force is equaled to mass times acceleration (f=ma). Performing a little calculus, you can integrate both sides of the equation. The integral of force is known to be energy. So energy (E) = integral (m*a). The mass of a body remains constant, so E=m*integral(a). The integral of acceleration is 1/2*velocity^2 (or 1/2v^2).

So now we have E=1/2mv^2. If we want to determine the maximum potential energy of a given mass, we have but to plug in the theoretical maximum velocity of said mass, which is the speed of light (represented by c).

So we get E=1/2mc^2. But, Einstein said that E=mc^2. :huh:

In short, was Einstein wrong? In fact, there are many physicists that believe so.
  • Jonesie86
    Jonesie86 Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    you don’t get to say ‘I’m bored.”

She can be bored if she wants to be. :devil:

:flowerforyou: Thanks for the backup

Dustin, was Einstein wrong, or just capable of having a theory that was unable to be proven otherwise in his time...?
    Fact: in science, there are no facts/proof, only evidence.
    Fact: scientists live to prove each other wrong.
    Fact: I've used the word prove more in this post than all year.

Hahahahaha
  • runs4zen
    runs4zen Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    It is known in physics that force is equaled to mass times acceleration (f=ma). Performing a little calculus, you can integrate both sides of the equation. The integral of force is known to be energy. So energy (E) = integral (m*a). The mass of a body remains constant, so E=m*integral(a). The integral of acceleration is 1/2*velocity^2 (or 1/2v^2).

So now we have E=1/2mv^2. If we want to determine the maximum potential energy of a given mass, we have but to plug in the theoretical maximum velocity of said mass, which is the speed of light (represented by c).

In short, was Einstein wrong? In fact, there are many physicists that believe so.

I don't care if Einstein was wrong. I just want you to keep talking the sexy nerd talk! :bigsmile:
  • djeffreys10
    Options
    you don’t get to say ‘I’m bored.”

She can be bored if she wants to be. :devil:

:flowerforyou: Thanks for the backup

Dustin, was Einstein wrong, or just capable of having a theory that was unable to be proven otherwise in his time...?
    Fact: in science, there are no facts/proof, only evidence.
    Fact: scientists live to prove each other wrong.
    Fact: I've used the word prove more in this post than all year.

Hahahahaha

Fact: Not everything you stated as a fact is a fact, or even correct :tongue: In science, there are often facts that are proven. These are known as laws. For example, see my previous post on ohms law. Electrical circuitry is science, and ohms law is a proven fact in that scientific discipline.

I think Einstein just got his math wrong. There are much smarter people than me on both sides of that argument, though.
  • djeffreys10
    Options

I don't care if Einstein was wrong. I just want you to keep talking the sexy nerd talk! :bigsmile:

I will gladly do so if anything else pops in my head that I can make sound smart and interesting lol
  • Jonesie86
    Options
    Fact - I'm tired. Don't pick on me -_- lololol
  • runs4zen
    Options
    Okay, here's something:

When people say "I'll ride shotgun" meaning "I'll sit in the front passengers seat", many do not realize that the phrase hails back to the days of the horse and wagon. The person sitting next to the driver held the shotgun and other weaponry and acted as the wagon's protector from would-be attackers.
  • runs4zen
    Options

I will gladly do so if anything else pops in my head that I can make sound smart and interesting lol

:drinker:
  • djeffreys10
    Options
    Okay, here's something:

When people say "I'll ride shotgun" meaning "I'll sit in the front passengers seat", many do not realize that the phrase hails back to the days of the horse and wagon. The person sitting next to the driver held the shotgun and other weaponry and acted as the wagon's protector from would-be attackers.

<--Redneck, so aware of that one lol.

The term piss poor. In olden times, leather was tanned with urine. Some extremely poor people collected their urine in a pot, and sold it to leather tanners. They were piss poor.

Then there were some more poor then that. They couldn't collect their urine to sell because they didn't have a pot. They were so poor, they didn't have a pot to piss in. Hence, that saying.
  • runs4zen
    Options
    Okay, here's something:

<--Redneck, so aware of that one lol.

The term piss poor. In olden times, leather was tanned with urine. Some extremely poor people collected their urine in a pot, and sold it to leather tanners. They were piss poor.

Then there were some more poor then that. They couldn't collect their urine to sell because they didn't have a pot. They were so poor, they didn't have a pot to piss in. Hence, that saying.

I have used both those phrases my whole life and did not know the origination! Awesome!

Okay...so...

Orson Welles, was married to Rita Hayworth for a while. He directed her in a movie, The Lady From Shanghai. In that movie, she played a badass femme fatale who cons a guy into killing her husband. Anyhow, Welles and Hayworth were estranged and divorcing at the time the movie was being filmed and he "deconstructed" her signature look during the production.

She was a dancer and a gorgeous, long haired, red head in real life. In the movie, she is a vicious bi-otch, with short blond hair who declares "I don't dance" at one point and is extremely dangerous to any man who enters her life. I guess he was working his issues out on film!
  • Mutant13
    Mutant13 Posts: 2,485 Member
    Options
    Sometimes when sloths are swinging through the trees, they mistake one of their own arms for a branch, grab it and plummet to their deaths.
  • Mutant13
    Options
    Also Kangaroos have three vaginas.
  • Jonesie86
    Options
    Sometimes when sloths are swinging through the trees, they mistake one of their own arms for a branch, grab it and plummet to their deaths.

Hahahahahaha i'm not sure why, but I laughed way too hard at this..
  • runs4zen
    Options
    Also Kangaroos have three vaginas.

LOL...there is so much I'm wondering about here....
  • Mutant13
    Options
    Pigs will eat anything. Including a dead body.
  • runs4zen
    Options

Remember that show on HBO, Deadwood? The pigs on that show lived on a steady diet of human meat!!
  • VoicelessRide
    VoicelessRide Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    when a pig orgasms it can last up to 30 min.

wow I do not know if that is good or bad LOL
  • Jonesie86
    Options

Ewww
  • Mutant13
    Options
    The average sperm contains 37.5 mb of information. The average male ejaculation equates to a data transfer of 1,500 TB.