Do Fat Burning Foods Really Exist?

Options

Replies

• Snow3y
    Snow3y Posts: 1,412 Member
    Options
    Fat burning foods? no. Foods that speed up your metabolism? yes.
  • Lemongrab1
    Lemongrab1 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Actually, even if you 'ate clean' but still went over your calorie limit, you'd still gain weight.
    A calorie's a calorie, whether it came from fudge or an organic quiche.
  • Vivian06703188
    Vivian06703188 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to lose 15 pounds in a month.
    You would be better off selecting a realistic goal instead of trying to lose so much so fast.
  • paleojoe
    paleojoe Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    Fat burning foods? no. Foods that speed up your metabolism? yes.

I doubt any food speeds up the metabolism significantly enough to make a difference...
  • paleojoe
    Options
    Actually, even if you 'ate clean' but still went over your calorie limit, you'd still gain weight.
    A calorie's a calorie, whether it came from fudge or an organic quiche.

True. That said, it is far easier to go over your calorie limit eating fudge then eating "clean".
  • _EndGame_
    _EndGame_ Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    Perhaps it has some kind of placebo effect on the mind?

Assuming you're eating a deficit in calories, you're going to lose weight. Whether you eat Mcdonalds or a home cooked roast, with vegetables.

I read eating grapefruit is great for "speeding up your metabolism" so I ate grapefruit one week for breakfast, that week I lost weight, and I thought "wow, must have been the grapefruit!" but then I went a week eating eggs and muffins for breakfast and I still lost the same amount of weight. Ergo, it comes down to calories - not foods. But, then again, I could be wrong, I'm no expert, perhaps there is foods out there that literally jump start your metabolism.

I hear green tea is meant to be great at accelerating weight loss. I much prefer Yorkshire Tea though!
  • MaddiJoseph
    MaddiJoseph Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I'm all for healthy eating and "clean eating" for health if that's your choice. But I hate that people sell it as a weight loss solution. Go eat organic nuts and avocado and grass fed beef as your diet. It's all "clean". Bet you don't lose weight though.
  • Via_14
    Via_14 Posts: 992 Member
    Options
    Because “simple” does not rhyme with “easy”.

And clean eating does not rhyme with "what a load of cobblers" - although they are closely related.
    tumblr_mtsxy6YGTp1sj3oxho1_400.gif

OMG that's so cute and a cool cat!

sorry so ye i drink green tea. i think that does something for the body to lose weigt over time =)
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    Options
    If you eat the way nature intended...

Not this again...

"Nature" doesn't intend anything. "Nature" has no plan, no purpose, no direction, no goal.

We got to where we are as a species eating anything remotely digestible, and the quality of our protein intake, until recent times, most closely resembled that of carrion. As soon as we figured out how to manipulate nature, we did, and virtually none of the "natural" foods we eat today exist in a form that "nature intended". The produce section of the grocery is, however, filled with fruits and vegetables creates as "human intended".
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    Options
    ...it is far easier to go over your calorie limit eating fudge then eating "clean".

Not with the Sisson "Primal" crowd, who are busy dropping sticks of butter into their coffee, having snacks of pure coconut oil, wrapping everything and everything in multiple slices of bacon.
  • sloth3toes
    sloth3toes Posts: 2,212 Member
    Options
    Anyone else notice the very similar nature of the OP's posts... this thread and 'his' other thread.... have all the earmarks of another rather new poster's threads? The attempts to 'educate' everyone.

Someone who's nick means 'lick' in French?

JoeLicks.png
  • paleojoe
    Options
    ...it is far easier to go over your calorie limit eating fudge then eating "clean".

Not with the Sisson "Primal" crowd, who are busy dropping sticks of butter into their coffee, having snacks of pure coconut oil, wrapping everything and everything in multiple slices of bacon.

For most though, high fat food satiates the appetite leading to less calories overall. Fudge on the other hand, which is basically sugar on sugar on sugar stimulates the appetite. Everyone is different I know. For me there is only so much butter I can eat. Sugar on the other hand... there is simply never enough.
  • sloth3toes
    Options
    There are actually foods that burn belly fat. You can still eat what you want. i found how to lose weight and get my body healthy by an awesome program which i lost 20 lb in 5 wks. I wanted to share it with you. Give it a look http://idealcustomizedfatloss.com

I think I am getting the hang of this place.

5452912-juvenile-three-toe-sloth-hanging-in-tree.jpg
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    Options
    There are actually foods that burn belly fat. You can still eat what you want. i found how to lose weight and get my body healthy by an awesome program which i lost 20 lb in 5 wks. I wanted to share it with you. Give it a look http://idealcustomizedfatloss.com

Yeah, there are not. Nice try spammer.
  • beachlover317
    beachlover317 Posts: 2,848 Member
    Options

Hey! You're smiling. :happy:
  • jadedhippo
    jadedhippo Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I just imagine the little bits of fat burning food with pitchforks and torches cornering the fat and setting them on fire
  • sloth3toes
    Options

Hey! You're smiling. :happy:

Sloths are always smiling. We don't DO anything all day.

:bigsmile:
  • Skrib69
    Skrib69 Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    I bought a ebook , there is a topic "Do Fat Burning Foods Really Exist?", hope it is useful for your guys.

I hope so – because the entire program you’re reading right now tries to prove it. The thing is – when people think about fat burning foods, they envision foods that would make you lose weight magically.
    As if they contained secret fat burning compounds that had the power to transform your body with no effort on your part.

The information in this guide is very powerful and will feel overwhelming at times. But once you learn the truth, you won’t be able to go back. You’ve been warned.

So what exactly is the title of this book so I can find it and read what you are reeferring to???
  • Cindyinpg
    Cindyinpg Posts: 3,902 Member
    Options
    I bought a ebook , there is a topic "Do Fat Burning Foods Really Exist?", hope it is useful for your guys.

I hope so – because the entire program you’re reading right now tries to prove it. The thing is – when people think about fat burning foods, they envision foods that would make you lose weight magically.
    As if they contained secret fat burning compounds that had the power to transform your body with no effort on your part.

The information in this guide is very powerful and will feel overwhelming at times. But once you learn the truth, you won’t be able to go back. You’ve been warned.

So what exactly is the title of this book so I can find it and read what you are reeferring to???
    Haha, I was wondering the same thing. I'd googled Do Fat Burning Foods Really Exist and got a million hits of nonsense entries but no ebook. What's the title? Don't leave us in suspense, I'll read anything: the back of cereal boxes, heck, I even read the Twilight series. :sick: I can only go up from there. :laugh: