Do Fat Burning Foods Really Exist?

Options

Replies

• Hauntinglyfit
    Hauntinglyfit Posts: 5,537 Member
    Options
    Yes. They're these special veggies, and they grow in Santa's garden. The elves harvest them, then they make stew out of them. Noms noms noms.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    What are these fattening chemicals?
  • snazzyjazzy21
    snazzyjazzy21 Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    What are these fattening chemicals?

H20?
  • bethannien
    bethannien Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    I just imagine the little bits of fat burning food with pitchforks and torches cornering the fat and setting them on fire

:laugh: laughing for days!
  • Oishii
    Oishii Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    Yes. They're these special veggies, and they grow in Santa's garden. The elves harvest them, then they make stew out of them. Noms noms noms.

So why is Santa so rotund?
  • Chadomaniac
    Chadomaniac Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    NO
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,669 Member
    Options
    There are actually foods that burn belly fat. You can still eat what you want. i found how to lose weight and get my body healthy by an awesome program which i lost 20 lb in 5 wks. I wanted to share it with you. Give it a look http://idealcustomizedfatloss.com
    Foods don't burn fat. Stop with the nonsense. Eating increases calories not decreases them. One burns fat in calorie deficit REGARDLESS of what food is eaten.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • sloth3toes
    sloth3toes Posts: 2,212 Member
    Options

So why is Santa so rotund?

Probably, in the interest of political correctness... and not wanting to lead the little kiddies astray..... ( funny looking word, 'astray' ) Santa will be slowly slimmed down over the years.

santaclipart-1.jpg
  • erica12345678
    Options
    I think what also matters a lot is the glycemic index. For instance, I would be able to eat more brown rice that's 100 calories vs white rice so I would be fuller. Also, the second thing is that I would get hungry a little faster after eating the white rice than the brown rice. So you have two benefits of eating the right foods:
    1. You can eat more of them and feel fuller.
    2. You won't get hungry as quickly
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    I think what also matters a lot is the glycemic index. For instance, I would be able to eat more brown rice that's 100 calories vs white rice so I would be fuller. Also, the second thing is that I would get hungry a little faster after eating the white rice than the brown rice. So you have two benefits of eating the right foods:
    Long grain white rice and brown rice have virtually the same glycemic index. Glycemic index is targeted more to diabetics instead of general population.
    How can you eat more than 100 calories of brown rice vs 100 calories of white and still be at 100 calories? Yes brown rice has more fiber, but it's not even significantly more than white rice.

IDEA Fitness member
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • alexsaund1
    Options
    I do not know what eBook she is talking about but what I do know is my friend introduced me to an eBook called the truth about fat burning foods by Nick Pineault. He has done much research on the topic of fat burning foods stating what are the true ones and exposing the ones that to him from the results of his research do not really burn fat.

I found the book very interesting. I use it as a guide to my diet and it is working. I walk two miles daily for 5 days a week and I fell fit but my stomach would no go down because I like to eat and sometimes the wrong food.

This book has straighten me out and I have started to see some results slowly but surely.

Thomas Saunders
    Http://thefatburningfoods.net
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    I do not know what eBook she is talking about but what I do know is my friend introduced me to an eBook called the truth about fat burning foods by Nick Pineault. He has done much research on the topic of fat burning foods stating what are the true ones and exposing the ones that to him from the results of his research do not really burn fat.

I found the book very interesting. I use it as a guide to my diet and it is working. I walk two miles daily for 5 days a week and I fell fit but my stomach would no go down because I like to eat and sometimes the wrong food.

This book has straighten me out and I have started to see some results slowly but surely.

Thomas Saunders
    Http://thefatburningfoods.net
    Let me guess: eat certain foods and you burn fat all day long. This misinformation needs to be dumped. Regardless of what any author tells you in their book, the body is always utilizing body fat (rest and activity determine percentage) for energy. People get fat for ONE reason: consuming more energy than their body burns.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
  • Showcase_Brodown
    Showcase_Brodown Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    In fact, our food supply is becoming more and more processed and contaminated with fattening chemicals every
    year – which makes finding REAL fat burning foods a complicated pain in the a**.

Oh boy. So all we have to do is track down these real fat burning foods without all the evil, fattening chemicals in them.

To burn fat, get a calorie deficit. That's it.
  • JorisSt
    Options
    There are some that can help your metabolism, but they are not a diet on its own!

a read an ebook and followed it, for me that was a really easy way to lose weight.

Joris S.
    weightloss-tips.eu
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    There are some that can help your metabolism, but they are not a diet on its own!

a read an ebook and followed it, for me that was a really easy way to lose weight.

Joris S.
    weightloss-tips.eu
    Stop with this nonsense. Foods don't increase metabolism.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,269 Member
    Options
    I'm all for healthy eating and "clean eating" for health if that's your choice. But I hate that people sell it as a weight loss solution. Go eat organic nuts and avocado and grass fed beef as your diet. It's all "clean". Bet you don't lose weight though.

I eat all of those as part of my diet and I lose weight just fine.

In fact, I have nuts planned for at least one snack and a steak planned as part of my dinner tonight (with eggs and hash browns YUM)

So... what are you trying to say?
  • paleojoe
    paleojoe Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    Long grain white rice and brown rice have virtually the same glycemic index. Glycemic index is targeted more to diabetics instead of general population.
    How can you eat more than 100 calories of brown rice vs 100 calories of white and still be at 100 calories? Yes brown rice has more fiber, but it's not even significantly more than white rice.

IDEA Fitness member

Also the glycemic index only makes sense if you eat that particular food alone... in the context of a meal the whole idea really goes out the window.
  • paleojoe
    paleojoe Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    I'm all for healthy eating and "clean eating" for health if that's your choice. But I hate that people sell it as a weight loss solution. Go eat organic nuts and avocado and grass fed beef as your diet. It's all "clean". Bet you don't lose weight though.

In fact, I have nuts planned for at least one snack and a steak planned as part of my dinner tonight (with eggs and hash browns YUM)

You lost weight because you ate at a deficit... not because the food was "clean"...
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,269 Member
    Options

You lost weight because you ate at a deficit... not because the food was "clean"...

Um... well duh. That was not what I was getting at if you read the post I quoted as well. The PP stated that those things were "clean" but that "Bet you didn't lose weight though". I stated that I DID eat those things and DID lose weight so I was unsure where they were coming from.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options

IDEA Fitness member

Also the glycemic index only makes sense if you eat that particular food alone... in the context of a meal the whole idea really goes out the window.

Yep.

This is a good thread on the GI. http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/532251-let-s-talk-about-the-gi-index?