Well, that wasn't worth the calories.

Options

Replies

• MyJourney1960
    MyJourney1960 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    ds and i usually get small McD vanilla milk shakes when we go somewhere (trip) - so a few weeks ago we saw that they had a new thing (not sure if it's new, but we had never seen it) - "premium" shakes. blech.:noway: totally not worth it. Thankfully, because they were bigger than the usual milk shakes we buy, we decided to split one instead of getting two . I'd rather have the regular, fake-vanilla-tasting one any day
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    Most fast food. :sick:
  • _orlando
    Options
    White chocolate cookie, AND I got the calories wrong. There's a brand I like, which is 230 calories per cookie. I thought, well, this one is a little bigger, I'll guess at 330 calories (thinking I was overestimating). I basically enjoyed it, but as soon as I finished my stomach bloated and I felt so sickly. Decided never to have one again. Checked the calories - 330? Ha! 445 more like. So very not worth it!
  • MyJourney1960
    MyJourney1960 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    Isn't it interesting how the way we experience food changes when we are being kind of "more aware" of it? Stuff that we used to just CONSUME, we suddenly actually realize is "just OK" . . . and we'd rather just skip it for something better.

I was on vacation and my spouse had a craving for Taco Bell . . . and it was calories, but so few actual nutrients in it! I just kept thinking I'd really rather have a Costco turkey burger patty and a slice of cheese -- it'd taste better AND be better for me, especially for all the calories. Ugh.
    I know - i'm going to be in NY this week, and then DC, and already thinking of all the "goodies" i'm going to get... then i think "really? is that really what i want? am i going to *spend* ~750 calories on a milk shake? or 300 cals on a donut?"
  • notdieting
    notdieting Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Recently a friend returned from a trip to the US and brought back Reesses Peanut Butter Cups (sp) as a treat. I had the calories to spare and tried one. OMG are they awful, cloyingly sweet, stick to the roof of your mouth sticky.......never again ! Don't understand why people rave so much about them....:o).

I have to thank those sickeningly awful things for stopping me wanting Reese's other peanut butter bar....Nutrageous. I loved the Nutrageous bars and had at least one a week as a treat, sometimes two, costing me 260 cals a pop. I then tried the Peanut Butter Cups and they were sooooo disgustingly sweet and cloying, it has left me with with a shudder at the very thought of sweet peanut butter and chocolate....so i haven't had a Nutragious since either. I'm sure if I had one, I'd enjoy them again but the thought of it reminds me of the literal gagging and wretching I got with the Cups so I haven't even tried.....so thank you Cups, you have saved me a potential 560 cals a week in high fat/high cal/high sugar rubbish.

I have never met anything too sweet. I could happily eat table sugar from the bag. Brown sugar even more so. I am amazed by people who describe anything as "too sweet."

It's whatever floats your boat. Very little of my excess weight would ever be blamed on sweet stuff. Sweeties could cease to exist, chocolate could cease to exist and I would not bat an eyelid. My 'float' is the savouries.....cheese, pasties, pies, cheese, crisps, CHEESE!!!

Spot the theme here?
  • Milynne
    Milynne Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Pizza from Casey's Gen. Store.

I saved the calories knowing I was going to eat at least 3 slices of a medium cheese pizza....first slice in and it was sooooo greasy I just felt sick after eating. I at 2 1/2 slices and regretted it afterwards, not because I gave into my pizza craving but because it was so disappointed I would rather have saved those calories for something more appealing.

I finished my dinner, drank my water, blogged and went to bed.
  • juliasays77
    juliasays77 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I am so glad you said you didnt like it - I wont try it now.

I'm glad to save somebody from it!

My tastes have definitely changed since I started watching my calorie intake, and things that I would have once loved I don't even like.
  • sarah12277
    sarah12277 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Taco Bell - hadn't been there in a very long time and decided to order coming back from vacation. Just not what I remember so won't be getting again

Maggiano's - went for a friend's birthday. never had been there. While the sauces of my dishes were great, there was something too salty on both. Won't be ordering those dishes again, if I go again
  • obrientp
    obrientp Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    A Krispy Kreme chocolate covered creme filled doughnut. I had looked forward to it for days ,made sure i had calories set aside for it, but when I bit into it it was cloyingly sweet and not very fresh. I could have cried. I should have thrown it out and saved what calories I could, but I ate it anyway and was mad a myself and out of sorts the rest of the day.
  • punkinkat
    punkinkat Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Zesty Cheese Doritos... They were delicious, but all the sodium made my tongue sore, and they ruined my day calorie-wise. Eventually I'll learn they're no damn good!
  • sumeetg37
    sumeetg37 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Not that I saved up for it, but I went to a friends party at an indian buffet restaurant... It was terrible, everything tasted stale and just awful, I literally ate 1-2 bites of each dish I took and was angry afterwards about even that small amount which added up to like 500 cal.... I hate (most) indian restaurants, not a one of them can hold a candle to my mom's food... I'm from India BTW.
  • suzyfj8
    suzyfj8 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    A chocolate cupcake that was really dry, didn't really taste of chocolate and icing was watery!
  • icimani
    icimani Posts: 1,454 Member
    Options
    Anything Kashi. It all tastes like sawdust to me.
    McDonald's Chicken McNuggets tasted really bland - I should have just had the Big Mac.

These days, if I'm going to splurge it needs to be worth it. REAL pizza!
  • mcibty
    mcibty Posts: 1,252 Member
    Options
    The last time I had a Burger King I was tempted to not finish it, but I was hungover so I did. I couldn't even enjoy it with a hangover, c'mon!
  • RHSheetz
    RHSheetz Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Recently a friend returned from a trip to the US and brought back Reesses Peanut Butter Cups (sp) as a treat. I had the calories to spare and tried one. OMG are they awful, cloyingly sweet, stick to the roof of your mouth sticky.......never again ! Don't understand why people rave so much about them....:o).

They fit American taste... We LOVE our sweet Peanut Butter.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    Popeye's shrimp po'boy.

Around 2005, I happened to try it and it was really good. I am a big fan of shrimp, lettuce & remoulade anyway...but their bread was A.maz.ing. back then, and the sandwich became my favorite fast food indulgence. Soon after, they closed down in my town and surrounding areas so I forgot all about it.

Fast forward to this summer...Popeye's reopened and I saved up my calories to have their po'boy again. It was unremarkable. Different bread was the biggest issue. It was dry, blah, and nothing special whatsoever. I regretted saving up my calories and going over my daily sodium intake for THAT. Not to mention spending close to seven bucks on a less than stellar sandwich (I am CHEAP). Ugh.

My fiancé and I make our own remoulade and a salad of chopped romaine and red onion with junky-but-cheap-and-tasty oven popcorn shrimp from Aldi, and a skinny baguette. Much more delicious and even with the frozen fried shrimp it's lower cal and less sodium than Popeye's by a lot.
  • echofm1
    echofm1 Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    This year at the state fair I had some extra calories at the end of the day and decided to get cheese curds. I had them and they were so disappointing that I only ate half of it and then had to throw it away--it just wasn't worth it.

However, I stole some of a friend's from a different place another day and they were delicious. I was just disappointed in that place's cheese curds.

My other item lately has been ice cream cones from stores. I love ice cream and it's delicious, but there's so much on a cone and it's so many calories that it's just not worth it. I'd rather have the half a cup and not feel like I wasted a meal's worth of calories.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    A couple weeks ago I had a crazy work out day and decided I was going to get a frozen pizza. I just stuck with Tombstone 4-Meat. (Choices are limited in my small town!) I usually loved these and over the course of the afternoon & evening I would have normally eaten the whole thing. I had the calories banked to eat like half of it....BUT, after the first 2 pieces it was just TOO salty! Which is crazy to say, because I am a salt maniac!

It was bittersweet...I loved frozen pizza, but know how terrible they can be for you. On the sweet side...I totally splurged the other day and made a philly cheese steak pizza and a chicken bacon alfredo pizza at home. Totally worth it! So I'm glad my taste for pizza hasn't changed. Now I just prefer "good" pizza!! :wink:

I can totally relate. We shared a thin crust veggie from Pizza Hut and were gagging from the salt...but there's a place in Oklahoma called Hideaway with about 8 vegetarian-friendly pizzas and they're decadent and fantastic. One of them has truffle oil and mushrooms and high quality cheese. Yummmm.
  • staplebug
    Options
    Poptarts! In my head, eating a poptart was going to be awesome and delicious, but 400 freaking calories. When it was over, I felt like craaaaaap. So sad and disappointing.
  • EDollah
    EDollah Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    One behavioural change I've adopted, and not even intentionally, is that if a "splurge" is disappointing, I just don't finish it. I bought a muffin the other day, took a couple of bites and thought "this isn't doing it for me" and threw the remainder out. It simply wasn't good enough.