Well, that wasn't worth the calories.

Options

Replies

• brraanndi
    brraanndi Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Not even fast food.

Peanut Butter itself is so disappointingly high in calories. I guess it's just that I've never made a peanut butter sandwich with a proper serving in my life.
  • leannems
    leannems Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    Recently a friend returned from a trip to the US and brought back Reesses Peanut Butter Cups (sp) as a treat. I had the calories to spare and tried one. OMG are they awful, cloyingly sweet, stick to the roof of your mouth sticky.......never again ! Don't understand why people rave so much about them....:o).

Far better than that is smear some peanut butter on a dark chocolate bar, freeze it for about 20m... THAT is delicious.

or try the justin's organic dark chocolate peanut butter cups. They make a milk chocolate one too, but I prefer dark chocolate.
  • Coffeeplz_123z
    Coffeeplz_123z Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I had a Twix the other day...it left my mouth with that lard coated feeling! It was awful!
  • lavaughan69
    lavaughan69 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    I can't think of anything too specific at the moment. But honestly it's hard not to enjoy everything these days since I'm so limited in what I can eat. So I savour pretty much everything I eat just because I eat so little a day. I always look forward to eating, regardless of what the food is.

This makes me sad. EAT.

I don't eat a lot either, but I save room for things I love.

My let down food is McDonalds. We stopped on the way camping to have some breakfast and the hashbrowns which I LOVE tasted weird and the grease stuck to the roof of my mouth. So disappointing.

Tonight I'm going to have pumpkin cheesecake at the Cheesecake factory...fingers crossed it's as good as it looks!
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    Fake Dippin Dots ice cream. It was terribly disappointing. The real stuff is stored at such a low temperature that I should have known stuff that could exist in a normal freezer was for chumps. Wish I'd stopped eating halfway through.
  • Confuzzled4ever
    Confuzzled4ever Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    I think it's amazing how when you switch how you eat and suddenly sub par food because bland and icky.

i'd love a pretzel dog. but i'd probably figure out a recipe and make it myself. I know i'd be disappointed and probably sick after eating sonic. I really have no desire for fast food and if I had to have it for some reason i'd get the plainest chicken I can order and/or a salad with unsweetened ice tea or water. I had the breakfast jack once. It was the only place open at 3am in the middle of no where. It was gross.

Awhile back though I bought my "favorite" cereal. frosted mini wheat. One spoon full and I gave it to my son. No thank you. And that used to be my staple go to cereal.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    Seriously love this thread.

Sometimes I feel weird about eating some pretty junky things along with my fairly healthy diet. I've had more Cadbury eggs in the past 30 days than I'd normally have in a year (three). But then I realize, yep I have "given up" about 100 other "meh" foods in the past year or two and don't miss them at all.

It's interesting what we learn by logging!
  • danarandallreed
    danarandallreed Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Arby's. I never enjoy it, it is over priced, and I still sometimes pull up to the drive thru with hope. I tossed out the turkey bacon club sandwich. Gross.
  • twinteensmom
    twinteensmom Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    Little Debbies snack cakes. All I can taste are the chemicals!! And I used to love those things, too!
  • PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    Options
    I had nachos last night that were terrible. Dry and the cheese was super greasy and bland. A huge waste of calories. Fortunately, the wings were delicious.

I think I just need make homemade nachos from now on...
  • soapyapples
    Options
    "pretzel bun was really good, the rest was just... meh. Bland and kind of tasteless." <---- yep.

Should have just went to get a good warm pretzel and nacho cheese sauce for dipping.
  • Mongognom
    Options
    My sister lives in the middle of nowhere, so when she's in town we go to McDonald, but this time the Big Mac just tasted horrible and I just had a few fries even from my tiny bag of fries. That as 700 calories wasted, and I had saved up for it and everything.

What I enjoyed the most was the soda (which I've stopped drinking).
  • Fit_Fox88
    Fit_Fox88 Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    Recently a friend returned from a trip to the US and brought back Reesses Peanut Butter Cups (sp) as a treat. I had the calories to spare and tried one. OMG are they awful, cloyingly sweet, stick to the roof of your mouth sticky.......never again ! Don't understand why people rave so much about them....:o).

I cried when i read this... how could you say such a horrible thing!??!? lol j/k... but now that you've posted this i really want a reese cup.... or 10!!!
  • new2canada
    new2canada Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    The only food that's really worth it for me is pizza...especially Pizza 73.
  • qtgonewild
    qtgonewild Posts: 1,930 Member
    Options
    that sonic commercials kill me. for the pretzel dog. havent tried it tho. i think all sonic food sucks. but i used to eat a pretzel bun at wienerschnitzel that i loved. anyhow, the other day i had a dark chocolate filled with caramel, half the bar for 110 calories. i know not much, but i thought it sucked and wouldve much rather spent those 100 calories on a pudding cup lol

oh yeah and i had a slice of pizza at the padres game last week. IT SUCKED what a waste of calories.
  • andresconejo
    Options
    Even worse, i saved a lot of cals to go eating outside but at the end all the plans got cancelled and i ended up having some kind if cereal or oatmeal or canned tuna sandwich! Not that i dont enjoyed these foods but its not what i expected :/
    And it happened several times! (Last time was yesterday)
  • luckeyfrog
    luckeyfrog Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    ROLOS! I had ONE and it was like 50 calories! Seeeriously not worth that!!
  • laursoar
    laursoar Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I tend to save myself calories for coffee as a treat from Starbucks, as I get free dining bucks that work there. Last time when I bought a pumpkin spiced latte after not having one for a couple of weeks, I found it to be super intensely sweet! I found myself thinking that I'm not sure I really like them all that much anymore. Sticking with unsweetened green tea iced teas, iced coffees, or skinny vanilla lattes (still a little too sweet, but a lot better in comparison). Plus, I've been getting my pumpkin fix with all sorts of pumpkin puree homemade recipes instead.
  • dunnodunno
    dunnodunno Posts: 2,290 Member
    Options
    One of Wendy's flat breads. I think it was the Asiago Ranch? It was bland & just plain disgusting.
  • rachel4304
    rachel4304 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I was at my sister's work and snagged two small "two-bite brownies". Fine and tasty till I looked at the calories = 180! Really? And its more of a one-bite brownie. Ugh.