What size are you aiming to wear?

Options
My goal is a comfortable size 2. Reason why. Plus size clothes are freakin expensive and hard to come by in my area. A size 2 jeans would cost like $10 to $15 where as I go to the plus size section the price is double to $20 or $30. Talk about fair treatment -.-. Smallers sizes are waaay cheaper and thats what my wallet likes...along with my health. So I bought a medium sized dress and size 2 pants that I plan on wearing. When I can fit those then I will be at my goal :D

Whats your goal size & why?

Replies

• Cheeky_and_Geeky
    Cheeky_and_Geeky Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    When I was 167 in July I wore a 15-11. Now I'm in a 9, which is nice. I'm only 5"1' so anything larger than a size 3 will be long on me. But realistically, I'd like to be a 7.
  • chris2267
    chris2267 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    That's a good question. I'm a 16/18 right now and shrinking but would love to walk in a store and wear a 10 but in a perfect world I would love to be back to a 5. I definitely agree with the price of plus size clothes. They also are ugly.
  • Ed98043
    Ed98043 Posts: 1,333 Member
    Options
    I'd be happy with a size 6. A size 4 would be even more super awesome, but I'll cross that bridge when I get to the 6's.

OP, there are a lot of sizes between a size 2 and "plus sizes" (plus size is generally considered to be a 16 and over for marketing purposes). At what size are you seeing a major difference in price for essentially the same garment? Could part of it be that very small sizes like 2's are the least in demand so they go on sale a lot?
  • ashandstuff
    ashandstuff Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    Back into a 6. I got all the way down to a size 4 at one point, but that was a very unhealthy weight for me. I’d rather be a six. :]
  • sarahg148
    sarahg148 Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    A loose size 8 in jeans would suit me just fine! Being 5'11'' I don't want to be too small. I'm a 10 right now...sometimes the 10 is a weeee bit too tight. So probably about 10-15 lbs to lose.
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    Between size 0-4 pants, I am in a size 4-8 right now!! :happy:

ETA: I'm 139.6 pounds right now, hoping to get to 110 pounds.
  • tavenne323
    tavenne323 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'10" and I think am a 16/18 right now. (210 lbs). I would love to be a 10/12. At least then I could go to stores and pick out clothes I like...not have to settle for the stuff that fits me! My biggest problem is length! A 34" inseam is not long enough. I need about a 35". Most women's clothes come standard with 32", where "long" is 34", and "petite" is 30".
  • Sherbog
    Sherbog Posts: 1,072 Member
    Options
    Over 60 pounds gone! Started wearing a size 22 pants. Currently most size 10's fit me although some are baggy and some tight. 5'7" tall and 150 pounds.

I do not want to go to a smaller size. At my age 63 on October 8th the weight loss made me look way older and more wrinkles. I have the flattest and most beautiful stomach though...go figure.

Boobs look like the sacks they came in. I was always flat chested and loved being so. Gained weight gained boobs and hated them. Now I could tuck the sacks into my waistline. GRRRR...it is not pretty.

I am a nudist so we are pretty comfortable in our skin. I have to remember that my heart cares less about what I look like and more about how hard it has to work to keep me going.

Best to you all from Oregon....GO DUCKS

Shirley
  • KateK8LoseW8
    KateK8LoseW8 Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    Size 2-4. I'm fitting into about half of my old size six clothes, and I still have 28 pounds to goal. I figure 2-4 is fairly realistic.
  • dynamitegalxo
    dynamitegalxo Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    I need to get back down to a 10/8 because I have almost $400 worth of jeans in my closet that are going to waste. A 6 isn't totally out of the question, but 8 is ideal for me.
  • jfauci
    jfauci Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    I'm a 2 or 4 depending on the brand. I started out at a 14, so I am thrilled. I'm 5' 7" and 125.
  • darkestdayz
    darkestdayz Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Size 7 again, about 35 more pounds for that to happen.
  • greenmonstergirl
    greenmonstergirl Posts: 619 Member
    Options
    Started in a 22, currently a comfortable 12 but some 10's fit (some days). I've never been below a 10 in my adult life so an 8 or a 6 would be awesome!
  • dettiot
    dettiot Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I've lost about thirty pounds so far, and today I was thrilled to get into size 10 dress pants, down from my tight 14s. I'd like to eventually get into a size 6, but for me it's more about the scale and the measurements, as well as how I feel. :-)
  • BNS90
    BNS90 Posts: 13
    Options
    I currently am a size 18. I have been a size 12 all my life until now. I would love to be a size 8. A size 8 just seems like a perfect healthy average size to me and i'd also like to get out of the double digits!
  • A UK size 10. I'm currently a 12 and at my heaviest, I was a size 18/20.
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    a mountain climbing harness in South America - as I dangle upside down taking pics of the people alllllllllllllllll the way down there - who look like ANTS!
  • Sashoi
    Sashoi Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Size 8/10 anything smaller I would look like a bobble head
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    sorry - i thought that just said WHAT are you aiming to wear - i dont know how harnesses are sized :-/
  • lupinibean
    Options
    An 8, because that is the size of most things in my closet I would like to wear again.