What would you buy if you were a millionaire?

Options

Replies

• Joannesmith2818
    Joannesmith2818 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    I would get a house and a slightly less crap car. Then I would take a year and go travelling....o and there this amazing coat I've always admired .... So I'd get that and a bunch of others clothes seing as I'm walking around in baggy clothes right now!
  • BeccaBollons
    BeccaBollons Posts: 652 Member
    Options
    exciting

Well a million isn't actually enough that you could waste any of it- if one were a multi-millionaire, one could consider throwing a bit down the drain. Like holidays and designer shoes, expensive gadgets that you don't need etc
  • lausa22
    lausa22 Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    liposuction haha
    And a house in bondi
  • redyfox
    Options
    Buy some land with a forest and invest.
  • Purplewaxhand
    Options
    Buy a house, take a course to become an Optician, put some of it in two high interest savings accounts (one for charity purposes), travel...

Edit: Buy and RV for my husband.
  • diodelcibo
    diodelcibo Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    I'd put money back into my community as I do now.
  • RebekahR84
    RebekahR84 Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    I would give to Shriners Children Hospitals (they gave me several free surgeries as a child) and St Judes. Then I also would open my own animal sanctuary. I would buy my mom a house and pay off my parent-in-laws' house. and put aside funds for my 4 god-daughters and 2 nephews for college. Then I would buy a nice house in the country and force my husband to quit his job because it's dangerous. :)

I love this sort of day-dreaming.
  • RebekahR84
    RebekahR84 Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    Half a million two dollar bills. Directly from the treasury website because they come in sheets and they are perforated. That way when I tip people ill take out this sheet and tear them off a piece. They will call the police/seceret service and many laughs will be had by all.

Hilarious!
  • finch_zero
    finch_zero Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    If I had the money, 3 - 17 year olds need funding.
    3 Master degrees to pay for £36,000 plus food and lodgings each.
    3 cars plus driving lessons.
    3 deposits for their own homes at the end.

Then the rest is mine for now.
  • mayaocean
    mayaocean Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    this

2012-Lamborghini-Aventador.jpg
  • alichristiana
    alichristiana Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I'd study architecture at uni and dedicate my time to repairing properties on the at risk register. :)
  • PrincessaApple
    Options
    Invest money for my siblings and my education and then go travel all around the world!
  • danofthedead1979
    danofthedead1979 Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    id spend it on booze and loose women, then probably squander the rest.....
  • suzyfj8
    suzyfj8 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Pay off my student loans, then take my family on a holiday, and buy a house.
  • ronit1601
    Options
    pay off my dad's loan,buy a house,would love to buy a studio where I can record my own rap songs and the rest of the money I'll donate to the poor kids for schoolin nd one more thing thats protein powders.
  • ziggiezambi
    Options
    I would buy a affordable home and live off the rest.
  • luciebam88
    Options
    Pay off our debts and my mums, help my husband get full custody of his kids, and then try and immigrate to America!
  • teagirlmedium
    teagirlmedium Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    Buy an apartment building so that I can make more money.
  • sarahthin
    sarahthin Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    It's nice dreaming,but as many have said a million doesn't go that far. No one said anything about taxes. I do like the notion of paying of bills and helping others. Mine would be paying off bills, getting an estate settled and being able to keep the property we are on for our kids. You see it's been in the family for 150 years. Of course we have a mother that needs taking care of and three kids and 7 grandchildren that could always use some help. That would probably eliminate all of it, after taxes
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,726 Member
    Options
    That's just enough or a 2 bedroom flat in central London. Sigh.