Final tuneup for my 5K

Options
2»

Replies

• cinandchris
    cinandchris Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Awesome job Banks !!!! :drinker: You'll be great on Saturday !!!
  • Healthier_Me
    Healthier_Me Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    Great job Mista!
    I'll be cheering you on from where ever I am... which will be @ the kitchen table since it's ealy in the A.M :wink:

Buena Suerte!:bigsmile:

~Joanna:flowerforyou:
  • banks1850
    banks1850 Posts: 3,475 Member
    Options
    Great job Mista!
    I'll be cheering you on from where ever I am... which will be @ the kitchen table since it's ealy in the A.M :wink:

Have no idea what that means (good something???) and I'm to lazy to google it. But I assume it's a happy thought so...Thanks Joanna!

:happy:
  • icandoit
    icandoit Posts: 4,163 Member
    Options
    Great job Mista!

Have no idea what that means (good something???) and I'm to lazy to google it. But I assume it's a happy thought so...Thanks Joanna!

I think it means godspeed??
  • Healthier_Me
    Healthier_Me Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    Great job Mista!

It means good luck :smile:
    Very welcome Mista :bigsmile:

• jvball21
    jvball21 Posts: 33
    Options
    Good luck Banks, don't run the day before the race and have a good carb meal the day before. I ran a 5k last week, but I'm not nearly as fast as you. I did it in 31 minutes. I probably could have run a little quicker but since it was my first race I just wanted to make sure I could complete it with out stopping so I paced myself. Butterflies are fine but you'll get over them after your first few steps, at least I did.
    Run like the wind!
  • banks1850
    banks1850 Posts: 3,475 Member
    Options
    Good luck Banks, don't run the day before the race and have a good carb meal the day before. I ran a 5k last week, but I'm not nearly as fast as you. I did it in 31 minutes. I probably could have run a little quicker but since it was my first race I just wanted to make sure I could complete it with out stopping so I paced myself. Butterflies are fine but you'll get over them after your first few steps, at least I did.
    Run like the wind!

Thanks jvball, I don't think I'm gonna carbo load before a 5K, not really that skinny yet. But I will be doing a very light run today, just enough to raise my metabolism a little. Nothing to stress my muscles. I learned the hard way, not to do a real workout the day before running hard! God I hope this is a flat course, cuz I have been training for it on hills, if it's flat I will have a ton more energy near the end.
  • kelpie06
    kelpie06 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Good luck banks! That time is great, I hope you meet your goal! Looking forward to your victory post on Monday :drinker:
  • sebmsu
    sebmsu Posts: 26
    Options
    I remember my first 5 K. I was one of the slowest person there and so nervous that I thought I was going to throw up but it was so worth it when it was over. Good luck!