number of calories a day

2»

Replies

• lucan07
    lucan07 Posts: 509

Man....someone seems mad. Or maybe just hungry. But I won't make that assumption. I will say this, you want to bash someone for criticizing your method and say to that shouldn't talk without knowing the details or that not everyone is the same, then you call people obnoxious and ignorant. Well done.

What you fail to see is that you are saying that you lost weight eating 1300 calories and that it ok for another adult male to do the same, yet you don't know anything about OP. Furthermore, 1300 calories for an adult male is a bad and dumb idea. There is no way to spare the loss of lbm. But then again we don't know what we are talking about and you lost some weight so you know best. Amirite????

What I do not fail to see is:

1) The 1300 calories is nett as prescribed by the site and the OP was 1500 nett calories as prescribed by the site, so if this site is giving such bad advice why are you here?

2) The OP put in his derails and got similar advice from the site as I did, as my consultant agreed with the 1300 nett calories I assumed that the advice given by the site is not a bad and dumb idea

3) Please advise the site that they are wrong to advise us to eat this way.

And no I do not think you Arerite???

If you hang around you will realize that the calories given by this site are usually low. The macronutrient breakdowns are also off. It's up to the individual to do his/her own numbers and adjust them accordingly. There is plenty of information in these forums on this subject which you can easily find on your own so I won't bother to dig it up for you.

Do a little more digging up and you will see why 1300 is not enough. There is no way you are hitting your fat or protein minimums. Do I need to explain to you on how to calculate those also?

No thanks I have a highly qualified Consultant MD and Dietician that advise me I neither asked for or wanted your advice. But again I ask what someone with your knowledge is doing on a site you believe to be giving dumb and bad advice to everyone.

Surely you should be writing a book and making money from your vastly superior knowledge, or even setting up a site that would give not so much dumb and bad advice!
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member

Man....someone seems mad. Or maybe just hungry. But I won't make that assumption. I will say this, you want to bash someone for criticizing your method and say to that shouldn't talk without knowing the details or that not everyone is the same, then you call people obnoxious and ignorant. Well done.

What you fail to see is that you are saying that you lost weight eating 1300 calories and that it ok for another adult male to do the same, yet you don't know anything about OP. Furthermore, 1300 calories for an adult male is a bad and dumb idea. There is no way to spare the loss of lbm. But then again we don't know what we are talking about and you lost some weight so you know best. Amirite????

What I do not fail to see is:

1) The 1300 calories is nett as prescribed by the site and the OP was 1500 nett calories as prescribed by the site, so if this site is giving such bad advice why are you here?

2) The OP put in his derails and got similar advice from the site as I did, as my consultant agreed with the 1300 nett calories I assumed that the advice given by the site is not a bad and dumb idea

3) Please advise the site that they are wrong to advise us to eat this way.

And no I do not think you Arerite???

If you hang around you will realize that the calories given by this site are usually low. The macronutrient breakdowns are also off. It's up to the individual to do his/her own numbers and adjust them accordingly. There is plenty of information in these forums on this subject which you can easily find on your own so I won't bother to dig it up for you.

Do a little more digging up and you will see why 1300 is not enough. There is no way you are hitting your fat or protein minimums. Do I need to explain to you on how to calculate those also?

No thanks I have a highly qualified Consultant MD and Dietician that advise me I neither asked for or wanted your advice. But again I ask what someone with your knowledge is doing on a site you believe to be giving dumb and bad advice to everyone.

Surely you should be writing a book and making money from your vastly superior knowledge, or even setting up a site that would give not so much dumb and bad advice!
    How is that at all relevant to the OP's question?

Hint: It isn't.