For me, *this* is why WEIGHTS over CARDIO is KEY!

Options

Replies

• mag131
    mag131 Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    And you still fit into the same bra even after losing that much weight? I hate you.

Just kidding..darn jealousy. ;)

You look great! Good job on all your hard work.
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,959 Member
    Options
    mag131 - I had zero boobs to begin with, so, yep, zero boobs also equals my ending point!

:laugh:
  • nay038
    nay038 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing this, I am definitely going to focus more on lifting, your results are amazing!
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    Here are the routines I followed, over the last 21 months, from start-to-finish:

1. NROL4Women
    2. NROL4Abs
    3. NROL4Life
    4. Venus Index
    5. Strong Curves + Venus Factor, switching on-off
    6. Venus Advanced Series
  • Fitwam
    Fitwam Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Oh heck yea!!
    BOOM!!!!!!!! with a BOOM YA!

Way to go Beeps! Such an inspiration to us all!
  • Bernadette60614
    Bernadette60614 Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    I do: free weights, cardio and yoga. Free weights for muscle building and strength, cardio for aerobic capacity and yoga for flexibility.

I don't think it has to be either or...different types of activity focus on different areas of fitness for me.
  • lhourin
    lhourin Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    You look fabulous, great job! We have similar stats (I'm 5'9", 40 years old) and yeah, cardio is way overrated. Granted, when I'm working in the gym (lifting, doing Bodyrock or ZWOW-ish workouts) my heartrate is generally higher than I would maintain for straight cardio, but there is no need to do purely cardio work that doesn't involve some sort of weight or jumps or other weight-bearing exercise. Our bodies are testament to that. In fact, I just shared an article recently about this issue (about how so many women basically harm their bodies and screw up their metabolism by doing ONLY steady-state cardio); check it out, it's great.
    http://articles.elitefts.com/training-articles/women-running-into-trouble/
  • Hildy_J
    Hildy_J Posts: 1,050 Member
    Options
    You got me feeling all inspired! Fantastic job.
  • vnatural
    Options
    Once I get into that 130 or 120 range then I will start using weights but for now its just going to be cardio for me. From my understand, cardio slims and tightens you up while lifting weights builds muscle and hides those carbs you eat easily.
  • bubaluboo
    bubaluboo Posts: 2,098 Member
    Options
    Thank you for posting! This is just what I need to read. I just started doing some weights when I got hit by a chest infection that has wiped me out. I am so keen to get back to the weights as the more I read, the more I know it's just right for me! You have done amazingly. Well done!
  • Cindyinpg
    Cindyinpg Posts: 3,902 Member
    Options
    Once I get into that 130 or 120 range then I will start using weights but for now its just going to be cardio for me. From my understand, cardio slims and tightens you up while lifting weights builds muscle and hides those carbs you eat easily.
    I'm sorry that I didn't start sooner. You don't need to worry about building muscles if you are on a calorie deficit. What you'll really be doing is maintaining the lean muscle you have, and it's never too soon for that.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,248 Member
    Options
    You look fan-freakin-tastic!!!!

Don't wait. Start now. Cardio isn't the devil... it helps create a calorie deficit, and makes you better at doing cardio (ie, you're not going to be a good runner unless you run), but it doesn't transform your body like lifting does. Lifting while you're losing just means you'll KEEP more of the muscle you already have.... which means you'll have fewer pounds to lose to reach your goal shape.
  • RuthRW
    RuthRW Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    You look amazing!!! What a fantastic success story, thank you for posting:-)
    This definitely gives me the push I needed to get serious about weights!
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    Thanks to all who have responded on this topic - I appreciate your support and remember that LIFE is a MARATHON, not a SPRINT, so pay attention to the "long game".

:smile:
  • Cindyinpg
    Cindyinpg Posts: 3,902 Member
    Options
    Thanks to all who have responded on this topic - I appreciate your support and remember that LIFE is a MARATHON, not a SPRINT, so pay attention to the "long game".

:smile:
    tumblr_mtsxy6YGTp1sj3oxho1_400.gif
  • mandyb2480
    mandyb2480 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Way to go lady!!! I am just getting myself back on the weight/strength training bandwagon myself and know it will make a huge difference in my progress...thanks for re-affirming my decision to pick up the weights again.
  • RM10003
    RM10003 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    Your recomposition is so amazing, Beeps! As a previous poster has said, the change in your hips/thighs alone should be enough to drive many women (including myself!) into the weight room. Seriously well done.
  • coffee4me57
    Options
    Wow, amazing and inspirational! Thanks for sharing.
  • vnatural
    Options
    You look fan-freakin-tastic!!!!

Don't wait. Start now. Cardio isn't the devil... it helps create a calorie deficit, and makes you better at doing cardio (ie, you're not going to be a good runner unless you run), but it doesn't transform your body like lifting does. Lifting while you're losing just means you'll KEEP more of the muscle you already have.... which means you'll have fewer pounds to lose to reach your goal shape.

Really well I might just start with dumbells then
  • funkim55
    funkim55 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!! You look great!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!