Starting a 40 Day Fast

Options
Hi Everyone, my name is Laura. I have been a member of this site for over 1 month. After a lot of research and careful consideration, I have decided to start 40 day fast for several reasons.

I have attempted to eat healthy / watch my calories, however I am only able to maintain my weight. Being that I am a part-time chef, it is difficult sometimes to cut down the amount of food I am eating, and drink water instead.

For years I have had a very toxic system. When I exercise, if I do too much, I feel very ill. Therefore exercising a lot to lose the weight is not going to happen for me at this point in time. The most I can do right now is 30 minutes 3 - 5 times per week.

Lastly, after years and years of eating and taking in toxins, I can sense that my body is tired and needs a break. For the past 2 weeks, I have felt nausea with headache all the time, except when I eat. Even so, an hour later it comes back.

I will be fasting by drinking only magnetically correct water with salt, apple cider vinegar, and lemon with cayenne pepper. My question(s) to all of you is this: Have any of you been on a fast ? If so, for how long ? What did you eat / drink during your fast ? What was your experience ? Thank you for your input.

Replies

• RonnieLodge
    RonnieLodge Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    Doing 'Master Cleanse' for 40 days :noway:

Doing it for 4 days. :noway: Water with salt, vinegar, lemon & pepper will have you feeling VERY ill within 48 hours.
  • soupandcookies
    soupandcookies Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Wow. I hope you live....

This is not safe at all..

What in the world makes you think your have a "toxic system?"

Are you doing this under the care of a doctor?

Good luck...
  • lynn1982
    lynn1982 Posts: 1,439 Member
    Options
    I hope this is a joke.
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,238 Member
    Options
    If you are having the symptoms you say you are having you don't need a fast, you need to see a doctor. I am all for intermittent fasting, but fasting does not "cleanse" your system. It is simply a way to limit calories.
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    You need to be supervised by a doctor

And I hope any doctor would talk you out of it. This is a very bad idea. If you want to fast try intermittent fasting, try 5:2 or 4:3 fasting ....but 40 days is not healthy.
  • spookiefox
    spookiefox Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone, my name is Laura. I have been a member of this site for over 1 month. After a lot of research and careful consideration, I have decided to start 40 day fast for several reasons.

I have attempted to eat healthy / watch my calories, however I am only able to maintain my weight. Being that I am a part-time chef, it is difficult sometimes to cut down the amount of food I am eating, and drink water instead.

For years I have had a very toxic system. When I exercise, if I do too much, I feel very ill. Therefore exercising a lot to lose the weight is not going to happen for me at this point in time. The most I can do right now is 30 minutes 3 - 5 times per week.

Lastly, after years and years of eating and taking in toxins, I can sense that my body is tired and needs a break. For the past 2 weeks, I have felt nausea with headache all the time, except when I eat. Even so, an hour later it comes back.

I will be fasting by drinking only magnetically correct water with salt, apple cider vinegar, and lemon with cayenne pepper. My question(s) to all of you is this: Have any of you been on a fast ? If so, for how long ? What did you eat / drink during your fast ? What was your experience ? Thank you for your input.

Cleanses are unnecessary. Your kidneys and liver remove toxins from your body--that's their job.

And it's simply unsafe to consume nothing but water ('magnetically correct water' is meaningless. Water is a polar molecule, and you can't change that.) with salt, cider vinegar and lemon with pepper for 40 days. This won't "give your body a break" it will put it under extreme stress.
  • spookiefox
    spookiefox Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    You know, it's the "magnetically correct water" that is a tip off that this is something you got from a nonsense website. LOL
  • tequila09
    tequila09 Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    That is completely unnecessary. Calculate your maintenance calories and subtract 10-20% depending on how much you need to lose. If you do the fast you will wreck your metabolism.
  • wild_wild_life
    wild_wild_life Posts: 1,334 Member
    Options
    Agree with the above. If you think you have a medical problem (nausea, exercise intolerance), you should see a doctor.

The best way to treat your body properly is to eat high quality, nutritious food, and enough of it. Please don't do this.
  • dbau311
    Options
    This sounds like a horrible idea
  • TruthSeeker777
    Options
    Thank you for you input Ronnie, let me know how your fast turns out. I first attempted it about 2 weeks ago when I began to feel sick, it made me very nauseous. This time, I'm going to ride it out.
  • KathleenMurry
    KathleenMurry Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    Your profile says you want to "Get in shape" and your inspirations are health and longevity. Welp, enjoy having the opposite. If by "in shape" you mean fit, which is what it generally means, you will need to EAT real FOOD and exercise a few times a week.

You will likely die if you try to complete this fast, so there goes health and longevity out the window. I hope you either smarten up and decide not to do this, or, if you're stuck being dumb, I hope your will power sucks and you give up as soon as possible.
  • Sandytoes71
    Sandytoes71 Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    Omg! For real? What has you believing that you are toxic?
  • TruthSeeker777
    Options
    Hi SoupandCookie, thank you for your concern. For about 15 years, I was on a lot of medication, haven't been on any for 5 years now but the damage is done. I also have several mercury amalgam fillings.

Yes, I am doing this under the care of several health consultants who helped me wean off the medication and lose 20 lbs. It is not their recommendation that I do the fast, however they are supportive of my decision.
  • manicmoriarty
    Options
    like everyone else has said, this isn't safe! and it won't work in the end.the amount of exercise you say you can do is absolutely enough! it's great! :) it's normal to get ill from overexercise, you have to build up your endurance and it doesn't feel nice sometimes! i've tried different types of fasting but honestly it's not the way.i never was able to lose weight permanently until i just chose to eat healthy and exercise for real, which everyone tells you.it sounds simple, but that's because there's another two important ingredients you need: self discipline and patience! those take the most effort and it's a process! your body cleanses itself, no magical diet will transform your life.just make healthy choices and know it'll suck sometimes, there's no quick fix, and all that 'cleansing' stuff is just a bunch of hippie psuedoscience.
  • jedgarner11
    jedgarner11 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    see you on the other side
  • 1PatientBear
    1PatientBear Posts: 2,089 Member
    Options
    Hi SoupandCookie, thank you for your concern. For about 15 years, I was on a lot of medication, haven't been on any for 5 years now but the damage is done. I also have several mercury amalgam fillings.

Yes, I am doing this under the care of several health consultants who helped me wean off the medication and lose 20 lbs. It is not their recommendation that I do the fast, however they are supportive of my decision.

Then you need new "health consultants." This is, without question, the dumbest thing I've ever heard. Your body needs food and there is no such thing as "magnetically correct water." Do some research, do some exercise and eat some food. Start with some bacon.
  • honeysprinkles
    honeysprinkles Posts: 1,757 Member
    Options
    Not a good idea, not effective for weight loss and bad for your overall health. Also against community guidelines, and I expect that this thread will be locked soon.
  • brraanndi
    brraanndi Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    If you want to work out more than 30 minutes then just break it up. Also a fast for how long? That sounds like a recipe for ending up in the hospital.

I assume any health consultants who are supporting this are not doctors or actual nutritionists.
  • lupinibean
    Options
    I wish we could post "real" links, but

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_7ZBGzaU588
This discussion has been closed.