Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Looking for women around 5' 4" that have had success

2»

Replies

• Crazy4Healthy
    Crazy4Healthy Posts: 626 Member
    I can't say enough about strength training, it has completely transformed my body (from 154 to 115 and size 5/6), I'm 5'3:". I've been weight training for 1.5 years, starting with New Rules for Lifting (awesome startup program), moved to StrongLifts and then developing my own programs. Just recently increased to a 4-day split and only do cardio 1-2 times a week (maybe 30 min).

I also feel cutting back on sugar made a world of difference in the belly area. Not so much the fruits, but processed sugars and artificial sweeteners.

Best of luck to ya.
  • MityMax96
    MityMax96 Posts: 5,778 Member

I also feel cutting back on sugar made a world of difference in the belly area. Not so much the fruits, but processed sugars and artificial sweeteners.

That is what will do it.
    Cut back on that and add in your veggies. Great things happen.
  • MityMax96
    MityMax96 Posts: 5,778 Member
    @Velvetvisions
    Looked at your pics.
    Awesome job.

Your before and after pic is amazing.
  • Pick up weights, put them down and repeat. The only reason and I mean only reason, I started losing belly weight and started toning was from strength training. I could run/walk outside/on a treadmill till my heart was content and I wasn't seeing a single bit of difference. As soon as I started lifting and throwing in a mixture of strength training, yoga and cardio, was the only time I finally saw a difference.
  • flanary888
    flanary888 Posts: 158 Member
    bump!
  • xapril77x
    xapril77x Posts: 248 Member
    Just downloaded new rules of lifting for women... I'm SO excited! Can't wait 2 start lifting! Thx every1!!! & 2 all u women lifters, you're too awesome! I hope 2 work my way up 2 being as bada** as all of u soon! =)
  • mantium999
    mantium999 Posts: 1,490 Member
    Yay for someone coming here for advice, getting really good responses, and actually following through and taking the good advice. You will do great!!!
  • beachgirl172723
    beachgirl172723 Posts: 151 Member
    Bump. Velvetvisions is amazing !!!
  • Adc7225
    Adc7225 Posts: 1,318 Member
    I do not have much of a stomach pouch and I do not really work on my abs, I have hip and thigh issues. I noticed my stomach distendeding when I started eating oatmeal, after eating it for two days I looked 4 months pregnant. Not the look I was going for, I would also eat a small amount in my yogurt because I hate yogurt and noticed the same issue though not a bad.

After disussing this with my doctor we came to the conclusion that I should refrain from eating oats, I do not know if you eat oats but that may be contributing to some of your pouch.

My sister-in-law discovered the same sort of issue after years of eating oatmeal every morning for breakfast and dealing with neverending stomach issues.

Note: I was never gassy or anything just round.
  • connie_messina
    connie_messina Posts: 495 Member
    bump
  • xapril77x
    Yay for someone coming here for advice, getting really good responses, and actually following through and taking the good advice. You will do great!!!

Got tons of good advice! Thx u! =)
  • xapril77x
    I do not have much of a stomach pouch and I do not really work on my abs, I have hip and thigh issues. I noticed my stomach distendeding when I started eating oatmeal, after eating it for two days I looked 4 months pregnant. Not the look I was going for, I would also eat a small amount in my yogurt because I hate yogurt and noticed the same issue though not a bad.

After disussing this with my doctor we came to the conclusion that I should refrain from eating oats, I do not know if you eat oats but that may be contributing to some of your pouch.

My sister-in-law discovered the same sort of issue after years of eating oatmeal every morning for breakfast and dealing with neverending stomach issues.

Note: I was never gassy or anything just round.

Hmmmmm... interesting! I don't eat much of just the plain oats but I think some of my protein or fiber bars have oats... I may have to see if there's a connection... Thx u!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!