George Foreman Grill, just hype?

Options
124»

Replies

• CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Options
    I cook everything except chicken (too dry) on mine. It does a great job with burgers, bacon, turkey burgers ( I put shredded zucchini in mine so they won't be dry), steaks, and fish (gets done very quickly) . I've even done grilled cheese, and other sandwiches, I love my Foreman grill!

I've been happier with the larger one I bought a few years ago because you can adjust the temps. The small one is really only good for burgers.

I think the majority of my grilling would be between chicken breasts, steaks and burgers. Since you guys all seem to have had bad experiences with chicken I guess I'll have to find another way to deal with that. Guess it really is still good for veggies, bit more exciting than simply steaming them.

Thank you all for the help, much appreciated.

I am alittle late to the party here but wanted to throw my 2 cents in...... I have no idea what people here are talking about with it not being good to cook chicken?? I have the 5 interchangeable plate george foreman (this is my second one cause I used the first one so much I wore it out) I eat a boat load of boneless chicken breast (16-20 oz. at a meal) now during the spring and summer I prefer my Genesis Weber Gas grill but fall and winter I use the Foreman everyday.... Set to medium high and cook the chicken breast 8 minutes and pull them off, has a perfect internal temperature of 170 degree's and the juices just run out of the chicken when I cut it open.. I cook Beef, Shrimp, Fish among other things on it and they all come out great.... So my vote is most definitely invest in one, in my opinion you won't regret it.... Best of Luck.....

Is this the model you've got?
    http://www.amazon.com/George-Foreman-GRP90WGR-Grilleration-Removable/dp/B000A7W4Z2

I see a few people say clean up is a pain but the interchangeable grill features here would seem to take care of that. Also great because I don't have to get a griddle either, just swap things out, that's a space saver I'm going to guess this is what they call the "premium" model.

Yep that is the one..... Yes the interchangeable grill plates are nice and easy to clean. We let them cool down while we eat and then run a sink of hot soap water and set the plates in there and let them soak for a few minutes and then wash them up. Do not use sos pads are anything other than a regular wash clothe and we have a soft scrub brush if need be... We talked about order another one of this model soon just to put on the shelf. Best of Luck
  • cmurphy252
    cmurphy252 Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    EdDavenport, I just want to say that your TOTAL weight loss is UNBELIEVABLE!!! GREAT job sir!!
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    When I was single I had a small GF grill and used it nearly every day. So quick and easy.
  • cb83580
    cb83580 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I use mine a lot! It's convenient and cooks quickly. Steaks, burgers, brats, chicken, fish, hashbrowns, etc. With chicken breasts, I pound them out so that they're a consistent thickness, usually 1/2 to 1 inch thick and they don't come out dry. They're only dry if you overcook them!

Cleanup is easy IF you let the messy grill cool, first. Plug it in and let it heat up for 30 seconds to a minute and the plates wipe right off with paper towels.