Replies

• michael1976_ca
    michael1976_ca Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    congratulations wow super sexy amazing job
  • pverdun
    pverdun Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    To read your story is nothing outside of amazing and encouraging to me. You have motivated me in a way that is truly humbling. Can you and I be friends on here? I could really use some motivations and help with my goals. I have been up and down, mostly up in the last 8 months. I just started 3 weeks ago to turn things around and think about my heart health and working out on a daily basis. It is hard but I am willing to put in the work. Thank you for your story and the motivation. You look great, not to mention the legs that I would love to have someday.
  • Lavinia2You
    Options
    Wow! Just...wow! Your pics are inspirational, but you know what? Your words are even moreso. It's easy to lose focus on the fact that it's really just time. Like I used to say when I was working on my teaching degree, and it was taking me longer than most, because I was raising my babies at the same time - "Time will pass no matter what. I can use it wisely or I can waste it." I have lost about 20lbs of the 70 I have to lose. I've been on the journey (this time...lol) for just two months. Ten months to lose 50lbs is totally doable. In fact, if I give it my all, as you did, I can probably lose most, if not all of the weight in 6 months or so. Anyway, thank you so much for your story. You inspire me! L

PS Yes, I did get that teaching degree. Graduated with a master's degree - it took me 7 years instead of 5, but who cares! I met my goal. And I'll meet this one too!
  • marjorianna
    marjorianna Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Amazing, I am inspired to work harder to lose my last 5 lbs. You look amazing and the legs....... Thank you so much for sharing you have reignited my fire. Thank you!
  • fedupfatty86
    fedupfatty86 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    What an inspiration!
  • tputsche
    Options
    That's so awesome! Doing for the l long haul is always so tough.:smile:
  • bubaluboo
    bubaluboo Posts: 2,098 Member
    Options
    Amazing!!! You look fabulous!
  • rosettafaery
    rosettafaery Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Fair play! :smile:
  • Mcgrawhaha
    Mcgrawhaha Posts: 1,596 Member
    Options
    wow, thanks for all the comments. to answer a few people...

i honestly just woke up on september 17 2012, and decided i had was done with being overweight, and that now i wanted to try skinny. ofcourse some things led up to this, for example, a couple months earlier, a boy was picking on my son, so i said something to him and his mother, and found out the next day that at school, the boy yelled across the room to my son, in front of all the other students, "atleast my moms not a fat b!tch..." it embarassed me, but even more so, made me sad for my son, because that must have embarassed him. i had also recenty seen one of the worse pictures ever (the one where i am holding my friends daughter, autumn who has mitochondria disease) and just seeing that picture of me so huge made me want to crawl into a dark hole and cry... i also grew out of all my size 18 jeans last summer, and had to buy my first size 20's... that sucked, it didnt feel good! and finally, my aunt and i got into an arguement about whether or not my other aunt should get weight loss surgery, she yelled at me, "your obese, and you will always be obese, because the women in our family cant lose weight without weight loss surgery, we have all tried, it doesnt work, our bodies dont work right..." and, that was like the final nail in the coffin for me. dont tell me i cant do something. dont tell me that i have to get some major risky surgery in order to be healthy, i can do it myself...

so, thats pretty much the events that led up to my final decision to lose the weight last summer...

it took me 11 months, and i lost 95 pounds. i went from a clothing size 20 to a comfy 6 / tight 4.

i work out 5 days a week, cardio and strength training... it urns out to be about 1.5 to 2 hours per day.

i used to only be able to run 20-30 seconds straight, now i can run 3 miles straight without stopping, in 30 minutes. i used to be pretty weak, now im alot stronger... i finally have confidence, i can finally change in front of my husband...

im teetering on maintenance and losing...

ive been maintaing for a couple months now, but i really would like to hit that 101 pound loss mark... i dont know, we will see... maintenance has not been hard at all, infact, i lost 5 pounds since maintenance began!

thanks again for all the very awesome and sweet comments, i really appreciate it! good luck to everyone...
  • petitewonder
    Options
    Hoy cow!!! You look amazing, thanks for the inspiration!
  • hilde4
    hilde4 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    wow wow wow!!!!
  • Iwishyouwell
    Iwishyouwell Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    and finally, my aunt and i got into an arguement about whether or not my other aunt should get weight loss surgery, she yelled at me, "your obese, and you will always be obese, because the women in our family cant lose weight without weight loss surgery, we have all tried, it doesnt work, our bodies dont work right...

I'm very curious as to how your aunt has responded to your dramatic weight loss!
  • Allterrain_Lady
    Allterrain_Lady Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    FYI, your legs are to die for!!!! Awesome job!
  • jazi719
    jazi719 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    You look so darn good!! Every year that goes by, I say to myself, "self, you could've lost 50lbs by now" Yet, I do it every year, start and stop, start and stop.

To have that determination is phenomenal. :flowerforyou:
  • jessalts
    jessalts Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    You're amazingly motivating. I put you on my "motivate me board", your picture and story. I can do 1 year too... I have always been overweight, even as a child. I dont know what sexy feels like, but im going too. That's very inspiring. Congrats and thank you for sharing. :)
  • getitamb
    getitamb Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    U look great!! What leg exercises do u do? For real!!
  • coexie
    coexie Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Congratulations :)