October 2013 Move Your *kitten* Challenge

Options

Replies

• sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,236 Member
    Options
    Well got some miles in today. I am content with the smaller amount of miles. Depressed today, was told I am wasting my time, all this riding I will never burn the fat off. And this coming from a close friend. Feeling like throwing in the towel. :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:

10/29 - 13.5 miles biking
    10/30 - 10.5 miles biking

Total: 314.0 miles

exercise.png

@ Anaconda - So what if you don't drop the fat? Is it depressing? Hell yes! But here is the true measure of success. Did you do better than you did last year? If the answer is yes, then you have become more fit and that is the real measure of health. We would all love to have a tight butt, six pack abs, and hair like brad pit. However, that's not reality. What we really need to ask ourselves is are we trying to lose weight to attract others or to be better? If the answer is to attract others, you're doing it for the wrong reason and it will never stay off. If you're trying to lose weight to be better, then weight is only one measure. Fat percentage, fitness level and cardiac output are much better measures than weight. How you measure fat makes a difference as well. Body calipers, tape test, water tank, electric current? You may be losing fat and building muscles and although it may not be as fast as your friend would like, it is likely occurring. I have over the last year lost four pounds and 4% body fat. Those two things don't go together. 4% body fat should have been about 20 pounds, but because I'm becoming more fit and building muscles, my weight is not dropping as fast as I would like. My performance on the bicycle has really improved but if I only looked at the scale, I would have given up. Look at all the aspects of fitness. I watch what you have done and I know that you are becoming more fit. That is the true measure of health. The more fit you are, the better your body performs. The more fit you are, the less your heart has to work. The more fit you are the less your abdominal organs are under stress. The changes will occur slowly and it's so easy to lose sight of our true goals but I see what you have done over the last couple of months and I'm impressed with all the effort and all the improvement, just in the last couple of months. Take a deep breath. Remember you are the only one has to live with yourself and remember that fitness is much better measured through measurable goals of fitness, not some arbitrary perception of a friend who thinks you'll never lose the fat. :happy: :happy:
  • animefan914
    animefan914 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    4.78miles today for a total of 175.73miles.
  • Jcsmith5210
    Jcsmith5210 Posts: 150 Member
    Options

exercise.png

Looking forward to tomorrow
  • belle_74
    belle_74 Posts: 934 Member
    Options
    ... hoping to get a few miles in today but here is my total to date for October ... hoping for a better November for sure.

exercise.png
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options
    Happy Halloween Everyone!!

exercise.png
  • rockann16
    rockann16 Posts: 885 Member
    Options
    Adding 8 miles...dang missed it again! Bring on November!

exercise.png
  • dellsordahl
    Options
    10/30- 5 miles. 182 done
  • spikesmom
    spikesmom Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    Done for the month! Woohoo! I think this may be my highest month ever!

exercise.png
  • Rief3
    Rief3 Posts: 420 Member
    Options

exercise.png

I do not know what is going on with me this month, just a running fool!!!
  • waltersro2012
    waltersro2012 Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    83.2 as of this morning - still have my afternoon walk :happy:

exercise.png
  • itsfruitcake
    itsfruitcake Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Oh whoops looks like I didn't actually post my last update. Here we go:
    02/10: 3.5 miles (running + walking)
    04/10: 4 miles (running + walking)
    08/10: 4 miles (running + walking)
    09/10: 3.5 miles (running + walking)
    22/10: 2 miles (walking)
    23/10: 2 miles (walking)
    24/10: 2 miles (walking)
    25/10: 1.5 miles (walking)
    27/10: 4 miles (running + walking)
    28/10: 1 mile (limping to the doctors... :D)
    30/10: 1.2 miles (walking)

Total: 28.7 miles
    Goal: 30 miles
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    Well got some miles in today. I am content with the smaller amount of miles. Depressed today, was told I am wasting my time, all this riding I will never burn the fat off. And this coming from a close friend. Feeling like throwing in the towel. :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:

ANACONDA469!!!!!! Don't tell me you believed them???? :brokenheart: That is SOOO UNBELIEVABLY UNTRUE!!! This person that said that has no idea what they are talking about! :cry: What is more likely true is that they are jealous that you're doing something good for yourself and they don't want to feel like a lazy *kitten* for NOT doing anything.....And rather than them getting off of their own *kitten*, it's easier for them if they get you to stop making them look bad.

YOU LISTEN TO ME. DON'T YOU DARE STOP NOW! YOU ARE DOING EXACTLY THE RIGHT THING!

SO mad right now that anyone would say that to you... :explode: :explode:

You stick with it, okay? :flowerforyou:

Dave

What he said x100!

The nerve of some people!!!
  • happylife2014
    happylife2014 Posts: 128 Member
    Options

exercise.png

I did it!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yay me!! 1st time ever doing a challenge like this and I passed my goal of 80 miles!! :)
  • Chevy_Quest
    Chevy_Quest Posts: 2,012 Member
    Options
    @Happylife - Congratulations

@Dave, @Bluiz, @Dinos - Thanks as always

Can't wait for november

Oct 31st - 1.8 mi

Total "October Miles: 142.4

exercise.png
  • speedyf
    speedyf Posts: 1,571 Member
    Options

ANACONDA469!!!!!! Don't tell me you believed them???? :brokenheart: That is SOOO UNBELIEVABLY UNTRUE!!! This person that said that has no idea what they are talking about! :cry: What is more likely true is that they are jealous that you're doing something good for yourself and they don't want to feel like a lazy *kitten* for NOT doing anything.....And rather than them getting off of their own *kitten*, it's easier for them if they get you to stop making them look bad.

YOU LISTEN TO ME. DON'T YOU DARE STOP NOW! YOU ARE DOING EXACTLY THE RIGHT THING!

SO mad right now that anyone would say that to you... :explode: :explode:

You stick with it, okay? :flowerforyou:

Dave

What he said x100!

The nerve of some people!!!

I totally third what Dave said!
    tumblr_mvjdsoQdGs1sr9vtpo1_250.jpgtumblr_mvje7exjC51sr9vtpo1_250.jpg
  • Chevy_Quest
    Chevy_Quest Posts: 2,012 Member
    Options
    +4 for me :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • DianneP6772
    DianneP6772 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Wow, best day yet weather wise! Sunny and about 73-75. Had to help Dave beat his all time month.
    October 31st - cycled 21.4 miles
    October miles - 446.8
    Goal - Smashed! (400)

Still some hours left - get out there and give Dave the miles!
  • clp212
    clp212 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    10/27 - 1.34
    10/28 - 1.44
    10/29 - 1.83
    10/30 - 1.86

exercise.png
  • happylife2014
    Options
    @Happylife - Congratulations

@Dave, @Bluiz, @Dinos - Thanks as always

Can't wait for november

Oct 31st - 1.8 mi

Total "October Miles: 142.4

Thank you Chevy! Awesome job for you too!! :)) I'll get to that much someday!! haha or close!

exercise.png
  • happylife2014
    Options
    Dave, let me know about the November challenge please! :happy: This is:bigsmile: addicting! Would love to set and reach another goal!!

Super great job to everyone!! Keep rockin it!!! :flowerforyou: :drinker: