October 2013 Move Your *kitten* Challenge

Options

Replies

• darkrider42
    darkrider42 Posts: 5,338 Member
    Options
    Thank you Dave. I needed that kick in the padded bike tights, It is a friend of mine who joined MFP. I am calmed down now. I will do my best tomorrow to help ALL OF US break the record.

Okay....I'm sorry if I overreacted....but I don't like anybody saying or doing things to my* friends that make them feel bad. That included you and everyone else here in this challenge. Aside from whether or not you ever lose one ounce of fat, I hope you're enjoying* the bike riding and all of the other health benefits that working out affords you. I'm going to see if I can find the link to an article I just read a day or two ago. I don't know how much you weigh or what your BMI is and I'm not asking and don't need to know, but in the article it said that even people who are classified as obese will GREATLY REDUCE the risks associated with heart disease by working out regularly.

And from personal experience, exercise acts as the best ever mood stabilizer and anti-depressant. When i miss working out for two days, on the third day, I'm a huge and complete mess.....crabby, inconsolable, very quick to snap, and the list goes on. I know I'm not the only one that feels like that.

I hope I didn't cause any problems between you and your friend, but I do stand by what I said that they're dead wrong. I hope that they use the resources available here to learn about exercise and healthy eating. Perhaps they didn't mean to be hurtful and didn't even realize how they made you feel, but hopefully they'll gain a little knowledge and insight here.

I found the link and I encourage you and anyone else reading this to check it out. It's from the magazine that my gym, Lifetime Fitness, publishes called 'Experience Life'. It's an excellent publication!

http://experiencelife.com/article/how-exercise-heals/

Dave
  • tam6van
    tam6van Posts: 1,089 Member
    Options
    2.1k walk and probably shouldn't have...but I so want to run again:sad:

exercise.png

I too will fall short due to knee injury. Hope to be back next month. Congrats to all who met or exceeded their goal!
  • teamAmelia
    teamAmelia Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    YOU LISTEN TO ME. DON'T YOU DARE STOP NOW! YOU ARE DOING EXACTLY THE RIGHT THING!
    Dave, will you stop using the bolded words? My attention went straight to that part and I thought that you were telling us that we couldn't quit bc you wanted us to reach the record. :laugh: I was probably just feeling guilty. I won't be able to do the 3 miles that I promised. I had to cancel today's workout and will have to cancel tomorrow's. Sorry.
  • WhataBroad
    WhataBroad Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options

exercise.png
  • clepant
    clepant Posts: 3,402 Member
    Options
    Oct. 30: 8 miles running and walking

TTD: 267 miles

exercise.png
  • darkrider42
    Options
    YOU LISTEN TO ME. DON'T YOU DARE STOP NOW! YOU ARE DOING EXACTLY THE RIGHT THING!
    Dave, will you stop using the bolded words? My attention went straight to that part and I thought that you were telling us that we couldn't quit bc you wanted us to reach the record. :laugh: I was probably just feeling guilty. I won't be able to do the 3 miles that I promised. I had to cancel today's workout and will have to cancel tomorrow's. Sorry.

OH WOW!!! :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh: Yeah, I'm turning into a sadistic slave driver cracking a whip now!! :wink: No. Don't worry. I'm not pulling that out right now. I'm saving that for tomorrow. :bigsmile: Naw, just kidding.

I just get protective of people that I care about.

Oh, and don't worry about not being able to get any more miles in. I know you would if you could. Hope everything is alright with you too.

Dave
  • darkrider42
    Options
    11.38 miles

total of 36.58 for the month

...and with this update, we have another member in the GOLD CLUB .....JAKKI1227!!!! Congrats!!

Dave
  • StefanieJo13point1goal
    Options
    So not going to make my decreased goal of 50 miles this month! I'm more disappointed in myself than you know!!!!! Looks like I will reach for 50 miles in November and this will be my goal until I smash it continuously!!!!!!

exercise.png
  • vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    Options
    Got in a 4 mile walk this evening!

!
    exercise.png
  • phytogurl
    phytogurl Posts: 671 Member
    Options
    I ran/walked 3.20 miles this evening, mtd 224.05
  • britfout
    britfout Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Ok just did 3.28 miles! Just gotta do 4 more tomorrow!

exercise.png
  • CeeCeeMee
    CeeCeeMee Posts: 356 Member
    Options

exercise.png
  • kawookie
    kawookie Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    October 29 - 7.8 miles (part elliptical and part walking)
    October 30 - 7.27 miles walking the neighborhood

Have we broken the record yet? :flowerforyou:

exercise.png
  • PinkNinjaLaura
    PinkNinjaLaura Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    Just over 10 miles today! Ran 2.75 and walked the rest.

exercise.png
  • PinkNinjaLaura
    PinkNinjaLaura Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    OH WOW!!! :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh: Yeah, I'm turning into a sadistic slave driver cracking a whip now!! :wink: No. Don't worry. I'm not pulling that out right now. I'm saving that for tomorrow. :bigsmile: Naw, just kidding.

I just get protective of people that I care about.

:heart: that about you Dave! Thanks for having everybody's back. We've got yours too!!!
  • christenafreda
    christenafreda Posts: 212 Member
    Options

exercise.png
  • taxmom9093
    taxmom9093 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    Dave, it looked like rain this morning so I picked up my van keys and headed to the door........and then I remembered that we were trying to break the record and I said I would help. :embarassed: So, I put the keys down, dug out my raincoat and walked the 2.5 miles to the office. :happy: Cloudy but nice enough. :happy: Then, when it was time to go home, it was raining. :angry: That cold, misty soaks through everything kind of rain.:angry: All 2.5 miles home. :frown: Had to walk some more when I got home just to warm back up. :frown:

So, I've added another 6.75 miles to the total. :drinker:

October total 158 Miles. (Really! :noway: )

exercise.png

@anaconda You need to know that, not only do we all support you here, you inspire alot of us to do more than we ever thought possible. :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: Moving more, whether by walking or running or biking or whatever else works for you WILL make you healthier. :flowerforyou: No one plan works for everyone on this journey and NO ONE can tell you that your way is wrong. :flowerforyou:
  • Calliope610
    Calliope610 Posts: 3,775 Member
    Options
    10/29 - AM walk - 1.90m
    10/29 - PM walk - 3.91m
    10/30 - no AM walk - raining, bah!
    10/30 - PM walk - 2.67m

exercise.png
  • cpanus
    cpanus Posts: 19,417 Member
    Options
    @anaconda...Listen to Dave and to you friends here. Jealousy changes folks, even close friends. You are doing great! Stick with it.

@Sufferlandria..Congratulations on making goal! Way to go!!

Walked 6.80 total miles today.

exercise.png

Chris
  • cpanus
    cpanus Posts: 19,417 Member
    Options
    @ Chris - Well, the dog lived but we had to take out the eye. He will be fine in a couple of weeks but he is adjusting to not having the eye for now. This is what happens when a small dog tries to steal the big dogs food.

Dean

Dean -- Glad you were able to save the pup. Sad that it happened. Thanks.

Chris