October 2013 Move Your *kitten* Challenge

Options

Replies

• teamAmelia
    teamAmelia Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    After thinking I was not going to make goal this month, and getting ready to give up.. Determination kicked in, I put on my Never Give Up shirt and hit the gym for spinning.. Goal is officially met !!!

22.3 miles done spinning

exercise.png
    :bigsmile:
    ONLY 827 MILES FROM BREAKING THE RECORD!!!
    I just saw this bold part and was like, "You have got to be kidding me. There's no way you're going to break your record in 2 days." :laugh: Okay, so you're talking about all of us. I'm in. I can only promise 2 miles, though.
  • taxmom9093
    taxmom9093 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    @k80flec Thanks for the confidence. I really didn't expect to make it til tomorrow but now I get more bonus miles.:bigsmile:

Look at everyone pushing to get those last few miles/kms . :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: YOU CAN DO IT. :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:

October total 151.25 miles :bigsmile: GOAL!!!!:bigsmile: Let the Happy Dance begin :bigsmile:

exercise.png
  • taxmom9093
    taxmom9093 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    ONLY 827 MILES FROM BREAKING THE RECORD!!!
    I just saw this bold part and was like, "You have got to be kidding me. There's no way you're going to break your record in 2 days." :laugh: Okay, so you're talking about all of us. I'm in. I can only promise 2 miles, though.
    [/quote]

Amelia I had to laugh when I saw your post :laugh: I don't think we expect anyone to take on this challenge alone.:laugh:

So Dave, I'm in too.:bigsmile: Not sure what you'll get from me in the next 3 days but even little bits add up. :drinker:
  • darkrider42
    darkrider42 Posts: 5,341 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty stoked...so I had a good continuous run (no walk breaks) just two days ago...3.7 miles in 52 minutes....well tonight, I blew that away. I ran (albeit on the gym treadmill....) but I ran for a FULL HOUR and 4.42 miles!!!! Just the 42 is highlighted cuz that number is kinda special to me....not sure why... :bigsmile: With the cooldown walk, it was a nice even 4.5 miles.

And the weirdest thing happened when I was done....I had the strongest craving for fried chicken and pancakes when I was done..... :laugh::laugh: Maybe if I ask really nicely, Speedy might make me some. :bigsmile:

Dave
    Darkrider42

exercise.png
  • darkrider42
    Options
    I have ridden more this month than I ever had. What happened to the October spreadsheet? When I click on it I get November.
    The October sheet is still there, you just might need to click on the "Oct" tab or link to switch it to the October page. I added the November one today just to get started getting it ready to go for Friday. But rest assured, I didn't do away with the October page....it's still there and I'm updating it right this second! :smile:

Dave
    Darkrider42
  • cpanus
    cpanus Posts: 19,437 Member
    Options
    @Dave ... we'll make it. :drinker:

@ Sufferlandria ... was the pup with the punctured eye okay? :flowerforyou:

walked 1.38 yesterday
    walked 6.28 today

exercise.png

Chris
  • sam_gamgee
    sam_gamgee Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Definitely not making the month's goal - oh well, I set it to be a challenge.

Oct 1: 11.0 km
    Oct 2: 5.9 km
    Oct 4: 6.3 km
    Oct 5: 11.0 km
    Oct 10: 9.0 km
    Oct 12: 8.7 km
    Oct 13: 7.0 km
    Oct 15: 11.7 km
    Oct 21: 4.1 km
    Oct 22: 7.5 km
    Oct 23: 7.5 km
    Oct 24: 7.3 km
    Oct 26: 10.6 km
    Oct 29: 7.5 km

Total: 115.1 km (71.52 miles)

exercise.png
  • darkrider42
    Options
    Wow, I cant believe how may threads have gone by since the last time I logged any miles :embarassed:

Even though there is no way for me to hit my goal this month I am going to try to finish strong and get back on track for next month. I need to work on being more consistent with this.
    Believe me, BECCAB1981, I know how tough it can be to get going sometimes, but one thing that has become crystal clear to me these last two months is that the more I move, the more I really, really, really, really WANT to move more! :smile: Now it literally PAINS me to take a complete rest day, whereas before, it pained me to get my lazy rear off the couch. It really is the Law of Inertia.....an object at rest tends to remain at rest and an object in motion tends to remain in motion unless acted upon by (an outside) force. Let this MYAC Challenge be your outside force. :smile: Try it for two weeks. Make a real effort to get a workout in 4 days a week over those two weeks....or every other day. See how you feel after you've done it a while.

And making GOAL in style with this update....JENNIFERTSMITH, LEAMBI, LORCART, LOVEMYALEX, WHATABROAD, RAASY and TAXMOM9093!!!!!!!!!
    smiley-happy085.gif

LEAMBI - Careful!!!:embarassed: Hope you didn't get hurt! With it getting dark earlier, it does get a little riskier running (and stuff) outdoors. That reminds me...I was going to try to locate a couple of my headlamps so I could run outside after I got off work (in the dark). Thanks for the reminder :smile:

CICI_O_K - Sorry about that...got it corrected! :smile:

DIANNEP6772 - No worries! You know I'm glad anytime you get any* exercise in and get that heartrate up! :flowerforyou:

LOVEMYALEX - I just want to say how incredible I think you are for putting in over 703 miles! That is so inspiring. :flowerforyou:

RAASY - So proud of you for not giving up and really kicking the afterburners in!!!! :drinker:

TEAMAMELIA - *giggles* I just* have to run to maybe Chicago from Minneapolis and back....you don't think I can do it?? :noway: You're absolutely right. :smile:

TAXMOM9093 - I *love* bonus miles!!!!! They're my absolute faaaaaaavorite! :love: Maybe I should set my goal next month at 10 so I can hit goal on the 3rd day and then the rest is gravy! :bigsmile:

Thrilled to see everyone doing so well making or working toward their goals!!!! And also super excited to see all of you that are going to help with shattering that monthly mileage record!!! After tonight's updates, we're only 513 miles away from breaking it now. :drinker:

=======================
    Spreadsheet updated to here.

To view (but not edit) the
    spreadsheet, copy the following
    address into your browser:

www.tinyurl.com/mgtpplu
    =======================

Dave
    Darkrider42
  • animefan914
    animefan914 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    5.41miles today for a total of 170.95miles.
  • Leanz
    Leanz Posts: 2,025 Member
    Options
    29 Oct 5.8 miles
    30 Oct 3.53 miles

MTD 173.02 miles

Off to Auckland tomorrow = marathon on Sunday!! Yikes my first:sick:
    Please put me down for 80 miles in November

Thank you for all the great work and encouragement!!
  • teamAmelia
    teamAmelia Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    29 Oct 5.8 miles
    30 Oct 3.53 miles

MTD 173.02 miles

Oh, wow! Good luck w your marathon! :bigsmile:
  • sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,244 Member
    Options
    OK. Second to last day but I did it. 34 more miles for 433 total for October.

exercise.png

@ Dave - There's another 34 miles for the 800+ we are short of the record. I'll try to get more in tomorrow so keep me posted on how close we are.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    29 Oct 5.8 miles
    30 Oct 3.53 miles

MTD 173.02 miles

@ Leanz - Wow! A marathon is impressive. To travel to Auckland would be really cool and to be able to run a marathon to boot would be really cool! Good luck and run smart. :drinker: :drinker:
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    @ Chris - Well, the dog lived but we had to take out the eye. He will be fine in a couple of weeks but he is adjusting to not having the eye for now. This is what happens when a small dog tries to steal the big dogs food.

Dean
  • Kaplat
    Kaplat Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Have a great day on Saturday and good luck Leanz! :smile:
  • Lovemyalex
    Lovemyalex Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    Wow, I cant believe how may threads have gone by since the last time I logged any miles :embarassed:

Even though there is no way for me to hit my goal this month I am going to try to finish strong and get back on track for next month. I need to work on being more consistent with this.
    Believe me, BECCAB1981, I know how tough it can be to get going sometimes, but one thing that has become crystal clear to me these last two months is that the more I move, the more I really, really, really, really WANT to move more! :smile: Now it literally PAINS me to take a complete rest day, whereas before, it pained me to get my lazy rear off the couch. It really is the Law of Inertia.....an object at rest tends to remain at rest and an object in motion tends to remain in motion unless acted upon by (an outside) force. Let this MYAC Challenge be your outside force. :smile: Try it for two weeks. Make a real effort to get a workout in 4 days a week over those two weeks....or every other day. See how you feel after you've done it a while.

And making GOAL in style with this update....JENNIFERTSMITH, LEAMBI, LORCART, LOVEMYALEX, WHATABROAD, RAASY and TAXMOM9093!!!!!!!!!
    smiley-happy085.gif

LEAMBI - Careful!!!:embarassed: Hope you didn't get hurt! With it getting dark earlier, it does get a little riskier running (and stuff) outdoors. That reminds me...I was going to try to locate a couple of my headlamps so I could run outside after I got off work (in the dark). Thanks for the reminder :smile:

CICI_O_K - Sorry about that...got it corrected! :smile:

DIANNEP6772 - No worries! You know I'm glad anytime you get any* exercise in and get that heartrate up! :flowerforyou:

LOVEMYALEX - I just want to say how incredible I think you are for putting in over 703 miles! That is so inspiring. :flowerforyou:

RAASY - So proud of you for not giving up and really kicking the afterburners in!!!! :drinker:

TEAMAMELIA - *giggles* I just* have to run to maybe Chicago from Minneapolis and back....you don't think I can do it?? :noway: You're absolutely right. :smile:

TAXMOM9093 - I *love* bonus miles!!!!! They're my absolute faaaaaaavorite! :love: Maybe I should set my goal next month at 10 so I can hit goal on the 3rd day and then the rest is gravy! :bigsmile:

Thrilled to see everyone doing so well making or working toward their goals!!!! And also super excited to see all of you that are going to help with shattering that monthly mileage record!!! After tonight's updates, we're only 513 miles away from breaking it now. :drinker:

=======================
    Spreadsheet updated to here.

To view (but not edit) the
    spreadsheet, copy the following
    address into your browser:

www.tinyurl.com/mgtpplu
    =======================

Dave
    Darkrider42

THANK YOU SO MUCH...for all you are doing...and thank you for your encouragement ....:happy:
  • Lisah8969
    Lisah8969 Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    @ Lisa - I think that's a great idea. :laugh: I should have thought of that back when I was running. :laugh:

By the way, What costume are you running in?

Snow White! I do a lot of Disney races and it always comes in handy for those.
  • Lisah8969
    Lisah8969 Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    @Speedyf - GREAT JOB! Congrats on your race! Did you ask the other guys who were doing their 4th Half in 5 weeks which one had the least hills so you could sign up for that one next time??? :smile:

@lisa
    :laugh: I thought about it, but this race is in my hometown, so I'll just stick to this one, and try to beat my own time next year. :tongue: There's about 6 races in a 20 miles radius from home from May to October, and all of them are very very hilly races, because that's the topography in Eastern Townships. So I'll just have to get use to it, :glasses: and I will get better each time (I hope! :ohwell: :laugh:)

I live in FL so there are pretty much no hills in any race I do here. I am thinking about doing the Hot Chocolate 15k in Ohio with friends next year, but am scared of what hills I will have to do in that!
  • Chevy_Quest
    Chevy_Quest Posts: 2,012 Member
    Options
    Oct 30 - 2.2 miles walking - getting over a cold, but starting to feel better

Total "October Miles: 140.6

exercise.png
  • stacysum
    Options
    5 mile hike Saturday, not giving up yet :cry:

exercise.png