October 2013 Move Your *kitten* Challenge

Options

Replies

• Libi_KK
    Libi_KK Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    I walked just under 2 miles and got another 10 miles in on my bike before I broke the seat!

Walking: 7.59 miles
    Biking: 30.00 miles

exercise.png
  • JennyKCarty
    JennyKCarty Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    10/1 - 6.2
    10/2 - 3.2
    10/3 -4.6
    10/4 - 3.3

exercise.png
  • aponi111
    Options
    7.6 miles of 75 done
  • sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,213 Member
    Options
    I walked just under 2 miles and got another 10 miles in on my bike before I broke the seat!
    ]

I watched a ride in Brussels where a guy broke his seat during the race. He road like that for about 10 miles before the support team could get him another bike. :tongue: :tongue: I feel for you on that one. Please tell me you were already on your way home when it broke.
  • sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,213 Member
    Options
    Only able to eek in 2.28 miles today. This weekend I will rise above. I'm not ready for the snow, but cross country skiing is another option. I'm sure it's as hard as it looks, but a beneficial workout.

@ Texerus - Once you get the hang of it, it's a big calorie burn but it's quite relaxing and peaceful when you get away from everything. I love the XC skiing. It just takes some practice. Skating is the new XC skiing that uses really short skis on a groomed trail. It's much faster so you get to cover more ground and it's pretty gentle on the joints. Actually they both are. I don't have skating skis yet but I'm going to have to break down and get some one of these years. I'll have to quit buying bicycle stuff first if I want to buy new skis. :laugh:
  • 87monkey
    87monkey Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Sounds like fun! :) 100 miles for me

blk-exercise.png
  • liesevanlingen
    liesevanlingen Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    And again:

exercise.png
  • Alairissa
    Alairissa Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Updated:

exercise.png
  • cpanus
    cpanus Posts: 19,326 Member
    Options
    Walked 2.15 today...a lazy day.

exercise.png

Chris
  • taxmom9093
    taxmom9093 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    So I really wanted to keep the couch company today but You all keep reminding me I need to move. :grumble:
    Nice walk through the neighborhood this afternoon.:happy: No snow (isn't that a four letter word?) here yet,:noway: but the leaves are turning and the mornings are getting a bit nippy. Pretty much my favorite weather.:happy:

4.5 miles today :bigsmile:
    October total: 26.25 miles stayin in the green :bigsmile:

exercise.png
  • LilMissTalyn
    LilMissTalyn Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    17.7/47/ October!

exercise.png
  • darkrider42
    darkrider42 Posts: 5,323 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: *******NEW PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT!!!!!****** :flowerforyou:

There seems to be some confusion surrounding the SPREADSHEET. Mostly by new people that joined later and have not gone back and read this thread's #1 post on Page 1 by BLUIZ13 (Denise). :bigsmile:

You as participants do not edit the spreadsheet to update your own numbers. You post your updates here either daily, or a couple times a week. The "Challenge Staff" (not to be confused with the "Challenged Staff") will monitor the messages here and update the spreadsheet for* you. That's what we get paid the *cough cough* big bucks for.

The reason I post the link to the spreadsheet....which can be view by typing or copy/pasting this link (www.tinyurl.com/mgtpplu)....is just for you to view how you're standing progress-wise for the month. Plus there are also tons of cool stats and purty graphs if you're the sort of person that likes to get their geek on. The 'Summary' tabbed page has a bunch* of cool stats. Just poke around and click on the various tabbed pages for fun.

Dave
    Darkrider42
    Very Challenged :ohwell:
  • darkrider42
    Options
    Thanks Dave for making sure I hadn't fallen off the face of the earth! :smile:

MTD: 23/150 miles (walking/running)

exercise.png

HEEEEY!!! Great to see you again, Laura!!! I'm glad you put that ticker in there cuz I made a typo entering your goal and was only going to make you run 15 miles this month!! :laugh::laugh:

Just saw you're a fellow Minnesoooootahn. I live not too far from MSP International Airport and the (in)famous Mall of America. I've been through your lovely town a few times in my travels over the years. A very pretty area. I bet it's especially gorgeous this time of year while the leaves are turning colors! I ought to head out on my motorcycle in the next week or two and take some of it in.
  • darkrider42
    Options
    So I really wanted to keep the couch company today but You all keep reminding me I need to move. :grumble:
    Nice walk through the neighborhood this afternoon.:happy: No snow (isn't that a four letter word?) here yet,:noway: but the leaves are turning and the mornings are getting a bit nippy. Pretty much my favorite weather.:happy:

4.5 miles today :bigsmile:
    October total: 26.25 miles stayin in the green :bigsmile:

@TAXMOM9093 - Ahhhhhh, those couches sure do have an exceptionally strong gravitational pull, don't they?!?!? :wink: I know mine sure as heck does!! But yes, now that Sufferlandrian let the cat out of the bag that I might have the resources to send some muscle in your general direction to roust you off the couch... :noway: I think it's a good thing you overcame that gravity. :bigsmile: Yes, I'm not ready to hear that four letter word starting with 'S' yet, but I think that this might also be my favorite season as well. I love the cooler, crisp temps both for sleeping with windows open and for exercising outdoors without experiencing spontaneous combustion from the heat.

@87MONKEY - Got you added and welcome!

Let's keep moving and keep those numbers rolling in!!!
    smiley-sport033.gif
    Dave
    Darkrider42

=======================
    Spreadsheet updated to here.

www.tinyurl.com/mgtpplu
    =======================
  • Jcsmith5210
    Jcsmith5210 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Nice walk 3 miles done
    exercise.png
  • sam_gamgee
    sam_gamgee Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Oct 1: 11.0 km
    Oct 2: 5.9 km
    Oct 4: 6.3 km
    Oct 5: 11.0 km

Total: 34.2 km (21.25 miles)

exercise.png
  • dinos
    dinos Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    I'm in the lime baby :bigsmile:

Oct 1 -- Speed walk 4.3
    Oct 2 -- Basketball 2.1
    Oct 3 -- Walk 1.5, Strength training 0
    Oct 5 -- Walk 2
    Oct 6 -- Cycling 12.3

exercise.png
  • texerus
    texerus Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    @ sufferlandria - Currently, I’m residing in the upper peninsula of Michigan right between Lake Superior and Lake Michigan until spring, and lake effect snow is prevalent for about 6 months. Luckily, we have many areas to go for any type of snow activities that are close for me. Thanks for the insight. It’s something I’ll definitely try.
  • speedyf
    speedyf Posts: 1,571 Member
    Options
    I'm in the lime baby :bigsmile:

Oct 1 -- Speed walk 4.3
    Oct 2 -- Basketball 2.1
    Oct 3 -- Walk 1.5, Strength training 0
    Oct 5 -- Walk 2
    Oct 6 -- Cycling 12.3

exercise.png

Yay DIIINNOOOOSSS!
    pompom09.gif
  • PinkNinjaLaura
    PinkNinjaLaura Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    Thanks Dave for making sure I hadn't fallen off the face of the earth! :smile:

MTD: 23/150 miles (walking/running)

exercise.png

HEEEEY!!! Great to see you again, Laura!!! I'm glad you put that ticker in there cuz I made a typo entering your goal and was only going to make you run 15 miles this month!! :laugh::laugh:

Just saw you're a fellow Minnesoooootahn. I live not too far from MSP International Airport and the (in)famous Mall of America. I've been through your lovely town a few times in my travels over the years. A very pretty area. I bet it's especially gorgeous this time of year while the leaves are turning colors! I ought to head out on my motorcycle in the next week or two and take some of it in.

A Minnesotan! It's very beautiful up here right now! My profile photo is pretty grainy (it's a cell phone shot of a frozen TV image) but if you check the background that was just last weekend. I used to live down in the TC metro area (Blaine, St. Louis Park, just out of downtown Mpls, New Brighton & finally Burnsville) but enjoy the quieter pace up here in the Northland. :smile: