October 2013 Move Your *kitten* Challenge

Options

Replies

• darkrider42
    darkrider42 Posts: 5,339 Member
    Options
    @ Dave - Dang Dave! You are on fire with your miles! :happy: :happy: :happy: Way to go! :drinker:
    Thanks Buddy! :):drinker:

Dave
  • darkrider42
    Options
    @SpeedyF - Totally DIG the gifs! :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:

@Chevy_Smart:
    It adds a little bit of life... :wink:
    and 2 or 3 more parts to the thread by the end of the month because of it.. Sorry @ss movers!! :blushing:

This Pontiac girl here would like to know what's behind that username of yours... if it's not a secret of course :smile:
    I don't care how many "Parts" we get up to! :drinker:

Whatever fires people up to move!!

dicdo.gif

Dave
  • OlyTriNoob
    Options
    10/1/2013 3.06
    10/2/2013 4.02
    10/3/2013 4.35
    10/4/2013 4.36
    10/5/2013 4.85
    10/6/2013 1.88

Total: 22.52
  • darkrider42
    Options
    =======================
    Spreadsheet updated to here.

www.tinyurl.com/mgtpplu
    =======================

@STACYSUM and @20EVER - Great, you're both on the board now!! :drinker:

@CHEVY_SMART - Cool picture collage! I love looking at the map tracks of my runs and bike rides too. Great sense of accomplishment. And you're doing great! :happy:

@CECI_O_K - Nice 50-miler last Saturday!! Hope it didn't take you long to get warmed back up after you got home!

@DJMICHEALS - That was such a thoughtful & sweet thing for you to do that with your friend. But I bet that because that's just how you are, you didn't even think twice about doing it. I know she not only appreciated the support but also your kindness and friendship. :heart:

@JENNYMCWB - Welcome! Got you added to the Challenge too! WIll shoot you some more info.

@SPEEDF - HOLY SCHNIKEES!! I hope you had a bucket of cold water handy after that to cool your shoes off!! :bigsmile: You sure are living up to your username!

@TEAMAMELIA - You're able to run after* you bike? And it feels good? My legs are too jelly to go very far after I ride. :laugh: But you are doing an AWESOME job so far this month!! Really cranking 'em out!

@BIZABETH25 - Welcome back!

@JTH11706 - *chuckles at the reason you walked to the store* and HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!! :bigsmile:

Excellent work everyone! Little by little we're getting everyone on the board! My goal with the Challenge is to move toward ZERO PARTICIPANTS WITH NO MILES/KMS REPORTED.

17eslw.jpg

Dave
    Darkrider42
  • butters1
    butters1 Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    10-1 Walk 2
    10-2 Run/walk intervals 3
    10-3 Bike 10.1
    10-4 Run/walk intervals 6
    10-7 Run/walk intervals 3

Total 24.1
  • christenafreda
    christenafreda Posts: 212 Member
    Options

exercise.png
  • leambi
    leambi Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    13 miles today.

exercise.png
  • dcmat
    dcmat Posts: 1,723 Member
    Options
    So, the days are getting much shorter and cooler, but will still push for the usual 1000 miles

01-10: 53.05 miles
    02-10: 51.05 miles
    03-10: 50.25 miles
    04-10: 53.03 miles
    05-10: 36.04 miles
    06-10: 48.55 miles
    07-10: 50.08 miles
    October miles: 341.98

YTD miles: 11986
  • sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,241 Member
    Options
    Well September was a bust....I didn't realize how much of a bust it really was 68 miles...

October. I am shooting for 75 miles.... it is getting cooler, and I seem to have more problems moving
    So far I have... 16 miles.....

Have a great day all....

@ Bizabeth - It's never a bust unless you just didn't get out at all. 68 miles is nothing to frown about. :happy: Even if you don't make 75, you got out and moved. That's the important part. :drinker: :drinker:
  • sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,241 Member
    Options
    Speed interval on the dreadmill before weight lifting session.
    Covered 2.8 miles in 18 minutes. I'm beat!
    tired-tired-weary-exhausted-smiley-emoticon-000749-large-gif.14250
    Here's my updated ticker.

exercise.png

@ Speedy - You did WHAT!!!! That's like over 10 MPH!! HOLY BUCKETS BATMAN!!! My hat is off to you. :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    @CECI_O_K - Nice 50-miler last Saturday!! Hope it didn't take you long to get warmed back up after you got home!

I sat in the car for 20 minutes with the heater on full blast waiting for my fingers and toes to thaw enough for me to drive!

:ohwell:

Here are my thoughts on the ride as posted to facebook:
    Today I rode my bicycle 50 miles in cold rain to support the American Diabetes Association. Every time I thought about quitting, I remembered my grandma, Birdie Osborn, walking up the hill to the SHSU Coliseum to watch me graduate from college, even though part of her foot had been amputated because of diabetes. If she could do that, I could do this!
  • lisasonntag1221
    Options
    October Week 1 - 7 miles
  • k80flec
    k80flec Posts: 1,623 Member
    Options
    There are so many inspiring stories, pictures and giffs in this thread.

I'm still not running as I'm resting the right calf in the hope that it heals - going to see a physio in about 10 days to try and work out why my right leg is ALWAYS the one that has injuries - am I doing something wrong? or is it just the way I'm made? Hopefully a clever solution can be found as I really love running - even though I came to it late and needed to lose a couple of pounds to do it!!

7th: 8.08m - 2.45m on the treadmill, 2.38m stroll to the post office (with a pit stop for coffee and a flapjack) and 3.25m after dinner stroll with my husband

Total: 45.62
    To go: 74.38
    Target: 120

exercise.png
  • bluiz13
    bluiz13 Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    9.34 miles at lunch...

50.69/200 complete...

updated to here....you guys are doing so awesome.....keep moving and sharing your experience...it just might push someone to move a little bit more....
  • tanyamac13
    tanyamac13 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hello! I would really love to join your challenge if I may? My goals is 150 miles and I have done 18.8 up to the 6th. On my way out the door to hopefully add another 5. Have to walk at the moment...have a wonky hamstring, but hoping to get back to running slowly soon!!
    Cheers,
    tmac13
  • linznzeusfitnfight
    Options
    yay i figured out how to reply!! haha. ok i walked 5 miles saturday and 2.5 friday, so far:

7.5 miles

goal 20 miles
  • tam6van
    tam6van Posts: 1,089 Member
    Options
    Close to 4k walk and 8k run ......into the wind:grumble: !

exercise.png
  • darkrider42
    Options
    Well September was a bust....I didn't realize how much of a bust it really was 68 miles...

October. I am shooting for 75 miles.... it is getting cooler, and I seem to have more problems moving
    So far I have... 16 miles.....

Have a great day all....

@ Bizabeth - It's never a bust unless you just didn't get out at all. 68 miles is nothing to frown about. :happy: Even if you don't make 75, you got out and moved. That's the important part. :drinker: :drinker:
    COULDN'T AGREE MORE!!! :happy:

Dave
  • mystic_elegance
    mystic_elegance Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    10/1- 30 Miles
    10/2- 30 Miles
    10/3- 30 Miles
    10/4- 32 Miles
    10/7- 30 Miles

Total= 152 Miles
    Goal= 550 Miles
  • anaconda469
    anaconda469 Posts: 3,463 Member
    Options
    Well the good old Oregon rain is going to start up again. Dry but very windy, got done in time for it to start raining.

10/01 - 8.0 miles biking
    10/02 - 8.0 miles biking
    10/03 - 10.0 miles biking
    10/04 - 12.5 miles biking
    10/05 - 10.5 miles biking
    10/06 - 11.5 miles biking
    10/07 - 9.5 miles biking

Total: 70.0 miles

exercise.png

exercise.png