October 2013 Move Your *kitten* Challenge

Options

Replies

• dinos
    dinos Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    @sufferlandrian: We're not finished yet. Here, I rode 10K, swam 600m and rode back another 13K. My own duathlon of sorts. It helped that there was an actual triathlon race taking place on the same roads and while I was on these roads I acted like I was competing in the race :embarassed: Nobody noticed, somebody even offered me a bottle of water at a water stop :bigsmile:

exercise.png
  • LadyPersia
    LadyPersia Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    77 miles completed so far. this has been a hectic month and I cant get the scale to move even though I am extremely active. Gotta watch my food intake.
  • darkrider42
    darkrider42 Posts: 5,341 Member
    Options
    I don't like to say this but because of an injury to my foot I don't think I will hit my running goal this month. I will be using my exercise bike but it's just not the same. :( Here is where I ended my running for October:
    @LITTLEWORM23 - Sorry to hear you hurt your foot....and I totally get that...but it's completely okay. The important thing is that you are strong and you're not going to let this set you back or keep you down. Right?? Be kind to yourself and grateful that there are other things you can do. :flowerforyou:

@DCMAT - Still utterly AHH-MAZING! :drinker:

@SPEEDF - Thanks! Love those motivational pics!! :heart:

@LAURA6887 - Have a great trip and see you when you get back!

@DINO - LOLOL!! And AWESOME day today! You've given me my challenge for the gym today too! :wink:

@LADYPERSIA - So nice to see you! I was getting worried about you no having heard from you yet. Glad you're still kicking it and kicking it good!! :flowerforyou:

=======================
    Spreadsheet updated to here.

www.tinyurl.com/mgtpplu
    =======================

Well folks.....I'm off to the gym now. I purposely took a much needed rest day on Friday but then yesterday I just didn't get it done :( so now I need to go put it into BEAST GEAR at the gym today. Wish me luck!!! :bigsmile:

Dave
    Darkrider42
  • darkrider42
    darkrider42 Posts: 5,341 Member
    Options
    Also....ONE MORE THING....it's the 20th today. Roughly 10 days left in the month, depending on what time zone and part of the globe you are currently in. If you're not one of those that has already made your goal and you're lagging behind a little or a lot, I think it's time to start the "PUSH FOR THE GOLD!!!"

Do your best to do whatever it takes to GET and/or STAY GREEN!!!

2el5v0l.jpg

Carve out the time whenever and however you can......just give your best. Show yourself* what you're capable of. I know you have it in you. :heart:

Dave
    Darkrider42
  • CeeCeeMee
    CeeCeeMee Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Well, as Darkrider42 pointed out, I have 10 more days. While I'm nowhere near where I thought I'd be, I do have a much better understanding of just how inactive I am in a month. If I decide to do this again next month I'll have a better idea of how much I'll need to push myself.

In fact, I believe it's time to go out for a walk with my husband now. We haven't taken a walk together in over a month. Time to correct that. :love:

exercise.png
  • christenafreda
    christenafreda Posts: 212 Member
    Options

exercise.png
  • reankanesmom
    reankanesmom Posts: 132 Member
    Options

exercise.png

3.33 miles going to try to do two more tonight if possible :)
  • JTH11706
    JTH11706 Posts: 2,947 Member
    Options
    @sufferlandrian: We're not finished yet. Here, I rode 10K, swam 600m and rode back another 13K. My own duathlon of sorts. It helped that there was an actual triathlon race taking place on the same roads and while I was on these roads I acted like I was competing in the race :embarassed: Nobody noticed, somebody even offered me a bottle of water at a water stop :bigsmile:

exercise.png

I thought you guys were dead and here you are back alive LOL! I did 3 more miles this afternoon. Shall we all hold hands virtually as we cross the finish line this week?

exercise.png
  • Leeann1979
    Leeann1979 Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    3.47 mile walk/jog today!

exercise.png
  • kakiem
    kakiem Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Only 4 miles done over the whole weekend. What a let down!

Will have to get the cross-trainer out tomorrow and Tuesday. Parents arrive for a visit on Wednesday for a week so won't be able to do much in the evenings :-(

exercise.png
  • maasmom2
    maasmom2 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Miles to date in October

10/01 – 6.12 Bike
    10/02 - 6.20 Bike
    10/03 – 4.14 Walk
    10/04 – 8.66 Bike
    10/05 – 4.56 Walk
    10/06 – 2.86 Walk
    10/07 – 9.06 Bike
    10/08 – 4.12 walk
    10/09 – 3.27 Walk
    10/10 – 3.85 Walk
    10/11 – 2.57 Walk Run
    10/12 – 26.92 Bike
    10/13 - to sore from previous day lol
    10/14 – 7.34 Walk
    10/15 – 5.87 Hike
    10/16 – 4.39 Walk
    10/17 – 3.73 Walk
    10/18 – 2.50 Walk/Run
    10/19 – 0.00 rest day
    10/20 – 10.88 Bike

I know I missed a lot of people you are all doing so good keep up the hard work..

I HAVE A QUESTION I TOOK ME A LONG TIME TO FIND THIS POST CAN ANYONE TELL ME WHY?

****Thanks Dave and good job on the 5k without stopping I am not and don’t think I will every enjoy running but I would like to one day do a 5k without stopping
    ***Denise have fun at Disney so do you live In California?
    ***runthistown00 I am new to this group also 1 week I need some serious work out buddies to help keep me on track.
    ***DCMAT wow 1000 miles is a nice goal good job
    ***kawookie good job on the workout
    ****k80flec Nice photos
    ***clepant good job on the workouts I am new to the group good job on the 85 pound loss
    ***bunnybutler29 sorry to hear about you tooth pain
    :flowerforyou:
  • Bubbl3s25
    Bubbl3s25 Posts: 210
    Options
    A very hot weekend hiking in the Barossa
    19/20 October - 41km
    Total walked to date - 193.20

exercise.png
  • speedyf
    speedyf Posts: 1,571 Member
    Options
    OYE! OYE! MESSAGE TO ALL @SS MOVERS!!!!!!

Well, I haven't run over the weekend (I never do), so I am not here to update my running miles, but I just wanted to thank YOU guys! :flowerforyou: :blushing: :flowerforyou:
    My first half ever is in 7 days. I ran my first 5k ever back in April, a Spartan Race in May, already registered for the 2014 Spartan Race in my area next May. I haven't run 13.1 miles in a while, even though I did run it in the past. I soooooo don't feel ready for this! :sick: :sick: I just want to cross that finish line, and don't really care about the time (yeah, right, that's why I told myself that finishing within 2h30m would be great!!! :blushing: :huh: ).

So anyway, I tried to run as much as I could everyday, especially in the last two months, and whatever the results, I just wanted to thank you guys for all the support, and kick @ssing (not really a word, but today it is), and encouragement :love: . All of you @ss Movers made a big difference for kicking my b"tt this month, and I just wanted to thank you all. You guys are great, and I just hope that you'll all be back next month!

:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
    tumblr_mejpu0bPZE1rqfhi2o1_400.gif

Tomorrow, my goal is 9 mile run. We'll see how it goes. :tongue:
  • OlyTriNoob
    Options
    10/19/13 2
    10/20/13 13.1

Total: 104.3
  • bunnybutler29
    Options

exercise.png

Well I didn't get to try my 20 mile goal the other day, but I tried today and I also went over by a mile. So 21 miles added today. Time to do a dance...wait maybe when I feel my legs again later:laugh:
  • Raasy
    Raasy Posts: 972 Member
    Options
    Ran a breast cancer 5k today.. Got in a total of 3.16 miles recorded, but probably another 2 (that I am not counting since not recorded) just walking to and from the car..

exercise.png
  • future_rockstar
    future_rockstar Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    Today I ran my first ever half marathon. Between that and a couple of miles walked today, along with previous workouts, I'm at 98.9/150. A ways to go, but I'm determined.
  • Raasy
    Raasy Posts: 972 Member
    Options
    OYE! OYE! MESSAGE TO ALL @SS MOVERS!!!!!!

Well, I haven't run over the weekend (I never do), so I am not here to update my running miles, but I just wanted to thank YOU guys! :flowerforyou: :blushing: :flowerforyou:
    My first half ever is in 7 days. I ran my first 5k ever back in April, a Spartan Race in May, already registered for the 2014 Spartan Race in my area next May. I haven't run 13.1 miles in a while, even though I did run it in the past. I soooooo don't feel ready for this! :sick: :sick: I just want to cross that finish line, and don't really care about the time (yeah, right, that's why I told myself that finishing within 2h30m would be great!!! :blushing: :huh: ).

So anyway, I tried to run as much as I could everyday, especially in the last two months, and whatever the results, I just wanted to thank you guys for all the support, and kick @ssing (not really a word, but today it is), and encouragement :love: . All of you @ss Movers made a big difference for kicking my b"tt this month, and I just wanted to thank you all. You guys are great, and I just hope that you'll all be back next month!

:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
    tumblr_mejpu0bPZE1rqfhi2o1_400.gif

Tomorrow, my goal is 9 mile run. We'll see how it goes. :tongue:

Speedyf - I wish you all the luck on your Half Marathon!! I just did my very first one on 10/13 and it was amazing to cross that finish line. I was not looking to PR so I went into it with that thought. And I ended up with some major dehydration issues and knee issues.So I walked pretty much the whole thing, Ran the first 4.5 and then intervals later.. But I finished and that was my only goal for the first one.
    Next one is in February. GOOD LUCK TO YOU !!
  • dellsordahl
    Options
    10/19- 5 miles.
    10/20- 7.5 miles. 120.5 done
  • Chevy_Quest
    Chevy_Quest Posts: 2,012 Member
    Options
    @ Dave/Darkrider - Great motivational words
    @Dinos - Hilarious about the nobody offering you water!
    @Speedy - your enthusiasm is just awesome!

October 20th- Stationary bike - 4.8 miles while watching Panthers play St. Louis - Steve Smith is an animal!

Total Miles for October: 94.2 miles

exercise.png