How does everyone account for drinking alcohol

Options

Replies

• QuincyChick
    QuincyChick Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    I log booze just like I log everything else.

<3 wine.
  • thatonegirlwiththestuff
    Options
    I never really drink. Though I had a girl's ''happy hour'' Saturday, which started at 4, and I didn't make it home until 2 AM. Essentially, it was close to 10 hours of drinking. Probably consumed well over 2,000 empty calories. My liver and my jeans are not happy about it.
    I'd say as long as its in moderation and fits in with your calorie goals, it's perfectly fine.
  • redyfox
    Options
    Best to quit
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    this is exactly what I am trying to find out for certain also. Does it slow your metab...and if so how much??

No it doesn't.
  • AndiGirl70
    AndiGirl70 Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    I'm more of a social drinker. Although with my 4 kids one would think I'd own my own vineyard! I drink but I'll try to cheat the calorie counts by having a gin and diet tonic or turning my wine in to a spritzer by adding diet 7Up or vodka and diet cranberrry juice. But sometimes you just have to tie one on, take 2 ibuprofen and forget about it.
  • harleygroomer
    harleygroomer Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    If you do it then DO IT!!! You are suppose to treat yourself occasionally.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    Best to quit

Umm... no.
  • lporter229
    lporter229 Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options
    Alcohol is made of water. Water is 0 calories. Ergo, alcohol is 0 calories.

Er??
  • MercenaryNoetic26
    MercenaryNoetic26 Posts: 2,747 Member
    Options
    I just discovered the awesomeness of Revolution IPA's! :drinker:

I'll make those suckas fit my macros! :glasses:
  • jaycbrf4
    Options
    Bacardi and Diet Pepsi! Zero carbs and Zero calories!

I used to drink Budweiser every night, but the carbs are too high. So now only once in a while.
  • blondiebabe92
    blondiebabe92 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I eat a small breakfast and lunch. A little bit heavier dinner and save calories plus get a good workout. I drink a lot on the few occasions I go out. I also make sure I work out leading up to it, I am trying to have large deficits leading up to it.
  • leannems
    leannems Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    Just log it. If it fits, drink it.

I will say that I prefer eating to drinking though, so I tend to drink less. Pumpkin beer season has been difficult, but I find that if I stick with one or two craft beers, I can usually make it fit.

I used to swear by vodka sodas (pretty low in calories - usually between 75-150 depending on how the bartender pours), but since they're tasteless, I would drink them faster, end up drunk, and then eat. So I'd go over my calories not only in alcohol, but in snacks too.

Beer has worked better for me, but to each her own. I guess I'd rather enjoy one or two good craft beers than a bunch of vodka sodas.
  • TheVimFuego
    TheVimFuego Posts: 2,412 Member
    Options
    I've never logged it, I don't log exercise either.

I figure they cancel each other out.

Mental, I know, working OK though.

Jeez I look awesome. ;)
  • brraanndi
    brraanndi Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Yep - Something mixed with Diet something is the way I go now.

If I'm at home, I'd prefer to drink one of those huge Chimays ( 750 ml ) I'm guessing it's like 600 calories and I never finish it.
  • michybeans
    Options
    Just drink until you forget, that way there's nothing to remember.

Yep, pretty much.

I try to budget for it in my calories but who knows... I don't drink that much, maybe 1 or 2 nights per month, so I don't worry about it too much. Hasn't seemed to slow down my progress, moving along slow and steady just like I planned.
  • SummerLovesPhil
    SummerLovesPhil Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Bacardi and Diet Pepsi! Zero carbs and Zero calories!

Uhh...a shot of Bacardi has 110 calories, just like any other hard alcohol. Just sayin.
  • prat27
    Options
    no kidding I was like huh???? zero calories....I would drink that **** all day long!
  • SummerLovesPhil
    Options
    I love that there are so many female craft beer lovers on this board! I haven't been able to find any nutritional info on the high-alcohol beers like Chimay, so anything above 10% ABV gets logged as table wine. Anything smaller gets logged as "regular beer" at 150 calories per 12 fl oz.

I don't think alcohol slows your metabolism to any great extent until you start drinking like a fish. If you're just hitting happy hour occasionally, then I wouldn't worry about it.
  • SummerLovesPhil
    Options
    no kidding I was like huh???? zero calories....I would drink that **** all day long!

RIGHT?? But then we're right back to the "drinking like a fish" thing.
  • nlsp
    nlsp Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Every other Sunday night we have our bowling league. I usually have 5 or 6 beers I add them in first thing in the morning. I do a longer cardio to make it fit in with my goals. Good Luck!!