Friends needed... diet and no *kitten* starting TODAY!!

Options

Replies

• 4homer
    4homer Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    no *kitten*....well I guess we cant be friends :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: (btw i know what you mean)
  • Lois_1989
    Lois_1989 Posts: 6,406 Member
    Options
    By any chance are you partaking in Stoptober?

I have as well, I'm just going for the 'I'm going to balance snacking with exercise, and if I happen to loose weight it's a bonus' I feel quitting is more important than LOOSING weight, at the moment. As long as I don't gain for a month I'll be happy. :)

I have also downloaded the NHS 'Couch to 25K' podcast and when the cravings got too much I went for a walk/jog. Not only do you feel the cravings go, you find a few good reasons why you quit e.g getting breathless quickly, stitches and it helped me resist for day one!
  • eazy_
    eazy_ Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    Haha in know right? At first I was like wait,
    What?....ooooh gotcha
  • thesifter
    thesifter Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Extra points for your post title! Well done! You should be in advertising.
  • Lrdoflamancha
    Lrdoflamancha Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    I started here in Sept 2012.... I waited about 6 weeks before I quit smoking. I think it helps to get in the habit of logging prior to stopping "*kitten*".
  • SpeSHul_SnoflEHk
    SpeSHul_SnoflEHk Posts: 6,256 Member
    Options
    Quitting is possible. Fill your time with other things that are healtier habits.
  • squidinkpen
    Options
    I am quitting too. I have so many bad habits to break, and can't wait to feel good about myself again. Friends needed please!
  • lfhibiz
    lfhibiz Posts: 12
    Options
    Quitting smoking is a *****...When I go out with friends I find myself still eyeballing people holding cigarrettes...thinking to myself, self? you wanna puff of that don't you?
  • vegansian
    Options
    Hi, anyone else out there giving up smoking on the same day as starting diet? helllpppp!! lol x
    Yessss me, started today! :D Well not a diet, a lifestyle change :) Stay strong and remember why you're doing it in the first place and most importantly keep smiling! :)
  • wannabpiper
    wannabpiper Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    According to our family doctor, a true "craving" will last 10 minutes, so if you can get busy doing something else whenever you want a cig, after ten minutes you should be able to relax till the next craving. Good luck!
  • 0somuchbetter0
    0somuchbetter0 Posts: 1,335 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on quitting smoking! A small and silly tip that helped me immensely: cut a plastic drinking straw down to the size of a cigarette. When the urge strikes, hold it like a smoke, "puff" on it, flick the "ashes," etc. People will think you're insane, but it really does help!
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    glad you quit smoking...but I want this in my feed for all the "*kitten*" rage....

since most will assume you are gay bashing.
    Not we Anglophiles!
  • Sheers1964
    Sheers1964 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I don't smoke, but I'm trying to give up Coca-Cola - may I join you anyway?

:smile:
  • Blacklance36
    Blacklance36 Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    I gave up *kitten* the day I was born....not like there is anything wrong with them....LOL
  • GEwink
    GEwink Posts: 1
    Options
    Just joined! I need friends to keep me motivated! Add Me! Dankè
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options
    start by trying e-cigarettes. At least you're not getting the other harmful substances that way.

Oh. And your thread title? Yea. I'm waiting for someone to not actually read your OP.
  • girlinahat
    girlinahat Posts: 2,956 Member
    Options
    glad you quit smoking...but I want this in my feed for all the "*kitten*" rage....

Not we Anglophiles!

Quite. The expression 'can I bum (or sometimes 'scab') a *kitten*?' is fairly common round these parts,
  • TwinkieDong
    TwinkieDong Posts: 1,564 Member
    Options
    oh dear.. that subject line -while I know what you mean- is gonna draw some commentary..

that is the best part of this thread! lol
  • TwinkieDong
    TwinkieDong Posts: 1,564 Member
    Options

why would anyone bash on being gay? That just means happy.....