Friends needed... diet and no *kitten* starting TODAY!!

Options

Replies

• BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    I tried to quit cold turkey once and it was terrible! I wasn't prepared and craved them all the time. They say it's just a fidgety thing and that people just want something in their mouth to play with, but I think that's bollocks.

I even tried a faith-based camp that promised to help me change my lifestyle, but nothing seems to work. I just hunger desperately for a *kitten*, all the time.

:laugh:

A life without *kitten* is a life not worth living....oh, you meant cigarettes.

:drinker: :flowerforyou:
  • Dauntlessness
    Dauntlessness Posts: 1,489 Member
    Options
    I quit smoking 5-6 years ago but it was the hardest but BEST thing I ever did for my health. I'm not saying that someone cant get fit while smoking but it would have held me back big time. Breath control is HUGE when it comes to cardio and circuit training. If you can manage your breathing, the possibilities are endless. Cigarettes wont let you do that.

You CAN do this. Its worth it. The cravings will go away and eventually, if your like me, you wont be able to even stand the smell of them after time passes. I literally cant be around anyone who smokes or be in a room where smoking has occurred. I literally cant breath and I feel like the smell clings to my clothes and hair.

It will get better. If you have to, chew a pack of gum a day along with the occasional nicotine gum in the cheek(for the first week to get passed the major cravings) and the patch, do it. I know that sounds like a lot but I was smoking 2 packs a day and it worked for me.

Last thing, the statement that I said to myself that helped me during stressful times is " A cigarette is not going to take this problem away, it will still be there after I finished and it serves no purpose".

Oh and the mindset that "smoking is uncool these days" is a big one too. If I feel like others think its icky, it made me want to change even more. haha
  • YouMadBro8281
    Options
    What happened to equality ? :ohwell: I am not of the *kitten* but you know what I mean. don't you?
  • ZealousMissJJ
    ZealousMissJJ Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    LOL @ the use of the word '*kitten*'

But seriousely, quit smoking. My mom passed away of lungcancer 5 months ago today. She smoked about a pack a day. On her deathbed she told me "If only I had known..."

Trust me when I say the satisfaction is not worth the concequenses... You have no idea what cancer does to your body, to your quality of life, to your friends and family. NOT worth it.

:flowerforyou: Good for you for quitting!
  • KentWhiteRabbit
    KentWhiteRabbit Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Lol...you American's think you invented the language :tongue:

I doubt the OP thought twice about saying *kitten* as it's what cigarettes are commonly called here.

On the other hand when in the Caribbean recently my husband was asked by a fit young woman if he wanted a fanny pack - que uncontrollable laughter! Divided by a common language!
  • spade117
    spade117 Posts: 2,466 Member
    Options
    Quit cold turkey a few times.

So really...only once?
  • VoodooAborisha
    VoodooAborisha Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    If you can get through the 3rd day, it only gets easier from there. Not easy, but easi-ER. Really.

And create a new, positive addiction in the place of it. Like somebody said, every time you need a smoke, go do some push ups instead. Or have sex. Or drink some green tea.
  • JustJess_01
    Options
    Good Day,

I actually just started quit smoking in addition to increasing my goal for weight loss. You can do it!!
  • GardenGirlie
    GardenGirlie Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    I started smoking at 13. I quit at 39. Honestly and steadily I smoked over 2 packs a day for years. I quit cold turkey. It is a real drag (pun intended) at first but now that I am coming up on my 10 year anniversary of being smoke free it is by far the very best thing I have ever done for myself. Losing this weight will also be huge (another pun intended), but will always come in 2nd place to quitting smoking.

It can be done. You can do it. You will not regret it!!!
  • Camera_BagintheUK
    Camera_BagintheUK Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    yeah.... I dropped my fagott back in 1996

Well pick it up, wipe the fluff and dust off it, get some more gravy and eat it properly, stop playing with your food!

*kitten*_zps11a3052a.jpg
  • bellesouth18
    bellesouth18 Posts: 1,070 Member
    Options
    yeah.... I dropped my fagott back in 1996

Well pick it up, wipe the fluff and dust off it, get some more gravy and eat it properly, stop playing with your food!

*kitten*_zps11a3052a.jpg

Learn something new every day! I'll have to look these up!

Good luck OP on your life style quest!
  • karl39x
    karl39x Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    I hate sucking on *kitten*, they leave a bad taste in your mouth and give you bad breath; I always feel like I have to rinse my mouth afterwards.
  • Kabiti
    Kabiti Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    no *kitten*....well I guess we cant be friends :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: (btw i know what you mean)

LOL... I did a huge double take, too... had to click :D
    Good way to get lots of reads in your thread, though!
  • bridgelene
    bridgelene Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    glad you quit smoking...but I want this in my feed for all the "*kitten*" rage....

since most will assume you are gay bashing.

^^
  • escloflowneCHANGED
    escloflowneCHANGED Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    Good luck
  • MaiLinna
    MaiLinna Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    It's actually a very, very common term in Europe.
  • katelynnsmom1978
    Options
    Im quitting too. I just cant do it cold turkey though. Its really quite a horror scene, I am extremely mean and irritable. This just doesn't work because I cannot find anyway to calm down( ive tried). So I am doing it slow and steady by dropping my cigarette intake down gradually. Down to 10 a day from 30.
  • shutyourpieholeandsquat
    Options
    In for the misunderstanding posts!
  • PennyM140
    PennyM140 Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    It's actually a very, very common term in Europe.

Is "*kitten*" used to mean "gay" there as well or is it more commonly associated with cigarettes? Just curious
  • PennyM140
    PennyM140 Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Great, I'm a thread killer :ohwell: Never mind, I'll just google it.

good luck with your diet OP