I love my wine, but....???

Options
2»

Replies

• AllanMisner
    AllanMisner Posts: 4,140 Member
    Options
    Schedule cheat days, and enjoy the things you like on those days.
  • _Waffle_
    _Waffle_ Posts: 13,049 Member
    Options
    I just came here to agree. I have a hard time being told I can't have my wine too.
  • lavaughan69
    lavaughan69 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    I love wine too, but I only allow myself a glass or two max, and that's only if I have the calorie deficit to play with. I have some self control issues when it comes to alcohol, so I switch to rum and diet. You can have two rum drinks for the same calories as one glass of wine, and I use an entire can of pop in the drink, so it's larger than a glass of wine so it lasts longer :drinker:
  • jonnyman41
    jonnyman41 Posts: 1,032 Member
    Options
    got the same issue myself and I keep kidding myself that I am keeping the wine within my calories but I am sure I am not counting as carefully as I should!!!! I love wine :(
  • helenrosemay
    helenrosemay Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    I allow myself a bottle of wine once a fortnight and it hasn't hindered my weight loss at all. I just make sure on that day I don't go over my maintenance allowance of calories.
  • lilawolf
    lilawolf Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    I drank nearly every day of losing my weight. I stopped drinking on Mondays (I called it my sanity day), and then limited to 1 glass (it used to be 3 like you). I usually took a walk that paid for my wine later. I got a vacuum cork so that the wine would save better, and I waited until a lot later to start. It was very difficult at first for me to say "no, I'm not going to have more", but it's pretty easy to say "I'll have some in a little while. In ah hour. After this glass of water.". Basically, I would have my glass very close to bedtime so that I wouldn't be tempted to get more. Procrastination instead of discipline :-p

Now, I stopped drinking Monday through Thursday except when it is a special occasion (and only one glass on Sundays). This is actually easier than just taking Mondays off was, because it stops being a habit. I also drink a bit less on other days because my body isn't so used to it. This is what I would suggest.

Another benefit to drinking less, is that you can buy much better quality wine for the same price. Think of it as a treat, a high end splurge, instead of a gallon of koolaid.
  • JulieAnn72
    JulieAnn72 Posts: 795 Member
    Options
    I drank most days while losing all my weight too. I usually have a day or two during the week when I don't drink anything. Otherwise, two strategies work. 1. If my husband wants wine too, we will split a bottle. Then we're both limited to a half bottle. 2. We have box wine in the refrigerator so I'll occasionally just have one or two glasses. This means that I don't have to open a bottle if I'm the only one who wants to drink.
  • mdpkelley
    Options
    I LOVE wine but I don't drink it nearly as much after I started working out at night after dinner and after i'm done working out and ready to relax, I just want water... the way wine makes me bloat.. and the over eat after drinking too much.. how easy it is to drink a whole bottle.. I'm just kind of turned off by it.

i keep myself from drinking it at dinner and this works because if I drink I cant work out, if I cant work out then I will get fat.. if I get fat I will be unhappy. you see what I'm doing here? I cannot drink wine and lose weight, even if its in my calorie limit I am still bloated. sometimes you have to pick and chose your battles.
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    Spend twice as much per bottle and drink half as much. :drinker:

Or alternatively earn it through exercise.
  • SassyCalyGirl
    SassyCalyGirl Posts: 1,932 Member
    Options
    I didn't give my alcohol up at all-just save room for the cals! I had no problem losing.
  • MercenaryNoetic26
    MercenaryNoetic26 Posts: 2,747 Member
    Options
    Wow! My man and I share a bottle. My bottle slamming years are waaaaay behind me, lol.
  • sudmom
    sudmom Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    I don't drink on my workout days.