Permission to binge!

Options
2»

Replies

• astronomicals
    astronomicals Posts: 1,537 Member
    Options
    IMO the whole point of a healthy lifestyle to is learn to be around those dangerous foods, have them in moderation with restraint and move on without obsessing. You are not there yet, neither am i. If you know you cant restrain yourself you should probably stay away but I am all for learning....have two pieces and one scoop of ice cream instead of 7 pieces and 5 scoops, that is technically considered a victory. If you know you are going to eat the entire pizza - dont buy it. I guarantee you if you eat an entire pizza and tub of ice cream after making it this far you feel physically and mentally feel like crap.

We have addictions to certain foods. If we were alcoholics that had been sober for 6 months - we probably wouldn't celebrate with a bottle of whiskey.

Congrats on your progress thus far :)

well put
  • chezjuan
    chezjuan Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    It;s the enemy. I must eat it all or it will eat my babies.

Tell me about it. Take out two pieces next to each other and it turns into pac man and chases my kid around the house. So I am very careful when I eat pizza to take each piece from a different part of the pie.:bigsmile:
  • tjl2329
    tjl2329 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Eat. Just! Exercise and try eating 1/2 portions. If it doesn't work then eat what you want. You shouldn't deprive yourself but remember this is a lifestyle change. One day won't kill you. But I try to mix these things with fruits salad or vegetables. I try to eat a salad first then eat the rest in smaller portions. Sometimes I just eat it all because I am human after all.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    Either you don't really understand what a binge is...or you might need to seek counseling. Binging isn't something to celebrate or ask permission for (like an occasional overindulgence)...it's an actual problem.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    What if I told you...... you could have all of those items on a regular basis without planning a binge and asking permission to binge?
    Exactly.

Yep This...

QFT
  • Ang108
    Ang108 Posts: 1,711 Member
    Options
    I can't wrap my head around posts like yours. Why make all the effort at losing weight and implementing lifestyle changes, if the first thought of celebrating is to pig out ? I would say that one day probably makes no difference, but ask myself if with this kind of attitude you will not start a whole slew of " just one day of 3000 calories extra " and in a short period of time you will be in regard to your weight be where you were and then some. I think now, at the beginning of maintenance, is when one needs to be extra vigilant.
  • Alex_is_Hawks
    Alex_is_Hawks Posts: 3,499 Member
    Options
    i don't ask permission....i eat all of those things daily....

in fact today at my managers meeting I'm having a cupcake from Crave... www.cravecupcakes.ca

it will be glorious....yesterday I had a whole schwack of cheesy potatoes...

tomorrow i'm having a piece of chocolate cake...

i fit it in my caloric goals...and i eat it...

it's awesome.
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options

in fact today at my managers meeting I'm having a cupcake from Crave... www.cravecupcakes.ca

it's awesome.

She is just as beautiful on the inside as she is the outside!
    Happy to call her my friend!
  • Mainebikerchick
    Mainebikerchick Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options

it's awesome.

^THIS!!!! Oh and I heart you, Lauren!!!!!! :flowerforyou:
  • LiminalAscendance
    LiminalAscendance Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    In addition to all the posters suggesting moderation, it's not a good idea to associate over-indulgence of food with a "reward."
  • NonnyMary
    NonnyMary Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    Well i have learned how to have pizza and other delish foods that I used to go nuts over. I put some space between those foods for about 3 months, and now i started little by little bringing them back in. I guess i could have been doing that sooner, but thats what i did as i learned little by little.

You still have to get over the diet mentallity to make it, so that you dont go back to your old ways, or else you will go back to your old ways and a binge will turn into your old ways and you will regain all your weight lost. thats when people say diets dont work. and then they regain all the weight. plus some.

so the secret is, we have to be around food. we have to find a way to not be fearful of food, even learn how to deal with our triggers. I have found a way to deal with my triggers. like they dont trigger me anymore. not sure what happened. i think i learned to live without them.. learned that they didn't control me. learned to like other stuff. learned to budget them into my weekly food. learned that i can have them once a week or whatever as long as i have calories. maybe thats it. i dunno. its something that i had to kind of find my way myself. i had to find my own way, apply some ideas i learned here, toss out other ideas that didn't work for me that other people did here, did some experimentation, took some chances, went cold turkey, did moderation, but today it all is working out. my stomach shrank, so i dont even have room for too big of a splurge. i guess i now treasure a lot of different food that tastes yummy.

so the fact that you are still looking for a binge, tells me that you still are letting food control you.. you have to learn how to manage it. i think maybe learn to have a little bit at a time. find a way to budget some pizza. like get a few slices of thin pizza ,, you can have more. dont be deprived ,, maybe thats it. if something bugs you so much, maybe its better to indulge a bit. so find a way to do that.

hey right now im craving grilled steak and stuff and i had some just now.. tasted great!