Sabotaged by Toddlers

Options
likitisplit
likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
What can I say?!? It's sabotage...

- I put in a dance exercise video - the one-year-old clings to my legs while the three-year-old shouts "Mommy, No Dancing!"
- I do Pilates and they climb on my back and jump on to my tummy.
- I put them in the stroller to go out for a run...they fling things onto the ground, demand juice and insist on getting out and running themselves.
- They steal my shoes and sports bras.
- Refusing to eat kale, sweet potatoes, zucchini, spaghetti squash or beans, they insist on rice, chicken breast and/or pizza.
- They take my cooking utensils out of the drawers and hide them among their toys.
- I can't find my HRM.
- If I pre-portion my food, they insist on eating half of it.
- If I log in to MFP, they insist on using the computer to watch Dora.
- Not to mention that I put on the weight during pregnancy.
- When I try to sneak out of the house to exercise in the morning, they are sure to wake up. If I try to do it after they go to bed, they will be up and down all night.

Replies

• thatonegirlwiththestuff
    Options
    Take them to the gym, toss them in the lions cage with all the other toddlers, and book it before they know what the F just happened. You're welcome.
  • ladymiseryali
    ladymiseryali Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    I heard duct-taping toddlers to walls can work wonders......

And before anyone jumps down my throat, I'm not serious.

But I would suggest a baby-sitter so you can work out without babies trying to kill you by jumping all over you. Are you sure they're not trying to kill you? Toddlers can be evil. Ever seen or read Pet Cemetery? :laugh:
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    They make duct tape in fun colors and patterns too...
  • Josee76
    Josee76 Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    I love this!!!! lol
  • TribeHokie
    TribeHokie Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    this sounds exactly like my nephews, except they're a lot better about eating veggies
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    Nyquil. You're welcome!
  • karl39x
    karl39x Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    You should meet a good friend of mine... Jack Daniels.
  • AMHouse85
    AMHouse85 Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    I know the feeling so I started sitting mine down with an activity and telling them this is Mommys time cause it makes me do a better job, they seem pretty okay with it about 75% of the time. The rest they are crawling under my downward dogs.
  • wilmnoca
    wilmnoca Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    Not to quote Dr Phil but, sounds like the tail is wagging the dog...BE the adult.
  • fyoufat
    fyoufat Posts: 85
    Options
    This is so funny and true. I have a 14 m old who is extremely active, she runs around with my HRM all the time even though it smells gross? and she always wakes up when I try to workout and she actually stole the apple I was eating today and ran around with it eating it. She is one of my inspirations though and I love her!
  • Bridget28152723
    Bridget28152723 Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    your too funny!! I have 4 kids but 1 toddler so I get it! you just gotta do it and hope they let you do it..can you strap them both in the stroller and walk/run? Never let them win!!
  • calibriintx
    calibriintx Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options
    :laugh:
  • calibriintx
    calibriintx Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options
    I heard duct-taping toddlers to walls can work wonders......

And before anyone jumps down my throat, I'm not serious.

But I would suggest a baby-sitter so you can work out without babies trying to kill you by jumping all over you. Are you sure they're not trying to kill you? Toddlers can be evil. Ever seen or read Pet Cemetery? :laugh:

I think someone did that not too long ago and went to jail.

ETA: Actually, that's not the story I was thinking of. That crazy b1tch beat her child and superglued her to the wall. :noway: But some people did duct tape their kid to a wall and they also went to jail.
  • rduhlir
    rduhlir Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    Double LOL...one at you Varda cause you are awesome and made me smile

and two...

At the people who are actually taking this seriously.
  • SanteMulberry
    SanteMulberry Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    What can I say?!? It's sabotage...

- I put in a dance exercise video - the one-year-old clings to my legs while the three-year-old shouts "Mommy, No Dancing!"
    - I do Pilates and they climb on my back and jump on to my tummy.
    - I put them in the stroller to go out for a run...they fling things onto the ground, demand juice and insist on getting out and running themselves.
    - They steal my shoes and sports bras.
    - Refusing to eat kale, sweet potatoes, zucchini, spaghetti squash or beans, they insist on rice, chicken breast and/or pizza.
    - They take my cooking utensils out of the drawers and hide them among their toys.
    - I can't find my HRM.
    - If I pre-portion my food, they insist on eating half of it.
    - If I log in to MFP, they insist on using the computer to watch Dora.
    - Not to mention that I put on the weight during pregnancy.
    - When I try to sneak out of the house to exercise in the morning, they are sure to wake up. If I try to do it after they go to bed, they will be up and down all night.

Seriously--if you are doing cardio just to burn calories, you don't actually need to bother. Depending on how heavy you are, you burn A LOT of calories in taking care of toddlers. Weight-lifting for 20-30 minutes three times a week might do more for you than a bunch of cardio. But, if you like cardio, then you probably should think about babysitting.
  • ElsaVonMarmalade
    ElsaVonMarmalade Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I have 17-month-old twins and ALL they want to eat is fruits and vegetables. I have started resorting to Cheez-its to get something else into their systems. (The all-produce diet is chock full of nutrients but not so nice for the toddler digestive system.)

I was doing P90X while they ran around the house until one of them almost got a face-full of dumbbell. And oh how I miss the days when they would fall asleep (not scream and cry) in the stroller during runs. Having to run two miles back to the car while they complained at the top of their lungs was juuuuuuust crappy enough to convince me not to try that again.
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Options
    Not to quote Dr Phil but, sounds like the tail is wagging the dog...BE the adult.

yep 100%
  • ElsaVonMarmalade
    ElsaVonMarmalade Posts: 154 Member
    Options

yep 100%

Yeah this is posted in "Fun" for a reason.
  • mama2redhead
    mama2redhead Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I love this post! I am going to start trying some short Pilates and yoga workouts on the iPad while she is playing. Like 15 min or so at a time. I am hoping in time my 21 month old will join me...without jumping on me!
  • sueclare38
    Options
    sneak up behind you when you're on all fours and end up with your foot in their face.
    eat ALL the fruit in the house.
    throw the stones out of the fireplace while you're trying to do jumping jacks.
    Steal your water bottle when you're not looking.
    Grab the remote and change channel while you're doing your dvd workout.
    sneak upstairs and empty out all the shampoo bottles on the bathroom floor while you're busy exercising.

on the plus side it too cute watching my 2 and 4yr old trying to do insanity moves.