Options
    Yes, if I have carhop service.
  • sleffingwell
    Options
    YES
  • jboccio90
    jboccio90 Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    yes and I tip the people that bring my food to the car when I order to-go from restaurants.
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    Also, Sonic sucks.
    Sonic probably feels the same way about you.
  • Chopshopcop
    Chopshopcop Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Yes. Around here, the car hops are all teenagers, some still in high school, some in college. They don't make squat so at minimum I give 2-3 bucks and whatever coin I was due back. For what it's worth, I get excellent service and my order is always correct.
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,026 Member
    Options
    Also, Sonic sucks.
    Sonic probably feels the same way about you.

They suck, therefore their opinion is unimportant.
  • Fullsterkur_woman
    Fullsterkur_woman Posts: 2,712 Member
    Options
    Also, Sonic sucks.
    I am so heartbroken that you feel this way. :sad: Why do you want to hurt me with your hurtful words? :brokenheart:
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    why?
  • Gigsluvscw
    Gigsluvscw Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Yes. They earn waitress/waiter salary's (less than half of what minimum wage is). I just round up to the nearest dollar and tell them to keep the change (ex. If the bill is $7.63, I give them $8.00).
  • herblackwings39
    herblackwings39 Posts: 3,930 Member
    Options
    It's been quite awhile since I was near a Sonic, but when I was nearby and ate at it I did tip the person who brought the food to the car.
  • ashleyinthecold
    ashleyinthecold Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    The girls I knew who worked at Sonic when I was in high school made $7 - $8/hr from what I understand... sooo, no. I don't. And I never have cash anyway.
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    wait you people are telling me sonic charges those god awful prices for their special drinks and over priced hot dogs and they cant pay the carhops minimum wage?
  • whierd
    Options
    Also, Sonic sucks.
    I am so heartbroken that you feel this way. :sad: Why do you want to hurt me with your hurtful words? :brokenheart:

I do it so you'll love me more later.
  • MercenaryNoetic26
    MercenaryNoetic26 Posts: 2,747 Member
    Options
    My kid says you should! She's 11.
  • Fullsterkur_woman
    Fullsterkur_woman Posts: 2,712 Member
    Options
    They do your bidding to bring you food and drinks in the blistering heat, rain, and freezing cold. You do the math.
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Options
    No...the one time I ate there, I decided to puke instead.
  • whierd
    Options
    From a bit of Googling it seems like it varies whether they are paid as servers or minimum wage.
  • whierd
    Options
    No...the one time I ate there, I decided to puke instead.

I wouldn't say they are terrible, just a bit south of mediocre.
  • coolraul07
    coolraul07 Posts: 1,606 Member
    Options
    If they expect you to tip, then why is there no tip line on the credit card receipt? I usually pay with credit.
    ^THIS! I rarely use cash anywhere cuz (a) I have a great rewards credit card that I pay in full monthly, and (b) easier to track my expenditures. I have never seen a 'tip line' on the credit slip so I never knew that tipping was expected. If they put it on the receipt then I will start to tip accordingly.