Doctors Keep Telling Me I'm Overweight

Options
124»

Replies

• helpfit101
    helpfit101 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    Maybe they have one of those electronic scales that shows bodyfat%. I have one myself and it's usually within 1-4%.

They are not awfully accurate. But they may be basing their "overweight" on that.

Looking at your pictures I would say you can lose some weight though, but that's my subjective call.
  • kenzietate
    kenzietate Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    I hate the BMI scale. I have always been told I was overweight and now I am a bit but I am working on it. However in high school I was told I was overweight at 145 lbs for my 5'4" but I have always had major amounts of muscle and I my frame is the size of a medium male according to wrist measurements. According to BF% tests I had less than 18%. I looked fit, healthy and in shape! When I was considered 'healthy' at 130 lbs (I got sick and lost those lbs from that) I looked like a skeleton. You could count my ribs, I had very little muscle mass, my hip bones could have impaled someone. But the doctors were like yep you are healthy.

So now that I have finally started to figure out the health problems that caused the weight gain after the weight loss, I am trying to get back to just being healthy and fit and not worry about the BMI scale because it is crap!