What was your turning point?

Options
124»

Replies

• jade2112
    jade2112 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    When I had to have my husband put on my shoes and socks for the first time. I was horrified at myself and embarrassed. Kept thinking what's next having him wipe my *kitten*. No way that was happening.
  • kowajenn
    kowajenn Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    We go to Disney World often...a few times a year. In January we were there, I was exhausted, my feet hurt, and for the first time ever I thought that renting a scooter wouldn't be a bad idea.

I started my diet that day. I don't begrudge people who need scooters because of physical ailments, but getting one (or wanting one) just because you are fat crosses the line for me. I realized that I needed to do something, now.
  • Gzuschick
    Gzuschick Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Love it! lol:wink:
  • kens07
    kens07 Posts: 4
    Options
    i was at disneyland with my family, and was in immense pain the entire time because my legs were chaffing because they were rubbing together so badly. i was bleeding and couldn't enjoy the trip. also, a week later my best friend asked if i was doing alright because i'd gained a lot of weight. this stuff hurts, so thats the week i started a diet! lost 15 pounds so far.