Slim Fast

Options

Replies

• Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    It made my poop stink. And I did not get slim fast.
  • _Resolve_
    _Resolve_ Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    I'd rather eat food.
  • mbucchieri
    mbucchieri Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    READ THE INGREDIENT LIST!!!! What (if anything)on that bottle says healthy or nutritious to you.
  • devinbear
    devinbear Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    As another poster did, I used it in high school before a prom. I only did it for a week, but lost five pounds, so my slightly-too-tight-dress would fit. I gained it back, of course.
  • qtgonewild
    qtgonewild Posts: 1,930 Member
    Options
    Slim fast has been around forever. I have yet to meet one person who has gotten "slim fast" off slim fast. What a crock of *kitten*.
  • MayaSPapaya
    MayaSPapaya Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    I think you would be much happier and satisfied eating real food in their portion sizes.
  • tonyajohn
    Options
    I WILL drink a Slim Fast-like shake at breakfast most days. Mainly because, between running around after my toddler and tween, I don't get much time for myself in the a.m. I've also never been a big eater in the morning. In fact, I've always skipped breakfast (which I realize is a 'no no') in the past due to the fact that I'm just not hungry. It's easier for me to "drink" my breakfast than try to force down solid food that early. I will have cereal every once in a while though which, interestingly enough, actually has fewer calories than the Slim Fast itself. I do appreciate the extra protein since I'm not a big meat eater and the calcium because I'm also not much of a dairy drinker. The canned shake is also gluten free which is a BFD for me due to my Celiac.

That being said, I do NOT like the sugar content and would love to have an alternative. I just haven't found one that fits yet.
  • runningvegan
    Options
    I've tried it in the past, not as a meal replacement but as a way to get in more vitamins. I was having bad reactions to regular multi vitamins and was exploring other options. The chocolate one wasn't bad at the time, but now I find them to be too sweet for me. I guess my tastes have changed. Overall, I wouldn't recommend them as a meal replacement, but they'd be ok as a mid morning snack once in awhile.
  • tifelayne
    Options
    I am currently on SlimFast, day 5 of my diet. I really do love it, though I know it is not the healthiest of dieting techniques. It allows my mind to not think about food all day. I already know what I'll be having for breakfast and lunch, so I don't have to stress about it. I also love the shakes and the Cookie Dough meal bars.

If you'd like to see what I'm doing on SlimFast exactly and how it's working for me, check out my blog (slimfastmommy.wordpress.com). There I log everything I eat and I have posted motivation and current stats and pictures of myself.

A lot of people are against SlimFast, but I think it's just what I need to get started. Sure, it's not the healthiest thing, but being overweight isn't healthy either. I say, do what works!
  • apollard727
    Options
    I brought a 2 weeks pack from costco that included everything i need minus the dinners. Me and my partner started the slimfast diet and within the two weeks we had both lost a huge amount of weight of what you would normally expect, we even felt full!

However, we both gained the weight back and very quickly after we stopped slimfast, its just impossible to keep having shakes here and there and not real food!

I wouldnt recommend it unless you are looking for a quick fix that will last a few weeks, otherwise stay way clear. If you want to keep the weight off i would be looking at something you could stick to long term as it would be a lifestyle change
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    I am currently on SlimFast, day 5 of my diet. I really do love it, though I know it is not the healthiest of dieting techniques. It allows my mind to not think about food all day. I already know what I'll be having for breakfast and lunch, so I don't have to stress about it. I also love the shakes and the Cookie Dough meal bars.

If you'd like to see what I'm doing on SlimFast exactly and how it's working for me, check out my blog (slimfastmommy.wordpress.com). There I log everything I eat and I have posted motivation and current stats and pictures of myself.

A lot of people are against SlimFast, but I think it's just what I need to get started. Sure, it's not the healthiest thing, but being overweight isn't healthy either. I say, do what works!

What are you planning on doing once you lose the weight from the slimfast diet? Keep drinking slimfast all your life? I'm really not trying to sound snarky, but I really wonder if (and why) you think it's sustainable.
  • lavaughan69
    lavaughan69 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    I've done Slim fast.
    I've done Susanne Summers
    I've done Herbal Magic
    I've done Atkins

I've gained all my weight back after Slim fast
    I've gained all my weight back after Susanne Summers
    I've gained all my weight back after Herbal Magic
    I've gained all my weight back after Atkins

All these diets worked, but ultimately it wasn't how I intended to live my life, I only planned for the immediate loss and not for the long term. You need to think about your end game, beyond reaching your weight loss goal. That's always been my problem, don't let it be yours.
  • tomedog
    tomedog Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Slim Fast is not a solution, just a quick fix. Eat correctly and exercise daily and you will get the results you need.
  • Maryaly40
    Maryaly40 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    i lost 45lbs on slim-fast many moons ago. However, Slim-fast didn't teach me how to eat right, therefore, i gained the weight back plus some. My own fault.
  • uncharted01
    uncharted01 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    It made my poop stink. And I did not get slim fast.

water just spewed out of my nose - thanks for the laugh! :laugh:
  • MizTerry
    MizTerry Posts: 3,763 Member
    Options
    I love the stuff, but I cheat too much on it.
  • jlapey
    jlapey Posts: 1,850 Member
    Options
    I tried once a million years ago. It made me hungry.
  • alexsheena
    Options
    It just makes me want to throw up. I suppose that's still technically losing weight though.:laugh: The diet is not worth the psychological pain, it's like every fad diet, it makes your relationship with food very distorted.
  • Laststand2011
    Laststand2011 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Just bought some. There are times I just want to hurry and get the calories out of the way and the bars and drinks take care of that. I get the highest protein content I can find.
  • justal313
    justal313 Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    It's not bad with some Hagen Daaz and Hershey's syrup.
This discussion has been closed.