Quest Bars

Options
13»

Replies

• JacksMom12
    JacksMom12 Posts: 1,044 Member
    Options
    Vitamin Shoppe has them as well as GNC which someone already posted, and you can find them online obviously.

I eat one every morning and essentially am using it as a meal replacement for breakfast. They are awesome. Chocoloate Chip Cookie Dough, Peanut Butter and Jelly, and Chocolate brownie are the best flavors I have tried, in that order.

Great Protein to Carb ratio, and they taste good

My top 3 as well, same order. Soul mates!

(Haven't tried the newest one yet though)
  • JacksMom12
    Options
    No one else has taken the "anti" view, so I'll jump in. I do not eat any of these bars, as snacks or meals. As an older woman, my daily calorie allotment is quite low, so to snack several times a day on these is going to be hundreds of calories. In addition, my experience has been that this type of highly-processed food does nothing for my hunger and, worse, only makes me want another one. And then, another one. If I eat an apple, however, it staves off hunger, gives me fiber, and doesn't make me eat apple after apple...But, apparently, that's just me.

I take it you've never actually read the ingredients or stats on a quest bar. I'd take the 20 grams of protein and tons of fiber over an 80 calorie apple any day. They are not processed either. Other than being expensive, I can't think of any negatives. I can't believe how well they fit into my macros.!
  • glin23
    glin23 Posts: 460 Member
    Options

I take it you've never actually read the ingredients or stats on a quest bar. I'd take the 20 grams of protein and tons of fiber over an 80 calorie apple any day. They are not processed either. Other than being expensive, I can't think of any negatives. I can't believe how well they fit into my macros.!

Not sure if I read this right, but are you trying to say that Quest bars are not processed?
  • JacksMom12
    Options

Not sure if I read this right, but are you trying to say that Quest bars are not processed?

Of course they are processed, I understand that there aren't quest bushes sprouting up quest bars out in nature. I was saying in response to that one poster (who called all bars highly processed and less nutrient dense than an apple) that, compared to most nutritional bars, the ingredients are much less processed. There are only about 4-5 ingredients: all which are what most people consider "natural". Stevia, nuts, cocoa powder, whey isolate, etc.
  • qtgonewild
    qtgonewild Posts: 1,930 Member
    Options
    absolutely love quest bars. I use them for snacks and sometimes breakfast.

fyI...if you Google gnc coupon Jan 2014 you'll find a printable coupon for $10 off $20. really helpful. I use them often :)
  • bowbeforethoraxis
    bowbeforethoraxis Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I like mine warm too... but I don't microwave it... I drop it in a cup of hot water for a few mins. (I have a thing about the microwave...odd... I know)

I love this idea!!! I've been sitting on mine. It's in my lunch bag in the fridge overnight so when I get to work, I literally sit on it (while it's in the wrapper of course!), but the hot water idea sounds.... more sensible. haha

When I have "indulgence" nights, I throw a cheese stick and a bar (both wrapped) into the bath while it's filling with hot water. By the time I get in with my book everything is warm and almost melt-y, so I can eat it off a plate with some apples or pears on the side of the tub while I read. Cinnamon roll with apples is sooooo good.
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,651 Member
    Options
    I understand that there aren't quest bushes sprouting up quest bars out in nature.

If there are alternate universes out there, I want to live in this one.
    43932452 Posts: 7,246 Member
    Options
    The best Bar choice there is but pricey to some so look for bargains.
    GNC just ran a buy 3 get 4th free.