WWII vets storming the Mall

Options
rml_16
rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
Am I the only one who laughed? I mean, it's really awesome and touching and all of that, but when I saw the video, all I could think was that it looked like something Monty Python would have done.

I'm going to hell for that, right?

(Just to clarify: I do not think what they DID was funny. It was pretty awesome. It was simply the visual that made me laugh.)

Replies

• YouMadBro8281
    Options
    SCREW YOU. I don't find it funny at all.
  • vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    Options
    Probably, but good for them!
  • rml_16
    Options

Now I'm laughing at you!
  • Lupercalia
    Lupercalia Posts: 1,857 Member
    Options
    Me too. See you in Hell, RML :devil:
  • YouMadBro8281
    Options

Now I'm laughing at you!

Laugh away. You part of Westboro?
  • rml_16
    Options

Now I'm laughing at you!

Yes. You got me.
  • scruffykaz
    scruffykaz Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    I didn't know what you were talking about so I had to google it:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/local/visiting-veterans-storm-closed-wwii-memorial/2013/10/01/0fc2a376-2ab4-11e3-8ade-a1f23cda135e_story.html

It is very sweet but I'm giggling at your description of being like something out of Monty Python!!
  • Tessyloowhoo
    Options
    The real problem here :government shutdown closes National Parks to the public including memorial sites to WWII vets... but it kept 12 parks open for oil and gas drilling... :noway:
  • spade117
    spade117 Posts: 2,466 Member
    Options

Now I'm laughing at you!

The user name makes it even funnier.
  • YouMadBro8281
    Options

Now I'm laughing at you!

Yes. You got me.

Figures.
  • vtmoon
    vtmoon Posts: 3,436 Member
    Options
    I don't think that verb applies to many WW2 anymore sadly. As long as they clean after themselves, they kinda deserve to be in there. But their anger was kinda funny.
  • rml_16
    Options
    The real problem here :government shutdown closes National Parks to the public including memorial sites to WWII vets... but it kept 12 parks open for oil and gas drilling... :noway:
    I didn't want this to be a political post, but what I don't get is why they shut down the Mall in the first place. it's just an open area and there aren't normally guards posted there. So they put up barriers and posted guards (which cost money) to keep people out of an open area that normally doesn't cost that money to keep open.
  • rml_16
    Options

Now I'm laughing at you!

The user name makes it even funnier.
    That's why I laughed at him!
  • escloflowneCHANGED
    escloflowneCHANGED Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    Don't worry, hell isn't real, don't start with the crazy talk so early in the morning!!
  • _Krys10_
    _Krys10_ Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options
    I laugh at all the people complaining that the Pandacam is down for the DC Zoo. I mean it is a really cute little panda but it's a tiny part of the nonsense.
  • rml_16
    Options
    I laugh at all the people complaining that the Pandacam is down for the DC Zoo. I mean it is a really cute little panda but it's a tiny part of the nonsense.
    I think it's a philosophical issue. The Ford Foundation grant pays for that and it's manned by unpaid volunteers (what little "manning" it needs). So why shut it down?
  • SpeSHul_SnoflEHk
    SpeSHul_SnoflEHk Posts: 6,256 Member
    Options
    The description is what cracked me up. Storming the mall in their wheelchairs.
  • escloflowneCHANGED
    escloflowneCHANGED Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    I think it's a philosophical issue. The Ford Foundation grant pays for that and it's manned by unpaid volunteers (what little "manning" it needs). So why shut it down?

Because the Panda is Chinese and all
  • k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Options
    I didn't watch the video, but I did hear the story... and I thought it was funny that they had a little act of defience and protest... and I say good on them... they ain't getting any younger and it's not likely they will be back when it's open.
  • DrunkenFaeGirl
    Options
    I didn't want this to be a political post, but what I don't get is why they shut down the Mall in the first place. it's just an open area and there aren't normally guards posted there. So they put up barriers and posted guards (which cost money) to keep people out of an open area that normally doesn't cost that money to keep open.
    Don't post political things meant to enrage certain people and then say you don't want it to get political.