Liftingface, or why you can't pick up in the gym.

Options
12346»

Replies

• PaleoChocolateBear
    PaleoChocolateBear Posts: 2,844 Member
    Options
    No chocolate bear, you might mess up your hair.

Get some 2lb weights. Stand around moving them up and down occasionally and posing.

But then I'm back to having that lifting face again
  • PaleoChocolateBear
    PaleoChocolateBear Posts: 2,844 Member
    Options
    HAHAHA I love this thread!
    My lifting face makes me look like I'm constipated! :frown: No wonder I can't pick up guys...... :noway:

Maybe some guys are into that look
  • TamaraKat
    TamaraKat Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    HAHAHA I love this thread!
    My lifting face makes me look like I'm constipated! :frown: No wonder I can't pick up guys...... :noway:

Haha maybe! I have to test this theory....
  • Alpina483
    Alpina483 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Haha maybe! I have to test this theory....

Question is, are you into guys that are into that look.
  • V0lver
    V0lver Posts: 915 Member
    Options
    Greetings all. Be ready to have your day made better.

Today I worked out in a new gym. The incline bench press in this gym is right in front of the mirror. This I got a my very first proper look at my lifting face. It was not pretty.

So I thought I would share a dramatic re enactment of said lifting face with you, in hopes that it will brighten your day. Maybe some brave people will even share their own lifting face.

You have been warned.

My face when I walk into the gym-

null_zps77919639.jpg

Liftingface-

null_zps67154886.jpg

Look at that perfect jaw line in the first pic. What happened in the second pic lol:noway:
    3rkqas.jpg
  • jessilee119
    jessilee119 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Mutant13
    Mutant13 Posts: 2,485 Member
    Options
    Volver, it's called 'the pigeon'

You just squish your head into your neck. Instant mingga.
  • tattygun
    tattygun Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    Watched my face doing deadlifts last night and there's no way I'm man enough to post that face online.

You have big balls OP, real big balls.
  • Mutant13
    Options
    Watched my face doing deadlifts last night and there's no way I'm man enough to post that face online.

You have big balls OP, real big balls.

Yeah, they're pretty huge
  • cad39too
    cad39too Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    I have a variation of the Liftingface - the Rockstarface. When I run at night, I lip sync the songs playing on my iPhone, like I'm performing them at a sold out arena in front of a crowd of rabid fans. I dare not do it during daylight runs, as I'd most certainly terrify my neighbors and wind up in a minimum security institution with a thorazine drip...

I do this...only I don't lip sync and I run in the daytime!!

Love the look on people faces as they hear me coming. :bigsmile:
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    Why do you guys have such pretty lifting faces?

Wait - did I just get called "pretty?"

Realized today that my squat face is pretty much the same as my deadlift face.

Except when I'm struggling for that last rep. Then it just looks like I'm constipated.
  • IamOnMywayNow
    IamOnMywayNow Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    Refuse to take a pic of it........it would burn everyones retinas. And I dont want to be responsible for blinding the good people of MFP:) But if you can imagine me saying "F****CK!!!!" (I actually yell this) throughout the whole lift, that would be my lifting face.

I do my lifting in my garage. My husband has seen my lifting face many many times and he still is interested so I guess it is not that bad:)
  • Mutant13
    Options
    Why do you guys have such pretty lifting faces?

Wait - did I just get called "pretty?"

Realized today that my squat face is pretty much the same as my deadlift face.

Except when I'm struggling for that last rep. Then it just looks like I'm constipated.

You know you pretty tr0berts
  • Bry_Fitness70
    Bry_Fitness70 Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    I have a variation of the Liftingface - the Rockstarface. When I run at night, I lip sync the songs playing on my iPhone, like I'm performing them at a sold out arena in front of a crowd of rabid fans. I dare not do it during daylight runs, as I'd most certainly terrify my neighbors and wind up in a minimum security institution with a thorazine drip...

I do this...only I don't lip sync and I run in the daytime!!

Love the look on people faces as they hear me coming. :bigsmile:

Be careful, if you hit some high notes you're going to have a pack of dogs on your heels...