Fitbit...

Options
2»

Replies

• dshalbert
    dshalbert Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    I just bought the fitbit flex yesterday and staretd wearing it this moring. It did record my excersize (I'm doing Jillian Michaels) as burning a lot more calories that my heart rate monitor. Hmmm. Anyway I have not yet synced it up with MFP yet. Not sure how to do that. At any rate, Im sure that this little tool will be a lot of fun.
  • qtgonewild
    qtgonewild Posts: 1,930 Member
    Options
    i love how my fitbit flex wakes me up in the morning. the vibration wakes me peacefully instead of hearing music. i do not have it synced to mfp. :)
  • QuietBloom
    QuietBloom Posts: 5,413 Member
    Options
    I want one too. I saw they just came out with a pink one for cancer awareness! Definitely asking for this for my birthday. :smile:
  • dshalbert
    dshalbert Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    Ok, I synced it. It was easy.
  • LessthanKris
    LessthanKris Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    Is all this as confusing as it sounds? Maybe I am just a bit dense or just do not know a lot about the device but it seems like there is a lot of configuring and tweeking between the two sites. I love MFP and was just wondering how much the FitBit has really helped by adding it to this site. Have you found a lot of discrepencies in what you thought you burned and what you didn't? Do you wear it all day long? I looked it up but do not know if I want to spend that much money on what seems like a fancy pedometer when MFP is working for me right now. Especially if it will take me forever to figure it out.
  • dawlschic007
    dawlschic007 Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    I don't find it confusing at all. The two programs sync together and do all the work automatically once you do the initial set up. I use the Flex as a better way to estimate my TDEE. The Flex is worn all day and night.
  • Booda101
    Booda101 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I've had the Flex for two weeks. I like the convenience of just wearing it and not having to even think about it. Between it and MFP, it takes a lot of the guesswork out.

I just wish I would have waited one more month now that the Force is due out. It adds the display capability of the One to the Flex.
  • treehill15
    treehill15 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hello, really new to this, i have not even set up my profile picture. Just started wearing fit one today. I am confused about if
    I can wear it with the clip on the outside of my bra or pocket and the bit facing my body. I want to do that because the reviews I read was that it can pop out of the clip and I want it to fall into my bra or pocket and not to the ground.
  • WakkoW
    WakkoW Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    Hello, really new to this, i have not even set up my profile picture. Just started wearing fit one today. I am confused about if
    I can wear it with the clip on the outside of my bra or pocket and the bit facing my body. I want to do that because the reviews I read was that it can pop out of the clip and I want it to fall into my bra or pocket and not to the ground.

You can have it facing your body. I clip it in that way when exercising. I have read that some women don't even use the clip and stick it in their bra.
  • WakkoW
    WakkoW Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    Is all this as confusing as it sounds? Maybe I am just a bit dense or just do not know a lot about the device but it seems like there is a lot of configuring and tweeking between the two sites. I love MFP and was just wondering how much the FitBit has really helped by adding it to this site. Have you found a lot of discrepencies in what you thought you burned and what you didn't? Do you wear it all day long? I looked it up but do not know if I want to spend that much money on what seems like a fancy pedometer when MFP is working for me right now. Especially if it will take me forever to figure it out.

It really isn't confusing at all.

If you log activities like biking or swimming, you just log on either fitbit or MPF and they synch automatically.