• lawlorka
    lawlorka Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    Walk the dog 2 miles every day (1hr)

30min Jillian Micheals DVD 5 days per week
    45min JM DVD 2 days per week
    45min Gym Class (Strength and cardio) 2 days per week
    C25K 3 days per week

1 day rest day per week (except for walking the dog)
  • iechick
    iechick Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    Walk 10-12 miles a week and then run 3-4 (mixed in with the walking).
  • Leadfoot_Lewis
    Leadfoot_Lewis Posts: 1,623 Member
    Options
    I usually lift 5 days a week - 3 upper body/2 lower body. Cardio I do once a week,twice if I can fit it in.
  • cabbageman
    Options
    I do the P90X program with my wife.

Every day is about an hour, then every odd day an extra 15 minutes for abs. Every Thursday is yoga and every Sunday is stretching for an hour. It's well balanced. While it may seem excessive, it isn't, because everyday you are working out a different part of your body. So we do that for a month, then a week break (and during that break week we are actually doing core exercises, more yoga and more stretching) and then the next month it's a similar work out regime again, but there are different exercises and the dates you do them are different. It's all about muscle confusion. Never plateauing by always changing it up.

It's hard, but it's suppost to be. Hence P90X where X is for Xtreme.
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    Options
    i do 30 min of cardio twice a day and weights for 45 min everyday . How long are your workouts , how many days a week ? Just curious

I just revamped my workouts, having completed the "Learn to 10k" program. Now I'm on a triathlon-specific plan with cycling, swimming, running and weights, each at least 2x a week (every other week there is an extra run thrown in). It's about 60-90 minutes a day, depending on mix of steady state and intervals.
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    45-60 minutes, 5 or 6 days per week. Mon-Fri is no problem as (thankfully) there's a gym right here in my office building. Not many good excuses when it's that convenient! I didn't do much on the weekends this summer but I'm trying to do more now that the temps are dropping. I'm trying to either get out for a walk or do a workout DVD one day per weekend.
  • JamieM8168
    JamieM8168 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    I do bootcamp for 2-3x/week for 1 hr

2 days a week I do cardio for 15 minutes followed by 40 minutes of personal training
  • just_Jennie1
    just_Jennie1 Posts: 1,233
    Options
    That seems rather excessive.

I work out 5-6 days a week for 30-100 min.

For you, maybe it is.

I work out 5 days a week for 90-120 minutes. Sometimes I'll add something in on the weekends like a run or a bike ride. If I hit the gym in the morning during the week sometimes I'll add another round of cardio in the afternoon.

There's no "rule" that says how long or how many days is required to workout. What might seem excessive to one person is perfectly fine to another.