200+ (Week 42) Getting Fit For Fall!

Options

Replies

• KendalBeee
    KendalBeee Posts: 2,269 Member
    Options
    Mish- I'm so sorry for your loss. I can't imagine how rough that must be. Just know that we are here for you when you are ready. Even if you need a break from focusing on weight, we are still here to support you.
  • Laceylala
    Laceylala Posts: 3,094 Member
    Options
    Amy- Wow! That pool sounds amazingly fun! I want one like that. Well there is a pool way way way on the other side of town that has a wave pool and its pretty cute, but even from town where I work, its a good 30 minute drive. So from our house, it would be over 45+ to get there. No thanks.
    That sucks about grandma saying your son was ready for a swimming team! Poor kid! Is there anything he could do for the team and still learn with them? Good thing you found that out before he had his first swim practice!

Mish - take some deep breathes and take it one day at a time. One hour if you need to.

Kendal - enjoy that unofficial business you are enjoying!

Victoria - 8 miles, woo hoo!

I am over on cals today. Didn't walk because its been " a day" to say the least. I took this morning off from work so I could watch my daughter be photographed by my husbands highschool friend...but it was sensory overload for me (photog was loud and did NOT stop talking!) and it took me a good hour before I could really get into work once I got in. And of course all sorts of people needed me to do things "right away" and it was just gaaaaa!
    Anyways, if you guys have facebook, I'm on there (http://www.facebook.com/laceyleannely) and the photog posted some fantastic pics of Gracie on there. I don't know how to post them on this site.

Tomorrow I will do my walk again. Its been crazy tonight too and its overcast and cold and I'm tired and blah. I just need to settle down and chee-illll out.
  • Laceylala
    Options
    A bit on the serious side:

So, I have been on an emotional roller coaster. Earlier this year I started with you gals and then disappeared. When I joined a few weeks before had a MC. Since then everything has been a struggle. Every month since I get terribly emotional a week before TOM arrives. This is the week for me this month (boo). Every month TOM shows I feel horrible. We have been TTCing since Feb and nothing.

I am now getting worried. When I got preggers with my son it took 9 months, but when I got pregnant the second time it only took 2 months. I was always considered high risk and even more now that I have had a MC. With that being said I called my doc yesterday and the nurse called me back. She said she will discuss everything with him. She calls me back today and tells me doc wants to check my hormone levels my next cycle. He wants to make sure I am ovulating. I think I am, because when I should be I get back pain from hell then it goes away and then returns when TOM arrives.

Ok, I am done now. Thank you for listening/reading.

MIsh hav you considered taking some supplements to help with the emotional (bs) of tom? St. Johns Wort helps me and then a really good vitam B complex also helps. My only problem is that I forget to take them consistently..and I could seriously use them right now. I would recommend going and getting a really really good Raw B complex, but it can get spendy. Even the stuff at Target helps and is more cost effective.

I don't know what it is like to have an MC but I can imagine trying to get pregnant and not being able to for whatever reason. Maybe your body and your mind just needs a little more time to de-stress? That sounds lame even as I type it, so IDK.
    Hang in there girl!
  • Rmeikel
    Rmeikel Posts: 35
    Options
    I was just browsing through some forums, and would love to know if I may join this group with you? I want to lose over 100 pounds, and it's nice to read from some folks that want to lose more than like 5 pounds.

I am 31 and live in Colorado. Would it be okay with you folks if I joined up with you?
  • anvy0530
    anvy0530 Posts: 1,606 Member
    Options
    Morning ladies. Another day that brings me one day closer to London. I am finally starting to get excited for the trip next week. I've never been to London and I'd love to see all the touristy stuff (British Museum is particularly exciting for me & I'd love a good curry) AND I get to see the man-of-honor from my wedding (we kind of switched it up at our wedding, my husband had a "best woman" and I had a "man-of-honor") who I haven't seen in over 5 years. It'll be fun!

Becca: Hi there! There's always room for one more around. Jump on in & start posting.

Lacey: That photography thing sounds stressful. I have 2 friends that are professional photographers who have used my super-photogenic child for their own purposes and they made everything peaceful & nice. Gabe is happier now that we've pulled him from swimming. I'm going to bring him to the 2 home meets the team has so he can get a better idea of what it's like. I am also going to take my son to the pool at least once a week so we can work on his swimming. He's cool with that and the swim team starts a second season in February so maybe he'll be ready by then.

Victoria: That's a lot of running & walking you have planned this weekend. You go girl!

Mish: I am so sorry for your pain. I had a MC back in 2005 when we were trying for our second child. It messed up so many of my hormones that it actually took 2 years before I was any kind of "regular" and, due to health problems, I never did end up with kid #2. I would encourage you to speak with your doctor & get him/her to check your hormone levels. You shouldn't be miserable before your period, it isn't normal and it can be treated once it's identified. You can also try alternative therapies, if that's your thing. I had a lot of success with a homeopathic doctor and an acupuncturist.
  • makeitallsue
    makeitallsue Posts: 3,086 Member
    Options
    Welcome Becca!!!:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

Victoria...I too, noticed the time it takes to log...after I took those couple weeks off...trying to get back into it is hard. I am trying really hard to keep track these past couple weeks...only because I have been trying to get that protein in....but I eat lots of veggies and homemade stuff...so it seems it takes even longer trying to figure it out.... I know I said I'd never do it, but I am considering doing a liquid protein shake diet (where I have them during the day with a snack and then a regular dinner) just for a month or so...to see if that may help me drop a few pounds. I am going to finish this program though first and see how it works out...I am still trying to get around 1700 calories a day, sometimes a bit more, like 1900

Speaking of which...I'm off to insanity...it's a recovery day, but a new workout so I don't know what to expect.

have a great day ladies....
  • pinbotchick
    pinbotchick Posts: 3,904
    Options
    Welcome Becca!!! I just love your name. I agree it's nice to be on a thread where people are having success, eating more than 1200 cal and have lots of weight to lose. We are a great bunch of Super Heroes!!!

Lacey - I sent a FB friend request. I'd like to see Gracey's pics. She sounds adorable!!! This iPhone needs a spell check feature - please forgive my mistakes.

Mish - my thoughts and prayers are with you. Good luck.

Amy - the waterpark sounds wonderful!!! I think your plan for your son is great. I hope he's ready in Feb.

Guess I should geg out of bed and get ready for my bike ride.
  • KendalBeee
    Options
    Good morning ladies! Welcome Becca!

I'm not doing too good in the weigh in department. I gained MORE since yesterday even though I was totally within my cals and just slightly over my sodium. Not too worried about it though cause thats the price you pay when you weigh daily. I know it'll drop tomorrow or Friday but I'm willing to bet a lot of money that I will show a gain from last week.

I kicked my own butt last night in zumba. I have figured out that if I don't run on Monday nights, then I can work harder Tuesdays in zumba because my knees don't bother me as much. I've also realized that my legs have gotten a lot stronger since I started running because....well....lets just say I have more fun in the bedroom. haha :blushing:

Today my goal is to resist eating anything from the Snack Shop (even though the Snack Shop is at my desk and people come to me to buy their snacks). Its a waste of money and a waste of calories, especially since I have a whole drawer full of food right here that's better for me. I gotta get my sweet tooth under control again. I used to NEVER eat sweets and therefore I never craved them- ever. Now I want them all the time.

anyways, thats all of an update I have for now....gotta get to work
  • akasullengal
    akasullengal Posts: 1,499 Member
    Options
    Morning ladies!

Lacey- those pictures of Gracie are GORGEOUS! She looks amazing adorable and beautiful.

Becca- welcome to the group! Just join right on in! Everyone here is so supportive!

Amy- super jealous of your trip to London! Have some extra room in your suitcase to pack me?

Victoria- you've got quite the exercise-filled weekend. I'm sure it'll help compensate for the birthday festivities. The Mackinaw Bridge walk sounds fabulous... would love to do that one of these days.

Kendal- I need to get in on some of this extra exercise your getting *wink* glad you were able to push it harder in Zumba! Resist those snacks!

Today is my long work day. I was (am) dragging this morning. Had thoughts of getting to the gym before work, but there was just no way. Plus, I'm not even sure if I have enough time to get there and put in the 45-60min I want to put in when I go there and be at work on time. So, yeah... not sure about exercise for the day. Last week I went to the gym during my lunch hour, which I did not enjoy. It's nice to have some in for the day, but that's just not a good time for me. I'll try after work, but most likely, it'll be a rest day and I'll plan on doing crosstraining on Friday to compensate for my sluggishness today. I'm seriously contemplating taking a long lunch hour and getting a power nap in (versus something more productive, like, you know, exercising).

Weight was up this morning. No surprise as I didn't eat until about 8:30 last night and that included a beer, veggie burger, and fries. Plus I didn't drink enough water yesterday. Let's hope it drops off before Friday weigh-in. There's a potluck at my other office that I was being reeled into today, but I am seriously thinking about that whole nap thing. *stares off into distance*

Anyone want to run my bipolar group tonight for me? Would like to just go home.

btw, if any of you gals are on facebook and I haven't friended you, let me know, and I'd love to add you. I would post my profile link here, but I don't want to whole site to see- just y'all
  • KendalBeee
    Options
    ditto about the facebook thing...would love to friend yall there

So there's a charity walk at the end of September thats 4 miles long. Victoria- I know you've posted it several times already, but don't you have a link to a website where you can customize a jogging program? I can currently go 2 miles in about 30-32 minutes, but I'd really like to increase my speed and distance. I realize theres not too much time to "train" for it, but I'd still like to try something. Maybe when the weather starts to cool off I will attempt c25k again. I was doing it on the treadmill before and got scared when the treadmill started slipping. Now that I'm outside I can tell that I run faster but I've also been able to increase the distance that I jog....at least a little.
  • Rmeikel
    Rmeikel Posts: 35
    Options
    Thanks gals. I am going to need all the support we can get.

I did a weigh in today 248.6, that's 22 pounds since I started in July! I am so excited to see those numbers go down. Since I just started, I know the loss will slow down, and I just want to make sure I keep going even if they do slow down or plateau for awhile. My biggest hurdle will be going back to school.

I am an elementary school teacher, which sucks up every moment of my time. I also tutor and teach university classes on the side. Couple that with being on the board of our teachers union, a mom, a wife, and trying to get the little guy to 800 practices/games, exercise is hard for me to fit in. I am terrified that once school starts, I will not have my routine firmly established, and will end up messing myself up.

currently, I am waking up early to do my 30 day shred workout and walk the dogs before I leave the house. I think it's the only way I am going to have the energy to do everything that I want to do in a day. thursdays are my hardest, as I leave the house at 6:45, and don't return until 11:30pm. (I teach, then I teach a class at night) How do you gals fit everything in?
  • anvy0530
    Options
    Lacey: I requested to be your friend on facebook. Can't wait to see the pics!!

Kristina & Kendal: I send you messages with my facebook profile link, please friend me if'n you like. You could see all my cool Germany pics 'n such. Oh, and Kristina - I don't have room in my luggage as I had to pay 40 Euro just to be able to check one bag and it has to weigh less than 33 Kg. Otherwise, you could totally hitchhike along with me!

Rmeikel: Good job on your weight loss so far! You sound super-busy. Once upon a time, I was super-busy and I understand how it can be daunting to try & fit in exercise with everything else. (I moved overseas back in May and still don't have a job yet so I have a lot more time than I used to) Can you fit exercise in during your son's practice times? Depending on where my son'd practices are I can slip off to the gym or walk/run on the track while practice is going on (I KNOW you have to be in the stands during a game but not so much for practice, right?) I also worked out first thing in the AM or on my lunch hour when I worked full time. I think the most important thing is to schedule exercise in to your schedule and then do it. Don't look at it as something to do when you get around to it, make it mandatory. I also know I have more energy when I exercise so I "find" more time (time that would have been spent being "too tired" to exercise). I dunno if this helps at all but I thought I'd give my 2 cents.
  • Laceylala
    Options
    Welcome Becca! Once you see what your school year is going to be as far as schedule, then you can fit in some exercise. I know you can!

I FB'd everyone I saw on there..I am not too good at those sites so hopefully I got you all.

Victoria- how do you turn OFF the stupid spell checker? My ipad constantly corrects words to what it thinks it should be and I end up deleting and retyping a whole lot. LOL.

Deb - make sure you keep eating enough with all those calories you are burning while exercising!!

I have a ton of work to do and yet I bored. No big surprise there. I need to get motivated. See ya!
  • nic3595
    nic3595 Posts: 7
    Options
    Hi I'm new to the site and am finally ready to get in shape. College life has not treated me well. Between classes and 2 jobs I am at my heaviest, 225. I love the support and motivation this site gives, I think it is the extra push I need to get back in shape. I used to be a runner in high school and be able to binge eat and burn it off with the other skinny girls. Now I have been out of practice in running and still eating way too much! Keeping track of my food has really put it in perspective. I am always on the go, I am hoping someone has some healthy eating tips for me. Its hard to change my mindset of food. I start school again on the 30th and am dreading the 18 credit hours that await, but it also means full gym access and handy-dandy book holders on the tredmill so I can study and burn calories!! I am really impressed and motivated by all of you on here. I can't wait to see my progress.
    -Nicole
  • pinbotchick
    pinbotchick Posts: 3,904
    Options
    Welcome Nicole!!! Healthy eating is tough. I am on the road most of the day driving every hour in my car between clients... I pack a snack per vehicle drive. 100 gr cherry tomatoes, cucumber, baby carrots, etc, piece of fruit, a salad, granola bar, sandwich wrap, cup of soup.... I don't have time for a formal lunch and have found that prepping food and cal out this way, I'm around 1100 cal when I get home (counting my 200 to 300 for breakfast.) Then I can have a nice dinner. Packing my own lunch has kept me out of fast food restaurants - which was my prior downfall. Let us know what you decide. I have an insulated lunch bag that stores in the freezer to keep the stuff cool...

Lacey - LOL I have that same problem with the IPhone but the darn thing doesn't correct it words not in the bank of auto correct stuff. The only thing I've been able to do is hit the "x" at the end of a word when it pops up and then it goes away...

Kendal - www.runnersworld.com is the website with the free training program. If you only have a few weeks, it would be better to make one up yourself.

I want in on the facebook stuff too but I've got to run and see my last 2 clients...
  • mish3131
    mish3131 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone for your thoughts. I am really getting focused even though it has taken a while.

anvy1221 - I spoke with my doc and because I am due for TOM on Sunday, he wants to schedule testing midway through my cycle. So I have to call him when TOM arrives. After being so concerned I figured that was the best route and I am happy to see he is being proactive.
  • akasullengal
    akasullengal Posts: 1,499 Member
    Options
    Just checking in briefly. Was totally crankypants all day. Tired and irritable. I'm hoping the SYTYCD finale can bring me up a bit in mood and then it's time for bed.

My group tonight went well until the last 5 minutes or so when someone basically said what the hell is the point of this. Whatever. And sort of goaded other members along. Way to throw a girl under the bus. Not what I needed this evening.

Now I'm feeling even more crappy and sort of just want to cry and/or throw a fist at the wall. Feeling completely incompetent and worthless. ARGH.

Let's all hope tomorrow is better for me, hmm?

/vent
  • Laceylala
    Options
    Kristina let me join you in a vent for a moment...id like it if for once when my husband wants to do the dishes instead of oversee Gracies bath that he actually finishes the d@mn things instead of tell me he's had all the dishes he can stand and leaves the tuppeware, pans from dinner and silverware. Especially when my mom is coming tomorrow and id like the houses to look somewhat decent. I was already semi cranky and I have been fighting a headache for a few days now and that just sent me over. The. Edge.
    Girl you work in a hardcore field. It takes a certain kind of person to do that kind of work and have the compassion to help people in need like that. I couldn't do it, my hat is off to you!

So. Lets hope both of our days are better tomorrow! And I too second the fact that I hope sytycd is good tonight.

Glass of wine or coconut ice-cream. Glass of wine or coconut ice-cream.....hard decision.

Well..have a good night ladies!
  • kimmrdodge
    kimmrdodge Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    [/quote]

Victoria- how do you turn OFF the stupid spell checker? My ipad constantly corrects words to what it thinks it should be and I end up deleting and retyping a whole thing.
    [/quote]

I have an iPad as well so I thought I'd chime in with the solution. If you don't like to hit the pop up word or x to cancel the correction it automatically does, cuz yeah often times it doesn't allow you to use slang ect, all you need to do is go to

Settings>general>keyboard>then turn off auto correct in the settings, that should about do it. Let me know if you need anymore help. This also works for the iPod and iPhone.
  • anvy0530
    Options
    Kimm: an iPad...I'm coveting one of those right now.

Lacey: What is up with guys and the dishes!??!?! DH also starts doing the dishes and then leaves the pots & pans to "let them soak" but never comes back to finish them. What did you end up with, wine or coconut ice cream?

Kristina: I'm so sorry you had a bad night. I can't imagine doing what you do for work. You said this was a bipolar group, right? My brother is bipolar and I know that when he's down he's pretty impossible to deal with. Sorry for your misery, I hope today is better.

Well it's another day closer to the weekend! Last night was a good night as I ran with DH, the dog, and my son and actually got through 5K. That C25K program rocks. I've only got one workout left in it and I'm so amazed at how far/long I can run. It was great. Except my son whined the whole time as he didn't "feel" like going running (despite the fact that he can run circles around me on most days). So that was distracting. Happily, DH slowed down & walked with Gabe whenever his whining peaked so I could finish my workout. Today, it's raining outside so I'll either do Insanity or go swimming again. Have a great day!!