More Things people do on the treadmill that bug you..

Options
The previous thread seemed to be closed but I had to say this....

This is admittedly an odd reaction and maybe it's just related to a subjective personal aversion to running...
but I'm going say, I've always found people running on a tread mill irritating.

I associate treadmills with walking and when I see someone running on one it just strikes me as wrong somehow.

No I don't have any rational reason for this reaction it's just what it is...

shug

Replies

• junipearl
    junipearl Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    if anything, I'd think it'd be the other way around (i.e. for running, rather than walking).
  • _Waffle_
    _Waffle_ Posts: 13,049 Member
    Options
    treadmill-dancer-guy_thumb.gif?resize=560%2C315
  • fxgs
    fxgs Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Pay more attention to what you are doing when you are on the treadmill rather than what other people are doing.
    Ever think that people who are running on the treadmill think its strange you are just walking on one?
  • ryry_
    ryry_ Posts: 4,966 Member
    Options
    Yes, thats weird, and yes its just you.

And dont you bring shug knight into this!
  • lithezebra
    lithezebra Posts: 3,670 Member
    Options
    Not wiping the handles and screen down after touching them, incessantly, with their sweaty palms?
  • MinimalistShoeAddict
    MinimalistShoeAddict Posts: 1,946 Member
    Options
    Haha that looks like a great workout!
  • texerus
    texerus Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    1. First, if there is the same treadmill two down from me take that one first (unless you are a hot female)
    2. Next, get off the phone! I don’t need to hear your life
    3. Don’t talk to me as I am focused (unless…see number one)
  • Bry_Fitness70
    Bry_Fitness70 Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    The previous thread seemed to be closed but I had to say this....

This is admittedly an odd reaction and maybe it's just related to a subjective personal aversion to running...
    but I'm going say, I've always found people running on a tread mill irritating.

I associate treadmills with walking and when I see someone running on one it just strikes me as wrong somehow.

No I don't have any rational reason for this reaction it's just what it is...

shug

Why would you need to go to the gym and get on a treadmill just to walk? Go walk at the mall, its free, it smells better, and you won't occupy equipment that other people need to use for running.
  • bkw99508
    bkw99508 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    1. First, if there is the same treadmill two down from me take that one first (unless you are a hot female)
    2. Next, get off the phone! I don’t need to hear your life
    3. Don’t talk to me as I am focused (unless…see number one)

^^^This but substitute "male" for "female"
  • KenziesFrenzies
    KenziesFrenzies Posts: 1,014 Member
    Options
    I think it's kind of crappy to judge people who are walking OR running on treadmills.
    I completely understand behavior pet peeves, like talking on the phone, but being bothered by walking? Seriously?

Maybe for those like me, who have never been "runners", EVER, need to alternate between walking and jogging to *build up* to running.

I don't give a crap what people think of me if I'm walking on a treadmill, or when I run (for ridiculously short periods of time).
    At least I'm moving my *kitten*. That's all that matters.
  • dawlschic007
    dawlschic007 Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    I hate it when people take the treadmill right next to me when the rest are open....and it always seems to be someone that lets it rip a lot when they are running. I had that happen to me last time I was there and the guy kept grunting while he was doing it. Ugh. It was so bad I almost stopped running to move, but I only had a few more minutes left. Thankfully, he left shortly after.
  • VictoryGarden
    VictoryGarden Posts: 194 Member
    Options

Why would you need to go to the gym and get on a treadmill just to walk? Go walk at the mall, its free, it smells better, and you won't occupy equipment that other people need to use for running.

Maybe your mall is on an incline, but mine sure isn't! :tongue:
  • Stage14
    Stage14 Posts: 1,046 Member
    Options
    Why would you think a treadmill is just for walking? That makes no sense.
  • Fit4_Life
    Fit4_Life Posts: 828 Member
    Options
    If people on treadmill bothered me that much....I'd buy my own treadmill. But they don't bother me..Soooo,On the other hand..People shouldn't criticize or judge what they do on a machine..At least they are there to make a change. You should be happy for them.
  • kempt_ken
    kempt_ken Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Reply to bw_conway

That pretty much summarizes what I'm thinking only the reciprocal. I feel like running is something meant to be done outside on the road.

Like I said my quirk not intended to be a judgement on all the treadmill runners out there just confession of my thoughts on the question from the original thread.
  • suzyfj8
    suzyfj8 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Talking on the phone annoys me, you are here to work not chat!
  • jayliospecky
    jayliospecky Posts: 25,022 Member
    Options
    It bugs me when people on the treadmill run for longer than I do. Stop trying to make me look bad!
  • calibriintx
    calibriintx Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options
    It bugs me when people are on treadmills. Treadmills are for this:

zuEkq.gif
  • bohica36
    bohica36 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    It used to bug me that my 69 year old Mom warmed up at a faster speed than I could even go. (Let's keep that a secret!). I can finally keep up with her now. Go Mom go!

I hate when people talk on the phone. Next time I am going to yell, "honey, come back to bed!" If they don't get in trouble, at least they will stay away from me next time.
  • teaparty75
    Options
    Haha that looks like a great workout!

i want him to fall ! just like i want the lady at my gym who walks on the treadmill backwards to fall ...