More Things people do on the treadmill that bug you..

Options

Replies

• Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Mia_RagazzaTosta Posts: 4,885 Member
    Options
    Oh.
  • Mrsjones172
    Mrsjones172 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    People talking on the phone is annoying. One thing that also annoys me is people jacking the incline right up and then near enough hanging off the treadmill holding on!!! What the hell is the point of putting it at such a high incline if you are just going to hold on and make it easier???
  • madworld1
    madworld1 Posts: 524
    Options
    First world problems. Bless your heart.
  • Xtrobelights
    Xtrobelights Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    How about you worry about YOUR workout and not about someone you don't even know. Worry about yourself and **** everyone else. Is your life really that pathetic you have to stare at other people and judge them at a gym? I guess the answer to that question is obvious. As for the phone thing...move to another treadmill or put your music on, there's a lot worse things that can happen.

As for me...nothing annoys me unless someone is actually trying to talk to me when I'm clearly focused.
  • flashfangirl_102
    flashfangirl_102 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I think it's kind of crappy to judge people who are walking OR running on treadmills.
    I completely understand behavior pet peeves, like talking on the phone, but being bothered by walking? Seriously?

Maybe for those like me, who have never been "runners", EVER, need to alternate between walking and jogging to *build up* to running.

I don't give a crap what people think of me if I'm walking on a treadmill, or when I run (for ridiculously short periods of time).
    At least I'm moving my *kitten*. That's all that matters.
    ^ Totally agree with you, im busting my *kitten* jogging and would love to be one of those people who are basically sprinting on a tradmill, i just would die if i tried that ahha
  • TheRealParisLove
    TheRealParisLove Posts: 1,907 Member
    Options
    Nothing really bugs me, but more people should exercise with their pets.

dogs-on-treadmill.gif
  • tavenne323
    tavenne323 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Nothing really bugs me, but more people should exercise with their pets.

dogs-on-treadmill.gif

I have seen people at my gym leave their dogs in their car, on a decent day, and walk on the treadmill.

Also, I know some people don't like when they take the treadmill right next door...I'm not a fan either. However, my gym has two different brands of treadmills. A lot of one brand and two of the other. I of course prefer the latter. So if someone is on one of them, I will probably take up the one next door.
  • ashleyinthecold
    ashleyinthecold Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Same as most -- when someone every other treadmill is open and someone gets on right next to me. AYFKM. And when people talk on the phone (usually only bothers me if I forgot my earbuds, but either way, it's real rude.)
  • SmangeDiggs
    SmangeDiggs Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    I will get on treadmill right next to someone so i can run directly under the air conditioner. Then we play the treadmill racing game, but at least im frosty cool while doing it.
  • GayleCain
    Options
    I do not think we should ever judge anyone who is exercising -- seriously, shouldn't this community be a supportive one???
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    :noway:
  • karolinacorrea
    karolinacorrea Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Well, I disagree. I think treadmills are for both running and walking. What I find really awful is how some people are so rude sharing their thoughts. We are all grown ups, we should be able to politely disagree.
  • thatonepersonfromtheinternet
    Options
    treadmill-dancer-guy_thumb.gif?resize=560%2C315

Dude. Not going to lie, if I could do that I'd be working out like that all the time .
  • themedalist
    themedalist Posts: 3,212 Member
    Options
    I think it's kind of crappy to judge people who are walking OR running on treadmills.
    I completely understand behavior pet peeves, like talking on the phone, but being bothered by walking? Seriously?

Maybe for those like me, who have never been "runners", EVER, need to alternate between walking and jogging to *build up* to running.

I don't give a crap what people think of me if I'm walking on a treadmill, or when I run (for ridiculously short periods of time).
    At least I'm moving my *kitten*. That's all that matters.

Amen Sister.

Not all of us are lucky enough to be able to run. I was born with cerebral palsy. I don't have the coordination to run but I can walk. In fact, I've walked 11 half marathons. Hoping to do my 12th once I recover from hip replacement surgery.

Please don't judge the person next to you on the treadmill until you've walked in their shoes.
  • RhonndaJ
    RhonndaJ Posts: 1,615 Member
    Options
    It's been a while since I've been to the gym, but I don't think there was anything that actually 'bugged' me, though I did used to wonder about the people who could read while on the treadmill. I just couldn't understand how they pulled it off.

As for the OP, I actually understand completely unexplainable irritations.
  • Kevalicious99
    Kevalicious99 Posts: 1,131 Member
    Options
    I hate when people talk on their phones at the gym ... just so so annoying. But that's just me being me. As far as the treadmill .. I don't really care what people do on it .. as long as they don't bother me with what I am doing.
  • Ely82010
    Ely82010 Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options
    1) I walk in the treadmill. I don't run or jog, anywhere.
    2) I will walk sometimes at a high incline and/or change speed and I do hold down to the sides; not to make it easier to exercise, but to make it harder to fall down.
    3) I will take the treadmill that I prefer, specially if is under the ceiling fan, and if somebody doesn't like it TS. I don't chat when I am working out.
    4) Cell phones are not allowed at my gym. If you get a call, better step down and go to the lobby area. If you don't, I will tell you the rules or call the monitor and have you "gently" removed.
    5) I go to the gym to workout, not to get annoyed by what other members do in the facility, as long as they are working out. If they are just sitting down, talking, and not using equipment that I need, I will politely ask you if "you are done," or call the monitor (see #4).
  • bobbinalong
    bobbinalong Posts: 151 Member
    Options

This is awesome!
  • shutyourpieholeandsquat
    Options
    :laugh: I think we're all (me included) just a bunch of whiny people with 1st world problems

edited for poor sentence structure
  • DamePiglet
    DamePiglet Posts: 3,730 Member
    Options

Dude. Not going to lie, if I could do that I'd be working out like that all the time .
    Me too!!
    But if he was right next to me, I'm not sure if I'd be nervous that I'd have to catch him! Either that or i would join him!

Here are some reasons others might choose to use a treadmill over being outside:
    - sun sensitivity
    - allergies
    - fear of walking or jogging alone
    - don't have to be concerned about dodging traffic
    - treadmills offer less impact

On and on.

I'm pretty sure that the treadmill world is big enough for all of us.

Except phone talkers... They deserve wedgies. :-)