Free food at work not letting me lose weight

Options

Replies

• lucan07
    lucan07 Posts: 509
    Options
    There was no need to start this thread there is already a thread titled "Post your excuse here" yours looks as silly as those, the food is doing nothing, YOU are not letting you lose weight!
  • xRiverX
    xRiverX Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Love this lol just eat it coz you know you want it

But

Run, cycle, swim you @ss off

laugh mine off
  • ProgressNotPerfection32
    Options
    My rule for work related eating is this: if I didn't bring it to work, I do not eat it. Simple as that. That way I know exactly what I'm eating every day
  • crackur
    crackur Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    that has to be one of the dumbest things I have read........free food........not letting me lose weight..........your refusal to stop eating is that is doing that.
  • crackur
    Options

But

laugh mine off
    that doesn't work.

are you sure you came here for the right reason?
  • LuLuChick78
    LuLuChick78 Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    1. Log accurately and stick to your goals.
    2. Stop making excuses.
    3. Exercise more if you require more calories allowed in your day.
    4. Stop making excuses.

This! Excellent advise. :)

Awww shucks :blushing: it was nothing really.......ok, ok, I am a genius. :laugh:
  • crackur
    Options
    The food isn't "making" you do anything, it's your choice. Personally, I do eat the food on social occasions, then if I eat too much, I eat less than usual or exercise more than usual to make up for it the next day. Free food just sitting in the break room when it's not a social occasion, I skip. If you feel like you have to eat it when you look at it, don't look at it. Don't go in there.
    thank you
  • dym123
    dym123 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    I had a hard time resisting food at work also, the ultimate test came last holiday season when we started getting gift baskets from vendors full of yummy goodies. To make things for difficult for me all of the food was located right next to my cube, though I couldn't see it, I could hear people all day long make visits and complain how they shouldn't be eating it. I made it through only eating the fruit. Now when there is food at work I barely blink, I do treat myself to the really good stuff, like the chocolates one of the VPs brought back from Paris.
  • SuperCrsa
    SuperCrsa Posts: 790 Member
    Options
    1. Log accurately and stick to your goals.
    2. Stop making excuses.
    3. Exercise more if you require more calories allowed in your day.
    4. Stop making excuses.

This! Excellent advise. :)

Awww shucks :blushing: it was nothing really.......ok, ok, I am a genius. :laugh:

So simple, so profound and so true! You are a genius for figuring that one out :)
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    We have free food at work too, we have vending machines with crap in it....

I am still losing weight.....

Why because I choose when I eat, what I eat and how much I eat the food doesn't.

If you say you can't fight temptation that's on you not the food, unless it's jumping off the plate into your mouth and forcing your jaw to chew and then forcing you to swallow it....:noway:

Blunt I know but really....you have choices...you are not a child who's parent is not letting you leave the table until you have cleaned your plate....

So again with my blunt statement...

You either want to lose weight or you don't....you might not want it bad enough....
  • bluefish49
    bluefish49 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    The free food comes with enforcers. Armed soldiers of fortune accompany the free food. The first one grabs your hand, forces it forward to grab the most calorie-filled sugary donut. He clamps your fingers around the donut, while two others use leverage on your elbow to move that donut towards your mouth. A fourth pries your mouth open, and once the donut is inserted inside the mouth, the fourth and a fifth enforcer proceed to keep your mouth closed until said donut is swallowed. This process is repeated until all donuts are gone.

I saw three different videos of this phenomenon on You Toob, and it has been verified by Snipes!
  • tyediri
    tyediri Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    What I sometimes do is plan all my meals for the day and complete my diary for the whole day in the morning. That way you know exactly what you can eat to stay under the calorie limit and how many calories you have spare (if any) in case you are tempted to eat something.
    And if you cannot resist temptation (which used to be a problem for me, but hasn't been for a while since I started filling my exercise diary early) you know that you will have to do a little bit more exercise to balance out that fruit and nut snack bar you just ate. :)

Good luck! :)

EDITED:
    Have just had a read through other answers and I do agree with everyone else that will power is key. It is not going to be easy, but I have been there and I know how difficult it can be and how demoralised you feel about not being able to fight temptation successfully. But keep at it, and one day you wont be tempted anymore.

I used to crave chocolate every day. If I didn't have any chocolate one day I'd feel miserable. I tried to fight temptation by not buying any chocolate one day and ended up eating some God-awful chocolate cake toppings that I found in the cupboard to satisfy my cravings. (I know, Pig!) And as of today I haven't had any chocolate for more than 2 weeks and the last time I did have chocolate was only because I was offered some by a friend and was not to satisfy any craving. :)

The important thing is to not give up just because you keep slipping up. Good luck!! :)
  • Dr1nkbleachndye
    Dr1nkbleachndye Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    I have people eat pizza, and fried food in my face, at the same table as me every day during lunch. I work in a job where my body is craving carbs all the time. But I dont give in.

Dieting and nutrition isnt for the feint of heart.

You more then likely have the will power to see it through, and make sure you stay on track, but apparently you don't want it bad enough.
  • allaboutthecake
    allaboutthecake Posts: 1,535 Member
    Options
    If someone brings in cakes to work, I make sure I have a piece (rude not to :D) I will then go to the gym and hit the treadmill.
    I will never again allow myself to feel pressured to eat something just to make someone else feel good. If someone feels bad, or wants to make me feel guilty because I'm deciding against calories that aren't worth it to me...they are the rude ones. If someone can't understand that I'm making choices for my own physical and mental health, and it has nothing to do with them...well, then I don't so much care what they think, it's not like they have my best interest in mind.

:love: :love: QFT. PLUS this: One never knows what the baker's cleanliness habits are....is their kitchen clean? Do they drop a utensil on the floor but get a clean one or do they say, "2-second rule" and use it again? Do they have pets? Do they lick the spoon & then stick it back in the batter/icing? I have seen homes where the cats climb on the counters above the stove (gross!), the litterbox is in the kitchen, the dogs sticks the nose up high to the table where the treat is, double-dipping, kids with runny noses....you get the idea....:noway: :noway:
  • yogicarl
    yogicarl Posts: 1,260 Member
    Options
    Allaboutthecake has it. I learned never to eat anything my kids brought back from cooking at school - threadworms!
  • allaboutthecake
    allaboutthecake Posts: 1,535 Member
    Options
    Allaboutthecake has it. I learned never to eat anything my kids brought back from cooking at school - threadworms!

:sick: :sick:
  • xRiverX
    Options

But

laugh mine off
    that doesn't work.

are you sure you came here for the right reason?

Hell ya,my methods to loose weight is the "whole experience" when you say "no" you are facing your demons.Might as well eat it till you regret it then you can start the weight loss again.

Life is up and down,its never at a constant unless you find pure happiness. If you fall you get back up to which you "will" fall again and again until you learn to balance,which slowed down is falling and regaining balance ;)

Its fun very good fun lol. ppl who fear state your claims and believe once failed is a failure.Ppl like me knows nothing of failure ;)
  • xRiverX
    Options
    that has to be one of the dumbest things I have read........free food........not letting me lose weight..........your refusal to stop eating is that is doing that.

Exactly my point but how is this helping her? Abrupt and unnecessary lol Im sure she is well aware of this.
  • xRiverX
    Options
    The food isn't "making" you do anything, it's your choice. Personally, I do eat the food on social occasions, then if I eat too much, I eat less than usual or exercise more than usual to make up for it the next day. Free food just sitting in the break room when it's not a social occasion, I skip. If you feel like you have to eat it when you look at it, don't look at it. Don't go in there.
    thank you

LMAO again,do you ppl get "Gold stars" for pointing the obvious out?
  • LuLuChick78
    LuLuChick78 Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    thank you

LMAO again,do you ppl get "Gold stars" for pointing the obvious out?

Obviously we don't...but obviously it is NOT obvious! :tongue: